Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Turning Point?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,461

Turning Point?

Aug 7, 2019, 3:22 PM

I know many have said many things about what the turning point was for Clemson football. I don't know that it can be narrowed down to one thing or game, but maybe a few key moments. I think this was one of them. Coming off of yet another loss to the chickens, Dabo gave the most thorough, lethal, and killer verbal lashing that has ever been dished out from Death Valley. At that moment, when we were all down from yet another in-state loss, he made us all proud. He reminded us who Clemson was, who the chickens weren't, and most importantly, he showed all the players, and fans as well, that he had their backs and that he wasn't just a staff member, but he was THE coach of THE Clemson University Tigers. He wasn't going to be complacent or content and just say "Never again" or "We'll get 'em next year." He tore - them - up and put them in their place and reminded us of what our place is and can be. I'll never forget the first time I watched this, with a chicken co-worker nearby, and how happy it made me. It was like watching the game-winning touchdown being scored.

This may not have been THE turning point, but I think it was certainly A turning point that helped get us where we are today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwxxaFvYTXY

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Turning Point?

Aug 7, 2019, 3:28 PM

I think the turning point was when Dabo thumbed the beliefs of CTB who often said we can't recruit 5* players from other states and especially not from Florida.

What did Dabo do? He went to Florida and got CJ Spiller the 5* RB from Florida to add to a sophmore RB James Davis that CTB also thought we had no opportunity to sign. CTB was holding our recruiting back when Dabo saw the big picture which thankfully TDP was smart enough to all Dabo impose his coaching views on "Little ole Clemson"!

Aug 7, 2019, 4:18 PM

To me there are two clear turning points. One is when
we lost to South Florida in the bowl game (which I attended)
leading to the offensive co-ordinator being let go and Chad
Morriss coming in. The other was the Orange Bowl loss which lead
to bringing in BV as defensive coordinator. Success in recruiting and
win loss record followed.

Aug 7, 2019, 4:31 PM

To me it was all of 2015, the year that we stepped into top tier territory. We won huge games that would've typically ended in disappointment (ND, FSU, at NCST, OU) and showed that we could stand toe to toe with Bama, who was the "gold standard" at the time. FFwd 4 years later, we have 2 rings to our resumé and even top recruits in Cali want to see what Clemson is all about.

Aug 7, 2019, 4:38 PM

Not sure turning point is an accurate application to this video, but what it did show us as fans was an insight to Dabo's competitive spirit and that Dabo was not a complacent coach at all. As you alluded to he flat got Trumpy with the truth on the situation of the in state "rival"

A Tiger friend of mine liked it but said something like he better back it up or he will be gone even Tommy Bowden beat SC. So here we are some 4 playoffs later with two rings and a 5-0 record in the last five years against SC.

So now we see what Dabo knew. He also knew as someone mentioned that we could go recruit with anyone if we wanted to. So when he was blasting his rant in this video he was thinking about the guys we had committed and on the hook...

The best is yet to come.....

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,461
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic