Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Two dads taking four little tigers to their first game.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Two dads taking four little tigers to their first game.

Sep 14, 2012, 6:09 PM

Four under 7. Any good suggestions from you regular road warriors with kids? How do you deal with fatigue, the long walk, drinks, bathrooms....3

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two dads taking four little tigers to their first game.

Sep 14, 2012, 6:38 PM

Good luck I'll keep you in my thoughts, it will be a day you will have years too talk about..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2012, 6:38 PM

Regarding the long walk, do your best to keep up with them! Buy them a reasonable number of drinks. Remember, there is a direct relationship between drinks and visits to the bathroom. Fatigue? Enlist neighbors to help hold them when they go to sleep!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A strategy I've used . . .

Sep 14, 2012, 7:13 PM

As much as we adults enjoy the game, the little ones really don't. Of course they'll cheer real loud when the crowd does, but they have little rapport with the actual game action.

So-o-o-o-o. . . .

If you have any of the plastic orange pom-poms that they leave in the seats, let the kids bring them. They are guaranteed entertainment value for children that age. And hand-held video games (Gameboy,etc.) are also time-fillers so the Dads can watch the game.

If possible, sit on the hill. Kids love it there and will usually self-entertain.

Finally, it may be best to anticipate leaving a bit early (i.e., get your head straight before the game starts; for a game such as this, it shouldn't be problematic). Typically, there's a lot more fun for them at your tailgate!

Good luck and enjoy!

Go, Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A stratagy I've used . . .

Sep 14, 2012, 7:44 PM

....and remember, for this day, it's really all about them!

some tips...

Sep 14, 2012, 7:42 PM

sunscreen, buy a little battery powered fan. Will keep them cool and entertained. Walk around stadium. Take advantage of the "family" bathrooms.
Have a blast

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pogey bait...

Sep 14, 2012, 8:08 PM

Keep some lollipops, candy etc in you pocket. Im bringing my 4 yr old to his 2nd game and 3yr old to her first. That was my strategy last year. With my son. Pompoms for girls should work great too. Be ready to go when they are too. It's furman, should be over by half anyways.

A day u want forget!!!

Sep 14, 2012, 8:46 PM

All the ideas are great & work. Gameboys, candy are a must but u got to buy your kid or kids the orange wigs. My son (will be 13 in a week) still loves his. He brings it to every game. Good luck!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fellow tiger about a week ago said

Sep 14, 2012, 11:23 PM

Bring lots of money for dippin dots....they sell cotton candy now too..see Lots of parents using game boy

Sep 14, 2012, 11:27 PM

Give them all their first beer.

Wake them up with :10 on the clock.

Take them to the paw.

They'll talk about their first time at DV with AWE for the rest of their lives!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Rum and coke with a lime.***

Sep 15, 2012, 10:40 PM

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic