Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Two (more) articles on Net Neutrality:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Two (more) articles on Net Neutrality:

Nov 14, 2014, 9:34 PM

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/14/7223109/senator-ted-cruz-thinks-net-neutrality-will-stop-cable-companies-from

The anti "net neutrality" side really shouldn't let Ted Cruz be the spokesman in this fight. He's a cartoon.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/14/5716802/game-of-phones-how-verizon-is-playing-the-fcc-and-its-customers

The last 15 years have been pretty much great for everyone; it is AT&T, Verizon, and Comcast who want to break from current patterns and impose a de-facto tax on the rest of the internet economy, starting with internet video," says Tim Wu, a professor at Columbia specializing in communication networks, in a conversation with The Verge. "To do that, the FCC needs the authority to ban degradation, fast lanes, and other ways of imposing a tax on the internet economy; the clearest source of such authority is Title II of the Telecom Act. It shows how obvious it is that broadband has become a utility, when, if your reporting is correct, Verizon itself sees it that way."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's amazing you loozers still take for Obumma. The guy's

Nov 14, 2014, 10:42 PM

a %%%%%% re$$$$$ idiot. Hitch your ride to him...go ahead. Get your G&dd$mn goatcheese out and suck on it. There's a reason America thinks yer idjets....

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: it's amazing you loozers still take for Obumma. The guy's

Nov 15, 2014, 12:29 AM

time after time crass

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2014, 3:06 PM [ in reply to it's amazing you loozers still take for Obumma. The guy's ]

I don't care who's on what side on this one and don't know as much as I should...but whatever keeps the Internet out of the hands of large corporations and keeps it a free and open architecture is where I fall on this.

Nov 16, 2014, 3:19 PM [ in reply to it's amazing you loozers still take for Obumma. The guy's ]

What an amazing and intellectual discourse by an eminent grad. of a school for wayward girls in the Holy City. Sweet Jesus, did I post a whooper for such a crass nerd?

Why impose a de-facto 'tax' where the money could go to

Nov 15, 2014, 6:08 AM

investment to keep performance on pace with the needs when we can let the FCC impose a real tax at 16.1%. Then the FCC can spend the money on some feel good sounding project that really only props up some government bureaucrats at 80% overhead.

All under the guise that with the existing regulations the FCC and the federal government has absolutely no power to keep these companies from colluding on pay bandwidth type service. Because if we let the market work and gave the customer the choice, we definitely wouldn't have a better product for a lower price. I know this because I am sticking with my AT&T long distance no matter what MCI and Sprint offer me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic