Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tyson Campbell
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Tyson Campbell

Aug 6, 2017, 12:08 AM

Just read where he is trending away from clemson after the all in cookout... said clemson tried to pressure him into committing at the cookout and he didn't like that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tyson Campbell

Aug 6, 2017, 12:20 AM

Pressure??? Why would the reigning national champs be "pressuring". All these kids should feel blessed to get an offer in my opinion.... Clemson just doesn't choose"anybody". And if you don't accept.... next man up. It got us to where we are now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2017, 1:06 AM

I agree 1000%, I found it odd. http://clemson.247sports.com/Bolt/Miami-Recruiting-Insider-Dolphins-Media-Day-Scoop-105828613

I find that hard to believe

Aug 6, 2017, 12:49 AM

Coach Swinney tells kids to take other visits and make sure Clemson is the right place for them (see Shaq Smith and many others). If this kid really said that it sounds like another school telling him what to say (negative recruiting). If that's the case then see ya because you're not Clemson material.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: I find that hard to believe

Aug 6, 2017, 1:05 AM

http://clemson.247sports.com/Bolt/Miami-Recruiting-Insider-Dolphins-Media-Day-Scoop-105828613

It's possible that

Aug 6, 2017, 7:20 AM

He might have felt some pressure from the other commits or players but unlikely it was the coaching staff.

If he isn't "all in", he doesn't need to be here. Plain as that

Funny, Dixon says just the opposite

Aug 6, 2017, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Re: I find that hard to believe ]

"The four-star rising senior running back from Taylor County High School in Butler, Ga., said he decided he “just wanted to go check them out again” Friday during Clemson’s All-In Cookout, and while he’s not closing the door on the Tigers, he remains firmly committed to Tennessee."

Dixon said he’s already planning to visit the Vols again Friday, and he has told Tennessee running backs coach Robert Gillespie “that my commitment to the Vols is 110 percent.”

“They’ve been talking to me a lot,” Dixon said of Clemson, which extended an offer to him on July 1. “They ain’t trying to pull me toward their school. They’re just saying, ‘Just pick what’s best for you,’ and things like that.

“I’m still saying I’m still loyal to my commitment to Tennessee. … I mean, (I like) the relationship I have with the other commits. And Coach G and (head) coach (Butch) Jones and (linebackers) coach (Tommy) Thigpen and all them, I’ve got a real good relationship with them, and I feel the love every time I come up to Tennessee.

“And I know Tennessee, I was their number-one running back for a long time. That’s who they were going after since (I was in) ninth grade, so that’s something I have respect for and what’s keeping my commitment to them so strong.”

The 5-foot-10.5, 178-pound Dixon said he made the trip to Clemson “because of the offer” he received from the Tigers, and he hasn’t ruled out visiting them again in the coming weeks and months.

“What I like about them is, really, they’ve got good facilities and things like that — just the weight room and all the facilities like that, and the locker room,” said Dixon, who’s ranked the No. 294 overall prospect and No. 6 all-purpose back in the 247Sports Composite for the 2018 class.

“Pretty much, I was just hanging out (Friday) with the players. We just did a home-run derby, watermelon-eating contest and some kind of water-balloon toss, not trying to let it bust or something like that.”

Ummmmm ?

Re: Funny, Dixon says just the opposite

Aug 6, 2017, 1:29 PM

Yeah I didn't understand it either. Never heard that response like campbell had. Maybe it's just one of those articles by an opposing team trying to gain momentum against us. I still hope that we get him.

Lulz.***

Aug 6, 2017, 2:34 PM [ in reply to I find that hard to believe ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bingo! Never heard anybody say that they felt pressure

Aug 6, 2017, 9:36 PM [ in reply to I find that hard to believe ]

to commit. Just the opposite.

The only "pressure" any of them will feel is the small

Aug 6, 2017, 2:32 PM

numbers we are taking. But when a coach tries to TALK PLAYERS OUT OF COMMITTING at even a hint of hesitation on their parts, "pressure" just doesn't reconcile.

I do think that there is a push out there by a program or two to influence players against Clemson...even to push a narrative on them...to convince them to view and respond to Clemson in a certain way. It is just WAY too coincidental that so many are acting this way...just a general disrespect for no justifiable reason.

But there are a LOT of good players out there. Looking forward to the next great classes of Tigers to rock Death Valley. The reports coming from practice about our freshmen are wonderful to hear.

Re: The only "pressure" any of them will feel is the small

Aug 6, 2017, 9:49 PM

Agreed that what he likely meant by pressure to commit is coaches saying something like:

We've got room for like 5 more guys in this class and only 1 CB - we have offers out to X number of CBs so it's just a matter of who commits first and we can't guarantee there'll be a spot for you if you decide to wait.

It's certainly accurate to say that's pressure to commit but people are not really understanding it that way which is almost surely what happened.

So y'all think Korncoot is the only one that can spread propaganda?***

Aug 6, 2017, 3:18 PM

Aug 6, 2017, 10:48 PM

Read where? Link please.

Aug 7, 2017, 1:19 AM

http://clemson.247sports.com/Bolt/Miami-Recruiting-Insider-Dolphins-Media-Day-Scoop-105828613

Aug 7, 2017, 8:18 AM

Similar to when Dabo told Ortre Smith he'd jump in the lake if he committed at the AIC last year. I'm sure it's "pressure" in the form of something exciting.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic