Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
U Verse ACCN and CBS
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,545

U Verse ACCN and CBS

Aug 20, 2019, 2:44 PM

I talked to U Verse today. Those of you with Direct or UVerse that lost CBS, ATT has made a deal with CBS and u will be getting the CBS stations back very soon. The ACCN I could not get an answer on as usual. Said they would have to defer to the PTB with ATT for that decision, so again we wait. Just thought you might be interested.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: U Verse ACCN and CBS

Aug 20, 2019, 2:53 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-Two-days-away-25811427#25811427

Aug 20, 2019, 3:26 PM

ATT Direct TV and ATT Uverse are two different things.

Aug 20, 2019, 6:28 PM

That's off the UVerse app.... Which I have UVerse here in Charlotte. Shows as it's likely going to be channel 1603 on the HD side for UVerse.... Already showing on the app. ??

They are likely waiting until last minute to add to boxes trying to get people to switch to DirectTV.... Which they aren't going to tell you they are doing that. They want to create the paranoia, so they can get the customer shift they've been trying to get for the past year or more since they took over DirectTV.

And if they don't add it in time for the game, just get a free trial of YouTubeTV for the game and cancel afterwards. It being on the app shows they have intentions to add it.

Aug 20, 2019, 2:57 PM

That is good news, we lost NBC in my area, so hopefully this is a good sign - thanks!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2019, 3:03 PM

too little, too late.. I'm subscribing to YTTV tonight or tomorrow and will turn in my cable boxes to the ATT tech when he comes out Saturday morning to do whatever it is he has to do to my wifi.. ATT has burned the bridge with me. I'll still have internet and cell service, but will phase those out soon enough too.

That being said, I don't blame this clusterf*ck solely on ATT. Why the ACC is waiting until the very last minute to get this network going, I have no clue. I'm not the smartest man, but it seems like it would make sense to get it going a couple weeks early, iron out the kinks and let people find the station and get their recordings inline. Play repeats of some games for a few weeks, nothing wrong with that. Instead, they'll flip the switch on just as the cannon fires next Thurs.. idiotic.

Aug 20, 2019, 3:12 PM

when did the sec conference network kick off in relation to football season. i like att cell service and uverse but i have told them that i will change if the network is not available. the way i took it something may be announced tomorrow. we shall see.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2019, 3:18 PM

I have no idea when the SEC network kicked off, but it's been on for years and years.. meanwhile, the "ACC Network" has been relegated to some hidden back alley on ESPN's site for the last year - it's been more of a half-a55ed page than what I'd consider a "network".

Either way, my frustrations with ATT lie more with their ineptness and (lack of) customer service. That, combined with a $400 monthly bill (and being told it will climb another $75 next month) forced me to make some tough decisions. ATT seems to be too big to care, but eventually they will realize the errors of their ways. Never understood why a person that jumps from provider to provider wields more power than a loyal 20 year customer, but whatever. Water under the bridge at this point.

Aug 20, 2019, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Re: U Verse ACCN and CBS ]

I agree 110%.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2019, 5:47 PM

Be sure you aren't confusing two different contract disputes. The dispute between AT&T and CBS ended earlier this month. This was for any network that was owned and operated by CBS, as well as CBS Sports Network and Smithsonian Channel.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/media/2019/08/08/at-t-and-cbs-dispute-ends-channels-return-directv-u-verse/1952852001/

There is a separate dispute between AT&T and Nexstar. Many of the networks that are dark on DIRECTV and U-Verse right now are because of this dispute. This includes WSPA and WYCW in the upstate of SC. I have not seen any announcement that this dispute has been resolved.

Perhaps what you were told is correct and the dispute with Nexstar has been resolved, but it is also possible that they were talking about the dispute with CBS owned stations, which was resolved a few weeks ago.

Aug 20, 2019, 6:56 PM

I’m pretty sure U-Verse is not going to carry the ACCN. AT&T is no longer actively selling U-Verse, instead they are trying to get customers to buy DIRECTV or one of the streaming services. They just announced another new streaming service today called AT&T TV. I’m an U-verse customer and I’m shopping right now for a Roku stick and looking seriously at picking up YouTube TV.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,545
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic