Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
T's and P's please
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 773

T's and P's please

Oct 12, 2018, 10:02 AM

We went through the night and morning without power. We are down to our last scraps of Boars Head Blazin Buffalo, 2% organic and GMO free milk, Texas Pete and Peach and Pear La Croix. These are all being preserved in our Yeti, but our supply will shortly run out. Then we will have to scrap in the pantry for canned soup, ravioli and bagged rice.

The warm shower this morning was a brief reprieve from our current condition of disconnect. I burned through three battery chargers and a MacBook Pro charging my phone last evening so I could keep up to date with the dankest memes. We were forced to eat Moes by a camp light that has only been used twice before.

The most unbearable part of this all was trying to get a good nights rest without air conditioning. One does not understand uncomfortable until they go one night trying to sleep in light to moderately heavy rain with humidity. My dog would not even lay in bed with us.

Trying to get to work this morning involved a detour that added 10 minutes to my trip. Rather than being just 20 minutes late to work, I was 30 minutes late and absolutely no one noticed me. But thats normal.

We will prevail, but these are hard times.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

I always like to look at these situations as more of a guide

Oct 12, 2018, 10:05 AM

to who will survive in the apocalypse, and who will be easily raided for their meager stash of supplies.

THANKS FOR POSTING!!!

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You got it.

Oct 12, 2018, 10:05 AM

I hope the batteries in your Range Rover and Lexus were OK.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

One word. Generator. Well two words. Generator. Gas.

Oct 12, 2018, 10:07 AM

We can keep both fridge and freezer running, a room cool with a window AC, and internet (if available) and TV and media server for the kids. All on 3100 watts. 20 gallons gives us 60 hours of juice. Then have 2 LP gas tanks that can give another 15 hours if needed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I appreciate your words of encouragement

Oct 12, 2018, 10:09 AM

You missed the sarcasm font of the post.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My bad. I thought that was the

Oct 12, 2018, 10:14 AM

whinny little ##### font. Or wife font. They're interchangeable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah just the sarcasm font, tipped off by all of the LDR

Oct 12, 2018, 10:19 AM

items posted in the rant.

What's your shower mounted suction ##### running on?

Oct 12, 2018, 10:21 AM

Gas?

Solar?

Hand Crank?

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What an absolutely idiotic question

Oct 12, 2018, 10:23 AM

Its 2018. Solar.

Praying for you.***

Oct 12, 2018, 10:34 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what you get for living

Oct 12, 2018, 10:31 AM

in the shittier carolina

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

You remind me of the kid I work with that went to ECU

Oct 12, 2018, 10:34 AM

You just keep swinging and swinging and swinging and you always miss. Every single time. Because you just don'gt get it. You kill every single conversation with your attempt at being funny.

We all feel bad for you, we do. Never stop swinging.

Gladly will kill the convo with you.***

Oct 12, 2018, 10:36 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

you see

Oct 12, 2018, 10:35 AM

if you had a blackstone griddle and a big green egg, you'd be cooking like a boss with no power.

anything and everything you want, gourmet AF

start eating all of that good stuff you've been stashing in the freezer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what are y'all camping during the week? Who does that???

Oct 12, 2018, 10:49 AM

You millennials confuse me. Did you not see the weather forecast?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pro Tip:

Oct 12, 2018, 11:03 AM

Cold shower works wonders before going to bed with no AC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

something ain't addin up there, no power yet warm shower***

Oct 12, 2018, 11:07 AM

Gas water heater

Oct 12, 2018, 11:08 AM

Im no poor.

Purdy sure gas needs electricity still.

Oct 12, 2018, 11:26 AM

We have a gas tankless water heater. Power goes out it doesn't work because it needs electricity to light the gas.

the old skool regular ones don't have that problem

Oct 12, 2018, 11:29 AM

not sure what rulz has tho

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean you're 100% wrong here

Oct 12, 2018, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Purdy sure gas needs electricity still. ]

But keep fighting the good fight. My water heater does not require electricity.

He is correct here. Neither does mine, however

Oct 12, 2018, 11:37 AM

the hot water circulator does, otherwise I'll wait for my hot water like a poor.

Ill let you two dudes go bang it out in the utility closet

Oct 12, 2018, 11:54 AM

to stay warm from the working hot water heater while Im bangin my wife in the shower.

Re: I mean you're 100% wrong here

Oct 12, 2018, 11:50 AM [ in reply to I mean you're 100% wrong here ]

I THINK YOU ARE LYING ABOUT HOT WATER! I AM GOING TO POST 100 TIMES TRYING TO DEBUNK THAT YOU HAVE HOT WATER!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This a correct statement.

Oct 12, 2018, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Purdy sure gas needs electricity still. ]

Imagine my surprise the first time we lost power and I said "doesn't matter..I'll still have hot water because I have a gas powered tankless heater."

Nope.

This may be a new thing for tankless heaters, but since the thermostat IS run off of electricity, and even if the pilot stays on (it does), the water doesn't get heated.

Of course, if you still have one of the UDP boiler looking hot water makers that just sits and randomly keeps water hot all day, everyday, if the power goes out for a bit you probably still will have warm water. That is, at least until whatever water is in the tank of filth that it sits in finally cools off.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Being wrong gets you spicy

Oct 12, 2018, 12:03 PM

Keep lying to yourself tho.

I think I smell.....

Oct 12, 2018, 12:05 PM

Huh? No, typically gas conventional tank water heaters

Oct 12, 2018, 12:09 PM

do not need electricity to operate. Some have an electric pilot light start; however, if the pilot light doesn't go out it will continue to operate without electricity.

Gas tankless water heaters however, need electricity for their controls. I wonder if a sizable UPS could be provided on them though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Would be nice. I can't imagine it takes to much juice to

Oct 12, 2018, 12:33 PM

make a spark. Our gas logs have a wall switch. I freaked out once in an ice storm when the power went out because I thought the switch wouldn't work for the logs. It did. Just the energy needed to flip the switch can be used to create the spark to light the gas logs. Never knew that. It's not tied to the electrical system at all. So I would guess something similar to light the gas in a tankless heater would use very little electricity.

A switch on the unit with a male plug would be awesome. Plug it into a generator and instant hot water.

Tankless units have controls in them for temperature

Oct 12, 2018, 12:43 PM

monitoring, safety, set points, scheduling, etc. One would think it could potentially run off a battery like a thermostat for a short amount of time, but I guess the usage is too high.

What you described for your gas fireplace is a piezo starter, it's a strong electric shock basically, gives you a little stun if you mess with it! My conventional tank water heater has a piezo starter for reigniting the pilot light if it out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I'm neither wrong, nor spicy.

Oct 12, 2018, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Being wrong gets you spicy ]

I'm just relaying the truth.

I think on the much older tankless water heaters, they used a thermocouple as the thermostat. So if it is an older tankless heater, your water heater may still work.

Any tankless water heater been made in about the last 15 years or so WON'T work with without power however.

Again, if you have an outdated UDP tank style water heater, you'll have warm water until your oversized, semi pressurized yeti cup stops doing its water insulation thing.

https://advancedplumbingandrooter.com/will-a-tankless-water-heater-work-without-electricity/

Go read

Oct 12, 2018, 12:12 PM

And stop moving goal posts here.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Light-reading-on-water-heaters-1837573?tstart=0

Goalposts? I've said basically the same thing twice.

Oct 12, 2018, 12:14 PM

Meant to put this here:

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Sigh-Do-you-have-a-tankless-heater-or-not-24247667

I don't have the balls for this

Oct 12, 2018, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Pro Tip: ]

When our water heater was on the fritz, I boiled water and had my servant bathe me in warm water with a sponge.

I got a gym membership the next day exclusively for the showers (and steam rooms with the bois)

Oh man, seggs in a humid house with no AC can be

Oct 12, 2018, 11:44 AM

fun and disgusting.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You said fun twice.....***

Oct 12, 2018, 12:34 PM

Thread had potential***

Oct 12, 2018, 11:48 AM

Too many conspiracy theorists going after the low hanging

Oct 12, 2018, 12:00 PM

fruit. I placed so many nuggets.

Hard times?

Oct 12, 2018, 12:01 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9py4aMK3aIU

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Classic.***

Oct 12, 2018, 2:54 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

How can God put that on a mortal man?

Oct 12, 2018, 12:12 PM

Dood, U juan sik ####.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Friends of mine in Tally...

Oct 12, 2018, 1:32 PM

slept in their car last night to get some a/c.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 41
| visibility 773
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic