Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Tagovailoa picked over Lawrence in Top 50 rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 67
| visibility 1

TNET: Tagovailoa picked over Lawrence in Top 50 rankings

Feb 13, 2019, 11:30 AM

Tagovailoa picked over Lawrence in Top 50 rankings

Clemson will have several high-profile players selected in the upcoming 2019 NFL Draft. However, that doesn't mean the cupboard was left bare as the team is sti Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Tagovailoa picked over Lawrence in Top 50 rankings

Feb 13, 2019, 11:34 AM

In fairness to Athlon, sometimes Trevor does throw incompletions.

Tua either completes it to his team or to the other team but the ball never hits the ground.

I can see how that could confuse the good folks at Athlon.

Feb 13, 2019, 2:08 PM

Seriously who cares what the media says! Look at the beginning of each year and then the end for the top six rankings, they are just giving it a guess based on limited knowledge! Do we think for a split second TL cares what they say, or Dabo, or Streeter, or our OC’s not a flipping chance!!!! It’s put out so people will BUY it, period!!! When’s the last time Michigan or Wisconsin finished in the top five! Flush this crap, our guy is strong as hell, FINISHED!!!!! Go Tigers!!!

Feb 13, 2019, 2:38 PM

Absolutely. They have to sell magazines or online subscriptions.

Feb 13, 2019, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tagovailoa picked over Lawrence in Top 50 rankings ]

Who cares where they pick TL. The proof is in the pudding. TL, welcome to the
ROY crowd and keep on doing your thing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2019, 6:12 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tagovailoa picked over Lawrence in Top 50 rankings ]

They picked Alabama as #1 last year in the polls too. See how that turned out.

Feb 13, 2019, 11:36 AM

The more things change ...the more the incessant overhype and fawning over Bama remains the same.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When do WE Stop Listening to these Unprofessional Jerks?!?!

Feb 13, 2019, 11:41 AM

Geez..TL goes out & shines and wins the Natty as a True Freshman and Tua is ranked over him.

WoW!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2019, 11:40 AM

How big will the bulletin board be this year?

I love it

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama's gotta win at something, I guess.***

Feb 13, 2019, 11:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bama's gotta win at something, I guess.***

Feb 13, 2019, 12:52 PM

The only thing Bama won on January 7 was the coin toss.

Feb 13, 2019, 2:40 PM

Which gave them the immediate advantage and Clemson still kicked the pachydermy puss out of them.

Feb 13, 2019, 5:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Bama's gotta win at something, I guess.*** ]

Time of possession and turnovers.... Also lead in sacks given up, and don't forget leads big time in excuses......... So please think before you speak!

Don't forget minnows!***

Feb 13, 2019, 10:56 PM [ in reply to Bama's gotta win at something, I guess.*** ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was unpredictable.

Feb 13, 2019, 11:41 AM

How is it we all expected the sports media to rank anything and everything Alabama first after 44-16?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SMH***

Feb 13, 2019, 11:44 AM

Feb 13, 2019, 11:45 AM

Let the disrespect continue. Between this, Bama's postgame comments (excuses), ridiculous talking heads chalking that loss up to an "off-game" or a symptom of season fatigue, we have bulletin board material in a season as the likely #1 ranked team coming off a dominating season and national championship. ROY bus continues boys and girls. Keep the disrespect coming if you ask me!

Feb 13, 2019, 2:44 PM

I agree. All of this dissing will just give Tiger players the emotional juice needed to go out and maul every opponent in sight.

Feb 13, 2019, 11:45 AM

“With a strong supporting cast in place at receiver and a full offseason to work as the starter, Lawrence is primed for even bigger things in 2019."

Bigger things? As in, the Heisman? He won the NC already, I think.

Feb 13, 2019, 2:45 PM

He'll make it two plus one next year!

Feb 13, 2019, 11:47 AM

Come on, the only reason Tagovailoa was picked over Trevor is Trevor doesn't have "SEC" speed!

Feb 13, 2019, 11:51 AM

I thought it was because Tau plays in the lowly SEC so his games will be easier in 2019!!!!

Utterly ridiculous BS!***

Feb 13, 2019, 11:48 AM

Pic taken of Lawrence when he got that news?*

Feb 13, 2019, 11:48 AM

Nm

Why bother?

Feb 13, 2019, 11:52 AM

Any ranking with TL #2 behind Tua is completely irrelevent.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why bother?

Feb 13, 2019, 11:59 AM

This.....

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tua's transferring?

Feb 13, 2019, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Why bother? ]

The last QB ranked #1 over Trevor did. ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2019, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Why bother? ]

Honestly I think fair...of course TL had better Playoff games, but as far as the regular season went Tua was other worldly good...and I say this with 0 disrespect to Deshaun Watson or Kyler Murray but tua had the greatest qb season in the history of college football. I think Trevor makes strides this year but as of right now Tua has to be the bar for a college qb. Even if we have the better team

Feb 13, 2019, 4:21 PM

Tua was hyped all season long... over hyped really. His performance against Georgia and Clemson both show he isn't really a play maker under pressure.

Note that he spent less time on the field after halftime during the season than any other starting QB. This is because he is a good 2 quarter QB against weak pass defense teams. If you look against any serious pass defense teams he is at best average. Georgia, Oklahoma, and Clemson were not shaking in their cleats because Tua was on the field.

By comparison Trevor was more highly tested as a QB the entire season whether he started or not because he faced far more diverse defenses.

Go back and look at the press hype on Tua vs Trevor and it's clear who the media darling was all year long.

Feb 13, 2019, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Why bother? ]

Honestly I think fair...of course TL had better Playoff games, but as far as the regular season went Tua was other worldly good...and I say this with 0 disrespect to Deshaun Watson or Kyler Murray but tua had the greatest qb season in the history of college football. I think Trevor makes strides this year but as of right now Tua has to be the bar for a college qb. Even if we have the better team

Must have been the "Alabama Factor" that influenced the vote***

Feb 13, 2019, 11:55 AM

Feb 13, 2019, 12:03 PM

Athlon has always been terrible. Who cares about what they think?

Feb 13, 2019, 12:07 PM

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! That's funny!

Yawn. They won't be the only ones to rate Tua higher***

Feb 13, 2019, 12:12 PM

Feb 13, 2019, 12:16 PM

Coach Swinney has to be paying all these people to keep giving him the ammunition.

Whats crazy is...i was thinking back to TL's season last yr

Feb 13, 2019, 12:18 PM

...i can't remember him making hardly any mistakes. You always hear about the "freshman moment" and i was expecting it every week but...did he have one? The picks he threw were usually tipped balls weren't they? Its kinda incredible. Good job by him and good job by our offensive coaches for putting him in advantageous situations.

Feb 13, 2019, 12:18 PM

though I disagree, I can somewhat understand Tua over TL. What I don't understand is Tee/Justyn at #21 - unbelievable!

If we just had a chance to play Alabama, head-to-head,

Feb 13, 2019, 12:21 PM

and show that we are on their level, then people would wake up and we could put a stop to this nonsense.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Bama QB +receivers better than Clemson QB + receivers

Feb 13, 2019, 12:24 PM

Perhaps the Athlon ranking of returning college players was compiled after the regular season and did not include the CFP. Perhaps the Athlon Staff is blind and deaf. Maybe when Bama players are not mentally fatigued, 'want to be there' and have the 'Alabama Factor' with them they play much much better than they played when competing with the Clemson players?

I dunno, but I'm happy. It is a good thing the Tigers left so much room for doubt. Maybe we'll want it more in 2019.

It's still crazy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe next time, we run up the score at the end instead

Feb 13, 2019, 12:48 PM

taking a knee.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Maybe next time, we run up the score at the end instead

Feb 13, 2019, 1:50 PM

They would have ran up the score, we could have scored two more times if we needed to.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Feb 13, 2019, 12:28 PM

This is one of my favorite moments of the game; when Tua is so confident in his skill and judgment that he starts celebrating the touchdown right as Mullen in making the interception.

Feb 13, 2019, 12:33 PM

What a bunch of BS.....not worth the paper it is written on........ Go Tigers!!!!!!

Athlon has to satisfy advertisers. If they told the truth,

Feb 13, 2019, 12:42 PM

which is that Clemson has the best QB, RB, and WRs in the nation and it's not even close, they would have fewer clicks and sell fewer mags, which would in turn hurt them with ad sales.

Follow the money.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tua throws less 50/50 balls even when getting beat by 4 TDs

Feb 13, 2019, 12:52 PM

So there's that.

Don't care;

Feb 13, 2019, 12:58 PM

National Championship win with a four TD margin and a lot of chaffed Alabama fans that have to make excuses for their butt-kicking. Reminds me of the coots, "Oh, we are good! We only lost by 21 to Clemson! We're cycling in!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Yawn... would I rather WIN an national championship or

Feb 13, 2019, 1:13 PM

have everyone tell me how great I am... Let me think... I'll take the national championship

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

So Tagovailoa picked again! That’s 3 times in recent history***

Feb 13, 2019, 1:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: So Tagovailoa picked again! That’s 3 times in recent history***

Feb 13, 2019, 1:57 PM

I see what you did there, if he continues to flick those balls up against us he will add a few more...lol ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Athlon has always been kinda crappy....

Feb 13, 2019, 2:16 PM

This year they can blame it on "minnow ellers", as Quentin Williams would say....

Does not matter one bit, just adding fuel to the fire for next season!

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2019, 2:18 PM

It’s ignorant publications and articles like this that can motivate the team, so that’s the silver lining. As far as what counts, steer to the Vegas odds and discount for large Bama and Ohio St betting sectors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2019, 2:56 PM

Just a few more chips for the Tiger's shoulders. Let the Bama and SEC accolades continue! GO Tigers!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPN is actually starting to turn a little orange

Feb 13, 2019, 3:15 PM

It's Athlon that refuses to get off the derailed, burning Bama hype train. First they put Bama #1 over us in the way too early rankings for next year, now this?

Our offense is better than their defense. Our defense is better than their offense. Our special teams is better than their special teams. Our coaching is WAY better than their coaching. Our players are simply better than their players.

Hey! Y’all wanna hear a joke?...

Feb 13, 2019, 3:20 PM

What’s the best punch line in college football?

Bammer, Tua and Athlon. LOL, now that’s some funny S#*! right there fellers! I don’t care who ya are!
44-16 LMAO
15-0 LMAO
GO TIGERS!!!

Feb 13, 2019, 3:27 PM

I'm not surprised but on the other hand I could care less. Just like the "way too early polls" this is just more fodder to fill the off season gap. GO TIGERS! ????

Feb 13, 2019, 4:24 PM

You mean *couldn’t care less ???????

Feb 13, 2019, 4:49 PM

He actually used the subjunctive mood... "I could care less (but I don't)."

Feb 13, 2019, 6:25 PM

Good!!! Something to pi$$ TL off!!!!

Feb 13, 2019, 7:16 PM

Nothing to do with Trevor, but Dabo should have told Brice to put 6 and gone for 2... The only way to destroy this ALABAMA!!!!! culture is to burn them each and every time you play an SEC! SEC! SEC! team...Was it Ricky Bobby who said .."If you ain't first...You're last"...

Message was edited by: Mogambu®

Feb 13, 2019, 7:27 PM

Ask the NFL who they would choose first.

Feb 13, 2019, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tagovailoa picked over Lawrence in Top 50 rankings ]

Agree! I yelled the entire game, "Don't take your foot off the gas!"

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Feb 13, 2019, 10:15 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tagovailoa picked over Lawrence in Top 50 rankings ]

When you’re second.... you’re the first to lose

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Feb 13, 2019, 7:28 PM

Athlon Sports bills themselves as experts, but this pick definitely proves otherwise. It should be a very interesting season!

It must be the Alabama factor

Feb 13, 2019, 7:33 PM

gives every player on their team unreasonable expectations.

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

I'm pretty sure there

Feb 13, 2019, 8:04 PM

Are 32 NFL teams, ALL of whom would take TL if it was their turn to pick. How will it be in two years...who knows. But, in the moment...no contest.

Write This Down Tua Will Not Be Anywhere Near The NFL QB

Feb 13, 2019, 8:30 PM

Trevor is. Only idiots or people living in Columbia could think otherwise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2019, 9:35 PM

Hahahahaha! Athlon continues to amaze me how much they suck! I actually used to buy their magazine. Have not in a while and this is why.

Watching that ETN video, I'm noticing a trend

Feb 15, 2019, 11:37 AM

Tee Higgins layin the wood way downfield on those long runs!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 67
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic