Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tuesday's audio and videos with Clemson players and coaches
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 964

Oct 19, 2010, 2:28 PM

Listen and watch interviews with Kevin Steele, Billy Napier, DeAndre McDaniel, Kyle parker and more. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

KPs comments???

Oct 19, 2010, 4:44 PM

So, the reason the yards were low for the game is because half way through the 3rd quarter, they changed mindsets from putting points on the board, to how do we get out of this with a win????

Who on this board is NOT bothered by that?

I understand not wanting to run up the score on an outmatched opponent, but a conference game where there hasn't been hardly any offensive production recently, to back off seems ridiculous. So the question is, does this come from the top or is this just KPs attitude at that point in the game?

Dabo admitted playcalling got conservative after our 3rd qtr

Oct 19, 2010, 5:07 PM

TD.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KPs comments???

Oct 19, 2010, 6:59 PM [ in reply to KPs comments??? ]

Dabo admitted they called the rest of the game pretty safe. But I don't have a problem with that type of mentality. When you have a lead in the second half you need to be able to run the ball and call a game that will burn clock...which tends to be a more conservative play calling approach.

The bottom line is we won. We had a wide open game plan against Auburn...probably Napier's best game to date for calling plays...yet we still lost.

And I think our biggest problem is no one can catch the ### ball. Sure, not all the passes have been accurate. Especially the crossing routes. But if the ball hits your hands you should catch it!!! I am tired of watching our opponents receivers make one handed catches in traffic while taking a hit for big first downs and/or touchdowns. Our receivers need to step up and make some plays.

Replies: 3
| visibility 964
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic