Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Obed life truism #267
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Obed life truism #267

Jul 6, 2020, 9:41 AM

If you buy a decent $40 set of Rubbermaid plastic food containers and neatly organize them in a kitchen cabinet, in 6 months that same cabinet will contain two lids, a cheap ziploc disposable container, and two Empty cool-whip Tubs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL just LOL at cool-whip tubs...

Jul 6, 2020, 9:54 AM

my grandmother would just love you.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're doing it wrong

Jul 6, 2020, 9:57 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See, that’s the beginning of the story

Jul 6, 2020, 9:58 AM

And if I had no kids, friends, or family, that’s how it would also look after 6 months.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well i nevah!!!!

Jul 6, 2020, 9:59 AM

Seriously, why do you let your kids and friends arrange your cupboards?

Naw dawg, wasn’t a jab at you, I’m just

Jul 6, 2020, 10:01 AM

Saying that’s the only way I can understand the mass migration of above average food containers out of my cupboards.

No offense taken, I know what you meant

Jul 6, 2020, 10:10 AM

I will hunt a effer down for a borrowed tupperware container. its the principle of the thing

OH LOOK, SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING OBED DISAGREES WITH AND HE

Jul 6, 2020, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Naw dawg, wasn’t a jab at you, I’m just ]

IMMEDIATELY GETS ON THE DEFENSIVE AND TRIES TO PUT SOMEONE ELSE DOWN WHILE DEFENDING HIMSELF. MAYBE YOUR TUPPERWARE DRAWER IS NOT TYPICAL OF ALL TUPPERWARE DRAWERS, OBED. HAVE YOU THOUGHT THAT MAYBE YOU JUST AREN'T AS COOL AS YOU THINK YOU ARE AND SOME OF YOUR STORIES ARE STUPID AND IRRELEVANT AND SOME OF US DON'T WANT TO READ YOUR INCOMPREHENSIBLE DRIVEL HERE ON THE JOUNGE AT TIGER NET DOT COM?

Did I do that right?

Also, AMEN on the tupperware drawer. I could buy new stuff every other month and I sweater god we would always be looking for a top that fits.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OH LOOK, SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING OBED DISAGREES WITH AND HE

Jul 6, 2020, 10:58 AM

Greenr said:

we would always be looking for a top that fits.

Story of TXtigerfan's life

lololololololol***

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

to hellll with one that fits tight

Jul 6, 2020, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: OH LOOK, SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING OBED DISAGREES WITH AND HE ]

I want one that makes the burp noise when you open it up.

Am i rite?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

This entire discussion screams of poors that have to keep

Jul 6, 2020, 6:02 PM [ in reply to OH LOOK, SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING OBED DISAGREES WITH AND HE ]

leftovers to save money like they can't be bothered to feed the help out of the kindness of their hearts.

tossed that one up for you

Jul 6, 2020, 6:13 PM

and you still swing and miss

Is no one going to call me out

Jul 6, 2020, 11:01 AM [ in reply to You're doing it wrong ]

on the tabs not being in the same direction on the bottom 4 small lids?

BRB, gotta go extinguish the fire of the brain that is OCD.

I’ll trade you a bottom for a top

Jul 6, 2020, 10:05 AM

Wat?

And we’ll both at least have one complete container

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

You can send my kids back now.

Jul 6, 2020, 10:06 AM

Their work is done at your place.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My apology, Tiggity

Jul 6, 2020, 10:16 AM

I wrecked your point total with a TU...it was 63 2 17 before my gratuitous action. I sorry.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"when to i get my turn" -CS02***

Jul 6, 2020, 10:30 PM [ in reply to You can send my kids back now. ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

look at me! I'm a tupperware expert!!!***

Jul 6, 2020, 10:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May I answer something for you?

Jul 6, 2020, 10:20 AM

I’ve been told I know it all on this topic. If you have no questions, do you care to engage in a urination contest?

Oh it is the worst the second that a container that goes in

Jul 6, 2020, 10:22 AM

back is the only one that needed washed. Get in a hurry and just toss it in the cabinet and then the anarchy starts

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The repurposed containers are for freezing leftovers that

Jul 6, 2020, 10:23 AM

will get eaten within a week or two or things with sauces that stain, like spaghetti. One additional usage past what came from the grocery store and then out they go because they eventually break with freezer use. The good Tupper/Rubber containers are for long-term freezer storage. We have mastered the art of cooking for two without leftovers, and the rare occasion it happens, it's usually a single lunch the next day.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We try to move in an opposite direction where

Jul 6, 2020, 10:27 AM

we can have leftovers for a day or even two. Helps to keep from going on when we don't feel like doing anything come Wednesday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can eat leftovers every day of the week.

Jul 6, 2020, 10:31 AM

The Mrs. on th eother hand, will leave me to clean out the fridge and go eat something else rather than eating leftovers. I can't stand anything going to waste, so I cook for two.

Same here. I could make a pot of chili and eat on it for

as long as it takes to finish it. The lady in my life wants "variety" and something bigger and not the same thing every night. I think she it trying to tell me something, I guess I need to shop better at the grocery store.

With chili, I freeze leftovers in 'meal for two' increments

Jul 6, 2020, 12:27 PM

IN THE VAST STORES OF COOL WHIP TUBS THAT I SAVE UNDER IN THE CABINET.

I would think

Jul 6, 2020, 5:48 AM

having no legs would mean keeping things down low, not up in cabinets. You got a nice grabber?

true. And it seems counter-intuitive, but the answer is to

Jul 6, 2020, 11:27 AM

buy just a few of every different brand of storage containers, and only one or two of any size from each brand. The frustration of trying to find a matching lid will eventually lead to never wanting to save leftovers at all. Your complete assortment of mish-mashed containers will be preserved just as you created it, safely in your drawer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just curious.....

Jul 6, 2020, 11:30 AM

What was #266?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Glad to repost...

Jul 6, 2020, 11:32 AM

If you pull up to one of the newer “split” drive thru lines with an equal number of cars in each, you have a 97.8% chance of choosing the line with the person in front of you who is ordering for 12 people and requesting to pay separately for each one.

^^^^Troof***

Jul 6, 2020, 12:17 PM

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Tupperware worked the same way.

Jul 6, 2020, 11:38 AM

In a few months there's be an orange peeler, the lid to a lettuce crisper and six other lids which didn't fit the four bowls left.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just buy all the same size of the Rubbermaid takealongs

Jul 6, 2020, 12:04 PM

and re-buy them about every six months.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic