Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Turns out, Dabo is pretty good at this head coaching thing.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,729

Turns out, Dabo is pretty good at this head coaching thing.

Nov 22, 2015, 11:02 AM

No doubt many of us had our doubts when the wide receivers coach was named the interim head coach at Clemson. I am sure once again in 2010, with a 6 - 7 record, that many had their confidence shaken. As fans we have had to face our own doubts while listening to all other naysayers. Yeah we've heard the jeers; he's a cheerleader coach, he's not an x's and o's guy, he should say less during post game interviews. Some have questioned if he disciplines his players too harshly (some not enough). Some question his decision to play the backups when he does.

Heck, here on Tnet there was a poster, who claimed to at one time be a part of Clemson's football program and sit in on football meetings. He refused to give Dabo any credit. It was all thanks to the coordinators he had hired we were told. Nobody respected his football opinions in those meetings we were told. Funny thing is, while we all sit around happier than a pig in mud, that poster is nowhere to be found. Not a word to be said... Why?

Because there is no denying the truth now. Dabo is a great head coach. There may be guys who have proven to be better x's and o's guys, but consider what Dabo is great at. We all know he is a great leader. He has proven to be one of the best recruiters in the country, regardless of his coaching position. He makes great decisions when it comes to hiring coaches. He helps develop good young athletes into good young men. Plain and simple, Dabo has every thing it takes to build and run a great program. What more could you ask for in a head coach?

So any who wish to question Dabo and his decisions, just look at his success. Now, take a look around college football at other coaches who also make decisions as head coaches. How many of them will be looking for a job at the end of the season? How many other football teams would like to have a coach like Coach Swinney?

It's good to be a Clemson Tiger and Dabo deserves a ton of credit. I doubted the hire when it happened and he has proven me wrong. I haven't doubted Dabo in years. Maybe many others will stop doubting him now as well.
GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Turns out, Dabo is pretty good at this head coaching thing.

Nov 22, 2015, 11:08 AM

Either be ALL IN....

Or get out!!

Dabo is the man!

Go Tigers!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Turns out, Dabo is pretty good at this head coaching thing.

Nov 22, 2015, 11:09 AM

Good post+1. Question not just for you but all the people who say that he's not a great X & O's coach? What is that based on? Every time I hear that I just smh....

Only because I haven't seen it applied.

Nov 22, 2015, 11:48 AM

He never was a coordinator, so we were never able to see him develop an offensive scheme. I know he said he had a vision for the offensive scheme he wanted to have at Clemson and that is why he hired Morris. Dabo has proven he is confident in his hires. He allowed Morris to install his offense but we all know that the head coach makes the important decisions when it matters. Some head coaches had the opportunity to display their "x's and o's" knowledge while coaching as coordinators, before becoming head coaches. I believe Dabo has a great football mind. I know he knows football. I just haven't seen him have to display his game planning and play calling skills. I don't doubt him. I just haven't seen him have to use it.
I can't speak for everyone but that is why I said that others have proven themselves to be x's and o's guys.

Re: Only because I haven't seen it applied.

Nov 22, 2015, 2:04 PM

Good answer! That makes sense. Thank you for helping me understand your point of view! I think many folks just repeat that because they have heard of hers say it!
I totally agree that he has a great football mind! I have always looked at the résumé' of great coaches he's worked with and played for. You can't be a part of the programs Dabo's has been part of and not have a pretty good understanding of X and O's.
I'm thankful to have him leading our program! It is a great time to be a Tiger!

Re: Only because I haven't seen it applied.

Nov 22, 2015, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Only because I haven't seen it applied. ]

I guess Terry Don said let me pick the guy who does not know football to be our coach. That is a crazy way to think and only people who had other reasons to pull against him thought that way.
Dabo said over and over that the offense was not a Morris offense but a Clemson offense. Well it was not a Clemson offense when Bowden was coach so Dabo found a guy to run his Offense now that Morris is gone it works even better! I assume most people say these things about Dabo based on his personality or his Christianity but most would not admit it!!

It is based on the incorrect assumption that because Dabo

Nov 22, 2015, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Turns out, Dabo is pretty good at this head coaching thing. ]

has such a strong, energetic personality and hires great coordinators, that somehow he must not be a good x and o guy as well. It doesn't follow.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Dabo IS a great head coach.

Nov 22, 2015, 11:42 AM

Period.

Qualifiers and further analysis are unnecessary and irrelevant.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Very few doubters among true Clemson people...

Nov 22, 2015, 11:51 AM

...for several YEARS now. He turned that corner with the bowl win over LSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A lot of head coaches make decisions that are good for themselves

Nov 22, 2015, 2:07 PM

Swinney makes decisions that are best for Clemson and the young men that play for Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Seems like the doubts got stronger with every loss

Nov 22, 2015, 2:08 PM

to the Gamecocks. Funny how winning one, and winning every game since changes opinions.

Hire Dabo! (joke on fire comments...)

I'm sure their success against us didn't help.

Nov 22, 2015, 2:23 PM

But Dabo was really changing things during that time. He got rid of Clemson***. He instilled the idea that the next game is the most important. He was steadily building a program. Unfortunately many fans, couldn't see the forest for the trees. While it was enjoyable beating the coots last season, knowing Dabo had set a foundation for years to come, was even more enjoyable.

On ESPN, he has been referred to as "the greatest interim

Nov 22, 2015, 2:53 PM

coach in college football history."

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,729
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic