Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
T's and P's for son and fam.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 370

T's and P's for son and fam.

Jul 8, 2020, 10:37 PM

DIL couldn't have kids and they were a lil older after doing some fostering, so they ended up with a brother/sister they fostered who were older. Now a girl 14 and boy 20. The young lady is a major issue. They adopted her after some issues that were controllable, but issues just kept escalating over the last few years. She's worked at connecting with her birth mom, hooked up with the wrong crowd, vaping whatever, "boyfriend" has already been arrested for prior stuff in March with her and other girls.

Now they're at the hospital having her evaluated for a meltdown. She didn't mention self harm, so they prolly won't keep her. Back in March, there was talk about her going residential somewhere, but somehow that didn't happen. I'm learning a little about the mental health world, actually more than I want to know. They're just hoping to disconnect from her at her age 18 if possible.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sad - it's a helpless feeling. Ts & Ps for sure.***

Jul 8, 2020, 10:41 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Sorry to hear, unfortunately genetics plays a big part

Jul 8, 2020, 10:44 PM

In mental health issues. Learned a ton from friends and my own life. Get help ASAP. There is no shame in seeking professional help and any medication

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sorry to hear, unfortunately genetics plays a big part

Jul 8, 2020, 10:58 PM

DIL is a psychologist and works in public health, so they've been navigating the system with some knowledge. Their original strategy of seeking older kids that were appropriate for their age (40 now) turned out to not be a good strategy. Just more years for the kids to be in a bad situation that is hard to turn around with good intentions and hopeful effort.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

prayers***

Jul 8, 2020, 11:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Done.***

Jul 9, 2020, 6:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

14 yrs old is when my girls went off the deep end

Jul 9, 2020, 6:46 AM

went bonkers for about 3-4 years

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You got it. ******

Jul 9, 2020, 6:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

T's and P's , No & Family!***

Jul 9, 2020, 7:41 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Done***

Jul 9, 2020, 9:35 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like my cousin

Jul 9, 2020, 2:06 PM

Was adopted. Wasn't told about it until around 8th grade. Any conflicts with her parents became magnified after that. Found birth mom. Ran away from home a few times. Ran with the wrong crowd. Birth mom tried to take her in for a few years. Hasn't had a relationship with my aunt/uncle for decades.

It's tough on everybody. Hope they can navigate the next few years and find a peaceful coexistence.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 370
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic