Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Quavaris Crouch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Quavaris Crouch

Apr 16, 2018, 8:06 AM

Anna Hickey put out an article last night on Quavaris Crouch along with other recruits (she CB Sheridan Jones to Clemson)? Anyone know Crouch's recent status?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are in the top group.

Apr 16, 2018, 8:47 AM

I'd say there's 4-5 schools that have a legit shot of landing him, but I think we are right there at the top.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Quavaris Crouch

Apr 16, 2018, 8:51 AM

According to TI he wants to name a top group soon. Clemson is believed to be in that group however all of this is very fluid. He may or may not narrow down his choices soon.

He is continuing to visit places in hopes of discovering a place that feels right to him. If said place is discovered the belief is he may commit

I'm going to put words in your mouth

Apr 16, 2018, 9:06 AM

Because I think this is what you really mean...and for sure, so do I. Crouch is looking around, as are other players, to see if there's a program that can exceed the 'vibe' of Clemson.

Any player who isn't a 'me first' sort, and relishes the 'iron sharpens iron' competition that will be experienced at Clemson will have the Tigers on the list and, frankly, on top. Granted, a player can grow up loving another program, or has strong family connections, etc., that are very strong to ignore and those may win the day in his final choice. Outside of that, it's Clemson...and everyone else.

Look at a guy like Shaq Smith...5-star all-everything and yet...he's in his third spring camp and the light is finally burning brightly. Has he sulked...complained...looked around? Nope, by all accounts, he's been a 'leader' since Day One, but in a different role! That's powerful and says so much about him, the team and the Clemson Family.

My two cents...adjusted for inflation. ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TI had a good take on it

Apr 16, 2018, 9:01 AM

in a nutshell, its not fair to say Clemson is his leader b/c that's the same thing we did with Zamir White last year but with that said.. Dabo has a good shot at getting him a his own Tiger Jersey.

Big difference...

Apr 16, 2018, 9:09 AM

Crouch would rather play LB in college than RB.

Re: Big difference...

Apr 16, 2018, 9:14 AM

His words ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 16, 2018, 10:06 AM

Yes, in an interview with SEC Country he said he wanted to play linebacker because it has greater longevity than the running back position.

That's great to read. I was hoping her preferred LB.

Apr 16, 2018, 1:37 PM

We could use him.

Yes.

Apr 16, 2018, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Big difference... ]

“I’m still kind of figuring it out,” Crouch said, when asked about his future position, “but I think I’m close to knowing what I’m going to do. I just want to make enough money to take care of my family. You can do that but as a linebacker, you don’t get hit a lot. There’s longevity; you play longer. It would put me in position where I could play longer and really take care of my family.”

Apr 16, 2018, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Big difference... ]

He said Dabo told him he would be great whether he is a RB or LB, both Tony Elliot & Brent Venables are recruiting him. He says he hears from Brent everyday and Tony every couple days. He said we are recruiting him as a athlete and it’s his choice and he is leaning toward playing LB.

I read it yesterday and it was free but it might take me a while to remember where the article was.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Found it, here it is

Apr 16, 2018, 10:15 AM

https://theclemsoninsider.com/2018/04/15/where-does-clemson-stand-with-nations-no-1-prospect/

I saw the interview yesterday too but it was on YouTube I believe, he was well spoken and I believe he will be a Tiger.

Message was edited by: HumbleServant®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Rivals is reporting that he wants to play RB in college

Apr 16, 2018, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Big difference... ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axeVIVdWmLA

On December 20th, 2017, he did.

Apr 16, 2018, 12:09 PM

But things have changed as he has started to realize that LBs play longer and healthier in the NFL than RBs.

and LBs actually get paid***

Apr 16, 2018, 12:14 PM

Apr 16, 2018, 9:53 AM

Article link?

Apr 16, 2018, 9:56 AM

It’s a VIP article and I don’t have access to it. That’s why I was asking.

Two Words..

Apr 16, 2018, 11:25 AM

Coach Venables..That is All!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2018, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Quavaris Crouch ]

My guess is it's a VIP article and he cannot re-access . That's likely why he is asking .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 16, 2018, 10:22 AM

I'm asking regarding more recent news, after the TI article.

Apr 16, 2018, 12:25 PM

Crouch was on hand for FSU's spring game this past weekend. I've read somewhere that he has taken several "secret" trips to Tally the past couple of months. At the end of the day, I think Crouch is down to Clemson, FSU, and SCar. We have been the favorite for awhile now, but hope to land him here soon.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2018, 8:57 PM

Not worried about Coots or FSU. I think both are gonna have tough years and no elite player like Crouch is gonna want to go to a work in progress team.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic