Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: In-state bball target getting recruited nationally
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,914

Recruit Update: In-state bball target getting recruited nationally

Apr 6, 2012, 7:25 PM

In-state bball target getting recruited nationally

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: In-state bball target getting recruited nationally

Apr 7, 2012, 7:53 AM

These in state elite kids should always play for an in state school. The reason being. If they don't make it in the Pro ranks. They would have atleast gotten their name well known in their home state. That would help them open doors that would have been a lot harder to get through other wise. In this day and time, any slight edge to getting your foot in the door for the good/top jobs is a plus. Just sayin!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2012, 7:56 AM

sadly,most of the star athletes (in any sport) don't think that far ahead. they all think they are the next best player in the game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2012, 8:13 AM

I work in schools and, even more sadly, a lot of kids with no more talent than I have place the NBA as their one and only goal in life - many as young as elementary school when they are not even the best player on their Rec team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2012, 8:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: In-state bball target getting recruited nationally ]

Not a single flippin starter in the Kansas Kentucky game was from Kansas or Kentucky.

Why is it so easy to recruit interstate in basketball? Has Clemson ever signed a kid who had an offer from UNC or Duke? We need to land this kid.

Two things

Apr 7, 2012, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: In-state bball target getting recruited nationally ]

First, he'll get his foot in the door in the area of whatever school he chooses as long as he wants to stay around there.

Also, every kid everywhere dreams of going pro in something while growing up. Nobody dreams about systems management or underwriting. However, once they're in high school, they need to start being realistic. Even the best athletes need a back up plan in case of injury.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,914
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic