Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tyshon Dye on the way out,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,952

Tyshon Dye on the way out,

Jan 14, 2017, 7:06 PM

and I wish him the best. It'd be cool if he went and played for SMU. Didnt Morris recruit him?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tyshon Dye on the way out,

Jan 14, 2017, 7:38 PM

He will be a good starting back for somebody. Still has NFL potential too. We're just deep at RB right now.

Thanks for your work TyDy

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2017, 7:55 PM

Unless we sign somebody, we have exactly three RB's on scholarship next year.

The lowest-rated - and likely starter - is CJ Fuller, who really does look a lot like Reggie Merriweather - short, squat, very quick acceleration 0-60 without a real fifth gear - without quite the shocking leg drive you used to see Merriweather display upon contact. Merriweather averaged an equally shocking 5.9 yards per carry over the course of his career; right now Fuller is averaging an adequate but hardly spectacular 4.4 yards per carry.

Feaster has some speed but obviously wasn't seeing it or feeling it yet and he isn't even on the same planet as Gallman in terms of toughness and physicality, especially when it comes to blocking. (Gallman had the heart of an offensive guard.) And Adam Choice has already had an ACL tear and averaged a very mediocre 3.5 yards per carry this year (after averaging 4.4 pre-ACL-injury in 2014) and it remains to be seen if he gets that step back.

This is, sorry, a below-average (by a good margin, actually) RB stable for a Top-10 squad and is easily the weakest position group on the team. We are not Too Deep at running back right now, sorry. We need at least 2 more guys on the roster and the fact that we missed again on a franchise-type RB (after missing on Dalvin Cook, Todd Gurley, Mike Davis, and now Cordarrian Richardson in previous years) is the thing that makes me and probably Clemson's coaches grind their teeth the most.

Jan 14, 2017, 10:21 PM

Hate to see him leave and thought he had a chance for some playing time next season. Super nice young man. Wish him the best.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,952
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic