Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
U of SC may be a 1 and 3 fustercluck and all, but...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 3,382

U of SC may be a 1 and 3 fustercluck and all, but...

Sep 23, 2019, 10:54 AM

...that Hilinski Hope Sinks headline was just a low blow. I went to their site and donated; made sure to let 'em know it was coming from a Clemson fan though. Rival or not, I cannot imagine dealing with what that family has gone through.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: U of SC may be a 1 and 3 fustercluck and all, but...

Sep 23, 2019, 11:03 AM

Absolutely was. That was irresponsible and someone needs to be held accountable for that nonsense

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. After all of the positive attention their

Sep 23, 2019, 11:10 AM

organization and family received during the week leading up to the game, the State showed how big of a crapbox they are by running that headline.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Sep 23, 2019, 11:12 AM

Irresponsible and in poor taste but probably not intentional. I had never heard of the charity and the good works it has planned as I feel is true for others. The cloud having a silver lining might eventually apply here.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Sep 23, 2019, 11:28 AM

The only reason I had heard of it is because I actually work with a decent coot and read an article about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, but anyone involved in covering UofSC football,

Sep 23, 2019, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: U of SC may be a 1 and 3 fustercluck and all, but... ]

particularly in Columbia, knew about the charity. It was in the news all week. The headline was intentional.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

The coincidence does seem improbable. I gave an alternate

Sep 23, 2019, 11:43 AM

view below, but you might be right.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2019, 11:15 AM

I hate the cucks beyond any rationality and love seeing their season crash and burn.. but I can't bring myself to cheer against that kid. He seems like a genuinely good kid from a great family that suffered enough. Being Californians, they didn't probably realize how trashy that program is when they (as in the whole family) made the commitment. I'm sure they're well aware now and being early on, hopefully are already vetting new locations and can get a head start on the transfer portal.

Beyond that, The State paper owes more than just an apology. I don't know how they would begin to make that right, but if I were in charge, I'd start with a six figure donation to their organization.

For those of us that are out of state, what did the headline say?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HH Sinks

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2019, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: U of SC may be a 1 and 3 fustercluck and all, but... ]

"Hillinski Hope Sinks" was the headline.

Hillinski's Hope is the name of the foundation that was set up after his brother died, if that helps you understand.

Sep 23, 2019, 12:18 PM

Thanks, Much clearer now.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2019, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: U of SC may be a 1 and 3 fustercluck and all, but... ]

To make it clearer, and put that trashy headline into even better perspective, his brother did not just die. He took his own life. I have never held a subscription to the State newspaper, although I have purchased it on occasion at news stands. Those occasions are forever a thing of the past now.

Sep 23, 2019, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: U of SC may be a 1 and 3 fustercluck and all, but... ]

Six Figure? That's probably the entire operating budget for a newspaper these days!

Sep 23, 2019, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Re: U of SC may be a 1 and 3 fustercluck and all, but... ]

^^^^^^ Post of the Day! ^^^^^^
Also, Poast of the Day!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2019, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: U of SC may be a 1 and 3 fustercluck and all, but... ]

I have no way of knowing, and I'm sure it would be an example of what the Bible teaches to not let the right hand know what the left hand does. That said, it would not surprise me to hear down the road that Dabo quietly donated to this family's charity after that thoughtless headline. That's just who he is and what being a great coach is all about. He would not make a big deal about it and would not even care if people to know. I hope the kid does ok, but has a "less than perfect" game in November. I'll be surprised if he stays another year. I see him playing at the other USC sooner than later.

On one hand it seems to be an innocent mistake.

Sep 23, 2019, 11:41 AM

Article written in Colombia, formatted and headlined in Charlotte, probably at 1:00 AM by a 24 year old who has never been to a football game. And outside of Colombia the charity is on no one's radar. If it was that, it was actually a well written headline. I hope the paper doesn't sacrifice whoever that was.

On the other hand the coincidence seems a bit out there.

Hopefully some good will come of it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It sucks that happened, but from a football standpoint

Sep 23, 2019, 11:48 AM

it may turn out to be a positive for them. Does the kid and the team have the wherewithal to rally around the loss and the inexplicable headline, or do they fold up and whine about it like a bunch of kids who didn't get their participation trophy?

This kind of stuff builds character and resiliency if you're mentored/parented/coached correctly. The way this is going, and the way the university responded, seems to me like a convenient diversion from hating on Muschump. Put on your big boy pants, ####, and go hit somebody.

They are coots they fold

Sep 23, 2019, 12:09 PM

That's what coots do

Even in this age of hypersensitivity . . .

Sep 23, 2019, 12:18 PM

This seemed like a low blow. Probably just a headline writer trying to be cute, but he/she sure stepped in it this time; probably out of a job now too.

Had a friends who's job was to stop this kind of thing at a

Sep 23, 2019, 1:01 PM

newspaper in NC. She said the writers would try to slip cutesy headlines past her all the time and get shot down. So probably, some goofball writer thought it was funny, and an editor missed it, or worse, let it go by. Shameful for the paper and sad for the family.

Replies: 20
| visibility 3,382
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic