Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LBs Greg Williams and Tre Lamar
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

LBs Greg Williams and Tre Lamar

Jun 21, 2018, 11:05 PM

On the right? Clemson MLB Tre Lamar. On the left? New commit Greg Williams. Look at that wingspan. Brent Venables knows exactly what he's doing. Kid is gonna be a baller.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgQzwyiVMAAdIYR?format=jpg

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LBs Greg Williams and Tre Lamar

Jun 21, 2018, 11:23 PM

Venables has seemed to favor length, height and speed over size for some time now. He was ahead of the curve when he came to Clemson, I have no doubt he is a great talent evaluator as well as teacher and a coach.

Greg is not Tre

Jun 21, 2018, 11:48 PM

He is a solid player, but I do not see the same burst and closing speed that Lamar had.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Greg is not Tre

Jun 21, 2018, 11:53 PM

Lamar is a stud and very quick for his size, and hits hard. I was agreeing that the "prototype & measurables" of what Venables is looking for is specific. Hope this kid develops and becomes the best he can be under Venables.

Oh I think he will be a baller

Jun 21, 2018, 11:54 PM

But I just don’t think he compares that much to Lamar

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Oh I think he will be a baller

Jun 22, 2018, 12:12 AM

I agree, Tre' is just a unique talent. Having him back at full health is going to big for the LB group.

If Tre Lamar stays healthy all season

Jun 22, 2018, 12:48 AM

And improves on his stats from last year, he will most likely be a lock to leave early for the draft. He has all the measurable and attributes you want in a LB. IMO, he will be gone unless an injury occurs. Wilkins, Ferrell, Dex, Bryant, Joseph, Hyatt and Lamar all have the potential to be 1st round picks next year. 7 tigers picked in the first round, how crazy would that be? Definitely going out on a limb by saying that but it’s not that far fetched to think

That doesn’t include

Jun 22, 2018, 1:12 AM

Mullen, Fields, Simmons (who is a freak), Huggins, Renfrow, Wallace (who has played great so far in his college career and a bit underrated imo), possibly Yeargin if he can pull a Mike Williams and play lights out his sr yr after suffering a neck injury and Milan Richard if he can put everything together his last year. If we can make it back and win a national championship I could see a lot of guys like Mullen, Simmons, and Wallace leaving esp after Ray Ray and Van leaving this year when another season would have benefited them so much. Not a long shot to think we could have 10 or more Clemson players drafted after this season.

Re: LBs Greg Williams and Tre Lamar

Jun 22, 2018, 7:21 AM

Esp since you direct qouted.

U should have credited david hood

Jun 22, 2018, 7:24 AM

Is what the title shouldve said

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive