»
Topic: Tucker Israel from Lake Nona in FL
Replies: 10   Last Post: Sep 11, 2014 9:56 PM by: courtneyb78®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 10  

Tucker Israel from Lake Nona in FL

[6]
Posted: Sep 11, 2014 5:11 PM

Nice mention of Tucker in today's Orlando Sentinel. It says he is a Clemson signee and is expected to break one of FL career passing records this weekend as he needs just 3 completions to surpass a standard of 706 set by a former Jacksonville player. He is also 332 yards short of the same persons yardage record of 10,621. It went on to say he averages 21 completions and 303 yards per game over 4 years with 117 passing touchdowns. Always nice to read about one of our signees!

just hope he stays healthy and gets

Posted: Sep 11, 2014 5:15 PM

some meat on them bones!

why good QB come behind great ones and wait

Posted: Sep 11, 2014 5:29 PM

This post is more of a general question about QBs and not particular to Tucker.

QB is a position that I know requires lots of experience to get better at and that comes better with practice. So a guy like Israel can go anywhere, and so why he wants to be potentially behind DW for 3 years?

Look at the QB in the NFL and how many of them came from smaller schools and not the big names! I am NOT sure but MY GUESS is that more QBs came from smaller schools than big schools where they had a chance to play in the system many years. I could be mistaken though.

I hope tucker thinks that he is coming to Clemson because he can compete with DW and then for sure we will have another QB controversy next year as well...

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Re: why good QB come behind great ones and wait

Posted: Sep 11, 2014 5:38 PM

Since this post is general, if a kid wants to go to a top program he is going to have to compete with other top talent, and can't just assume playing time. Things also can change so quickly; an injury or dismissal (CK) and their place on the depth chart changes instantly.

military_donation.jpg

Right now OSU wishes they had a QB

Posted: Sep 11, 2014 5:57 PM

of the caliber of Tucker Israel. And Stoudt is a great example of patiience paying off. Not only do good QBs get their shot to compete and start, but they often get opportunities when they least expect it.

Re: Right now OSU wishes they had a QB

[1]
Posted: Sep 11, 2014 6:07 PM

It's also difficult to predict how things will unfold a couple years down the road. If DW plays this year and next and Israel redshirts next season, he would be a redshirt freshman back DW's junior season. DW would be eligible for the NFL draft the next year, leaving Israel as a RS Sophomore with two years in the system and 2 or 3 spring practices under his belt depending on when he graduates.

Tajh Boyd redshirted and played back up as a RS freshman, then broke every record we had. If I'm Israel, that sounds pretty good to me.

Posted: Sep 11, 2014 6:42 PM

Nice problem to have.

Posted: Sep 11, 2014 8:05 PM

You only need a year or two to launch yourself into the NFL. At Clemson the wide receivers will do half of the work for you.

If he sits behind DW for 3 years, he could redshirt next

[1]
Posted: Sep 11, 2014 8:07 PM

year and have 2 years to play, more than enough to impress scouts if he has NFL talent and he would be experienced when he took over.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

When I think about all of the great.........

[1]
Posted: Sep 11, 2014 7:20 PM

high school quarterbacks that have come from the State of Florida, these accomplishments are very, very impressive. We are extremely fortunate to keep getting talent like Tucker.

To answer your question

Posted: Sep 11, 2014 9:56 PM

As of today, 25 of the 32 NFL starting QB are from power 5 schools.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_starting_quarterbacks

It just so happens that two of the seven non power five school QBs are facing off tonight.

military_donation.jpg

Replies: 10  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
2197 people have read this post