Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Opposing coaches size up the Tigers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Football Update: Opposing coaches size up the Tigers

Aug 5, 2013, 9:03 AM

Opposing coaches size up the Tigers

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you mad, bro?***

Aug 5, 2013, 9:07 AM

lol yep***

Aug 5, 2013, 9:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Stephon Anthony earned his scholly when he stripped the ball

Aug 5, 2013, 5:59 PM [ in reply to you mad, bro?*** ]

early in that ACC title game...Next?

I would say that's about right---work hard Tigers!!***

Aug 5, 2013, 9:13 AM

Two words: Bulletin Board.

Aug 5, 2013, 9:25 AM

Nothing would motivate me more than hearing opposing coaches criticize my team and me.

Re: Two words: Bulletin Board.

Aug 5, 2013, 10:08 AM

I don't believe for one d@mn second a college coach is going to talk about their opposition like that especially when its gonna be published, anonymous or not. This is just a bunch of crud to get readers. Coaches are known for their coach speak, the only coaches in America that talk junk like that about their opposing teams reside in the SEC but those coaches probably have it written in their contracts that they have to, to push the numbers and money for that league.

Re: Two words: Bulletin Board.

Aug 5, 2013, 11:45 AM

stevie might, but I doubt even he would have said that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which cantankerous old a-hole answered the Boyd

Aug 5, 2013, 9:27 AM

question, Paul Johnson or Frank Beamer?

I dont think its Johnson, aren't him and Dabo pretty

Aug 5, 2013, 9:30 AM

good friends? I read that somewhere that they communicate a lot and like each other.

Re: Which cantankerous old a-hanswered the Boyd- imagine

Aug 5, 2013, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Which cantankerous old a-hole answered the Boyd ]

what they must say about Logan Thomas then. Yikes

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Which cantankerous old a-hanswered the Boyd- imagine

Aug 5, 2013, 12:14 PM

"The quarterback, Logan Thomas, was supposed to be special and he was very below average. He’s a big, good-looking sucker. He has an accuracy problem. Turned the ball over way too much." … - See more at: http://athlonsports.com/college-football/acc-coaches-talk-anonymously-about-conference-foes-2013#sthash.yynTKy2s.EIXfu5op.dpuf

Besides what he said about Boyd....

Aug 5, 2013, 9:31 AM

he is basically right on. Anthony has been a let down so far, let's admit it. He's only a junior but he's just not lived up to the hype. Our front seven just isn't scary.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think our DL is going to be much better this year, but

Aug 5, 2013, 9:33 AM

I'm still concerned about LB. CB is scary too, but that's another topic.

I dont think one coach said all that..I think thats multiple

Aug 5, 2013, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Besides what he said about Boyd.... ]

quotes

Re: I dont think one coach said all that..I think thats multiple

Aug 5, 2013, 10:38 AM

Haters are gonna hate. Some of these guys might want to concentrate on not losing to James Madison or Richmond and not tell the world how unimpressed they are w/ clemson. Then again, 3-4 touchdown whippings do make you a little "butt hurt." LoL!

Re: I dont think one coach said all that..I think thats multiple

Aug 5, 2013, 10:38 AM [ in reply to I dont think one coach said all that..I think thats multiple ]

Haters are gonna hate. Some of these guys might want to concentrate on not losing to James Madison or Richmond and not tell the world how unimpressed they are w/ clemson. Then again, 3-4 touchdown whippings do make you a little "butt hurt." LoL!

I think our tackles on the DL are very good

Aug 5, 2013, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Besides what he said about Boyd.... ]

it's the ends that were inconsistent. I would interpret this as saying the DL was good but not spectacular. Interesting they said nothing about the secondary, the obvious weakness in the defense.

I'm also scratching my head about the Boyd comment; he's clearly the best QB in the conference.

You know my long time Clemson friend likes the d tackles too

Aug 5, 2013, 4:00 PM

I just don't think they are so great but not bad either. Just doesn't scare people.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dawg's will know the name Jarrett after 8/31. All are good

Aug 5, 2013, 4:19 PM

but I think Jarrett has a statement to make.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since UGA didn't really go hard after him

Aug 5, 2013, 4:25 PM

He may have this game circled. The interior of the UGA line will be ready though.

He won't be coming alone....***

Aug 5, 2013, 5:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let them talk. Clemson just needs to lineup and play

Aug 5, 2013, 10:00 AM

we'll see who is talking at the end of the year

Exactly! +1.***

Aug 5, 2013, 10:51 AM

"He’s got a chance to play as much for the opponent as he

Aug 5, 2013, 10:12 AM

does his own team" is a little rich. I would agree that he is inconsistent. But which team in the ACC would not want to have him?

MauldinT, where are you???

I agree with Big Daddy.

Aug 5, 2013, 10:43 AM

Although the coach's statement on Boyd was a little strong, we seem to remember only how he played in the CFA Bowl and to forget how he played against South Carolina.

Thank goodness he didn't day anything about our DB's. If he thinks Boyd is inconsistent, . . . .

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many times was Tajh sacked against SC? How much

Aug 5, 2013, 1:43 PM

time did he have to throw the ball? I'm not saying he had a great game, but he was pretty low on the list of who to blame for our offensive performance. The OL couldn't protect him at all, and we didn't do a good job calling plays to take the heat off of him.

This must be from some Athlon FSU homero who not only

Aug 5, 2013, 10:57 AM

posts anonymous quotes but does it anonymously. Get ready.

I'm sure many of you do not agree with the Tajh comments

Aug 5, 2013, 12:23 PM

but there are times when Tajh makes me ask "What is he doing?!"

When Tajh makes a mistake it is never a little mistake. His turnovers usually result in points for the other team. And there are times he still has happy feet.

Thankfully his good plays usually outweighs his bad plays.

'Happy feet' come from blocking breakdowns. Hopefully that

Aug 5, 2013, 12:36 PM

will be addressed. The FSU, NCSt, and SCar games are prime examples. At this point, we'll just have to wait till 8/31 before we know.

Wow some of you can't ever be satisfied...

Aug 5, 2013, 7:10 PM [ in reply to I'm sure many of you do not agree with the Tajh comments ]

Boyd is the best QB that Clemson has ever had by the time he's played only two full seasons with a senior year left.

I mean what QB in college or pro ever can you say didn't have a bad game or two. Every QB has things to work on. For the life of me I can't understand where this Boyd bashing is coming from.

Last year he added some wiggle to his game and he's not a good, but a GREAT QB.

Not really anything I can disagree with

Aug 5, 2013, 1:01 PM

As good as Tajh has been the past two years, he definitely has inconsistencies and makes bad decisions that hurt the team at times. He has all the physical tools needed, just sometimes the decision making is lacking.

That said, he is still the top QB in the conference and at least top 5 in the country.

Can't argue with any one of those statements. Very real.***

Aug 5, 2013, 2:00 PM

Nice wake up call, can't argue with any of it

Aug 5, 2013, 3:51 PM

now lets fix it !
GO TIGERS

Fair points made.

Aug 5, 2013, 4:16 PM

I specifically agree with the part about the front seven having no one truly scary. That doesn't mean they can't play well as a unit, but there isn't one guy that makes you say "We gotta game-plan to slow him down".

The back-tracking on this will be interesting...***

Aug 5, 2013, 5:06 PM

isn't that true with every ACC team?***

Aug 5, 2013, 5:02 PM

LOL, something tells me

Aug 5, 2013, 5:57 PM

that their comments at the end of the year will be "Man, that Tajh Boyd....wow." (after he wins Clemson's first Heisman)

Re: Football Update: Opposing coaches size up the Tigers

Aug 5, 2013, 6:05 PM

Lots of people are annoyed/upset by these remarks. I can't find any part of anything they said that is not true. Maybe I missed it, but it seems someone was being honest about their evaluations.

Our secret is not really just Boyd, it's those awesome WR's. They make this O work when others would fail. And our D probably had ONE really great game last year. ONE.

That said: I think our D is going to be much better this year, and maybe win a few games for us. As great as our O is, some teams (USUC) manage to find ways to keep our O on the sidelines and steal the games from us. Our D has to change that, or we can forget talking NC or even Top Ten.

Well, Tajh is best in ACC. Guess that coach hates his own QB

Aug 5, 2013, 6:06 PM

nm

Re: Football Update: Opposing coaches size up the Tigers

Aug 5, 2013, 7:26 PM

Just remember how many of them have a reason for sour grapes.
Enjoy the insult, it's actually a compliment.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic