Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
T's and P's appreciated today: Bout to go head to head
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 898

T's and P's appreciated today: Bout to go head to head

Dec 11, 2019, 7:47 AM

with these pieces of #### at the student loan forgiveness department of bull ####.

Been applying for the Facebook forgiveness stuff for 4 years and still nothing. That ends today.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

So you borrowed money and now you don't want to pay it back?

Dec 11, 2019, 7:49 AM

Dear Lord, please make FBCoach pay back his loan. I had to pay all of my student loans off with 8% interest. I don't want to pay off other people's loans too.

Amen.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Preach on...***

Dec 11, 2019, 7:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

It was a little incentive program when I went in for my

Dec 11, 2019, 7:53 AM [ in reply to So you borrowed money and now you don't want to pay it back? ]

undergrad.

If you work in a low income facebook school for 5 years (which every one around here is low income) they will pay back 5k in your loans.

I took out 6k.

Now I have around 4k.

Pay what you said you'd pay.

And yes I have those post grad loans too so I'm not free and clear after this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, Wife of Greenr found some program and got like

Dec 11, 2019, 8:00 AM

$20k in Student Loans forgiven by working for the State of South Carolina. It was a SUPER crappy job (required a Master's and paid less than teachers salary while not working a teacher schedule) but it helped get that paid off. National Health Services Corps might be the name of the group. Anyways, she ended up going back to Winthrop so she could get SCHOOL counseling certificate and work in schools with a pay raise to only work part time like teachers.

Good luck getting yournses paid off.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So why not

Dec 11, 2019, 8:04 AM

Get a job that pays 60-70k+ instead of something that pays 30k? Doesn't seem worth it for only 20k in loans.

Well, when you decide what you want to do with your life

Dec 11, 2019, 8:26 AM

at 19-20, some people want to take jobs that help more than generate wealth.

I'm not sure there are jobs in SC that pay $60-70k with her degrees.

Working in schools allows her to work part time like teachers, get a guaranteed raise no matter what, very difficult to be fired, benefits are OK, great retirement, etc.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, when you decide what you want to do with your life

Dec 11, 2019, 8:29 AM

Image result for bingo gif

I know we #### on each other, but it's a really good gig. Hell this is the easiest job I've EVER had.

Bout to go on a 2 week paid vacation for Christmas. Get out of here permanently in about 20 years.

You don't make ####, but for a job you're working 190 days a year it's good pay.

Re: Well, when you decide what you want to do with your life

Dec 11, 2019, 8:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ah yes still have to fight those ambitious urges.

Dec 11, 2019, 8:34 AM

Been in the driver seat before.

Realized quick I wouldn't make it 3 more years before I either quit the entire career completely, put a bullet in my head, or have a heart attack.

I'm good putting my ambitions into my children and family for now.

Maybe another day I'll start back up that ladder again. But right now.. I'm good.

True story

Dec 11, 2019, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Well, when you decide what you want to do with your life ]

I had sects on week 3 last night.....Well, actually, MsLovin was on week 3.

What?***

Dec 11, 2019, 8:40 AM

There was a stepladder in the bedroom so I would remember to

Dec 11, 2019, 8:41 AM

clean the fans. MsLovin is almost one foot shorter than I. So last night, she got on the first step.

Oh

Dec 11, 2019, 8:44 AM

I tried and got rejected last night. Apparently you should avoid that when both of you can barely keep your head up from some nasty cold.

You didn't try "I heard the release of endorphins help to

Dec 11, 2019, 8:47 AM

suppress most symptoms of a common cold and may actually reduce the overall duration of a cold"?

Tried, got the rain check***

Dec 11, 2019, 8:49 AM

Thank god. All this world needs is a 17th greenr running

Dec 11, 2019, 8:52 AM

around

Try it at 39 weeks

Dec 12, 2019, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Oh ]

You probably have

Is that B hole or P hole height?***

Dec 11, 2019, 9:03 AM [ in reply to There was a stepladder in the bedroom so I would remember to ]

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes***

Dec 11, 2019, 9:04 AM

Dood, if you think teachers work part time you're sadly

Dec 11, 2019, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Man, Wife of Greenr found some program and got like ]

mistaken.

Ms. Wilbur easily works 10-11 hours a day every day (8 hours in the classroom plus 2-3 hours every night grading, sorting, planning and dealing with parents that don't care), minus a 6 week summer break where she is expected to take graduate classes (she already has a M. Ed.). And this for low pay.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

That's why you become a school counselor

Dec 11, 2019, 8:16 AM

no papers to grade or lessons to plan - just have to be able to deal with soul crushing stories from kids that shouldn't be dealing with all the #### they do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Or a facebook coach***

Dec 11, 2019, 8:18 AM

Wife is a counselor, mom was a principal, brother teaches

Dec 11, 2019, 8:23 AM [ in reply to Dood, if you think teachers work part time you're sadly ]

middle school.....and still you took the bait.

Hook, line, and sinker.

me and little brother would join right in there.***

Dec 11, 2019, 8:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does your daddy sing bass?

Dec 11, 2019, 8:53 AM

Mama, tenor?

A lot of us are finding out that

Dec 11, 2019, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Man, Wife of Greenr found some program and got like ]

the forgiveness they promised us isn't going to happen. Hell so far I've been told the poorest school in the poorest school district in the state I worked at for 1 year doesn't count because it's not "low income"

Hell if that one isn't low income than none of them are.

Now that I have 9 years in they just stopped responding to me all together and refuse to return my emails or answer my phone calls.

Re: A lot of us are finding out that

Dec 11, 2019, 8:39 AM

I figure this is what's going to happen to my wife

Dec 11, 2019, 11:13 AM [ in reply to A lot of us are finding out that ]

She's been working for the state, thinking maybe she'll get some of that sweet, sweet federal loan forgiveness money....But more and more I'm thinking it isn't going to happen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It was a little incentive program when I went in for my

Dec 12, 2019, 8:39 AM [ in reply to It was a little incentive program when I went in for my ]

You don’t get free money for making bad decisions. Sorry dude.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: T's and P's appreciated today: Bout to go head to head

Dec 11, 2019, 8:34 AM

Leave the country and blow it off.

Update: Just got off the phone with the state

Dec 11, 2019, 8:58 AM

department of education. Since my loan has been taken over by Nelnet, it is now been reclassified as a federal student loan and is therefore no longer eligible for teacher loan forgiveness through the state.

However, I must call Nelnet to see what they can work out.

Image result for great gifs

Nelnet has my loan. Got like 6 more payments and I am out.

Dec 11, 2019, 8:59 AM

But the interest rate is low and the payment is low so Imma let it ride.

I have one through nelnet and one through

Dec 11, 2019, 9:16 AM

edfinancial. Both are low.

Wife has one through nelnet. It's low too.

but still it's free money if they forgive it like they said they would

#### NELNET

Dec 11, 2019, 11:51 AM

Don't respond to my email for a year. Get on the phone with the dude... "Oh I see your application.. it's too old you're going to have to resend it."

You mean the 5th application I've sent in 4 years that nobody responded to even after I sent multiple emails requesting additional information on if it was approved? That application is to old?

Image result for middle finger gif

Should have called earlier.

Dec 11, 2019, 11:53 AM

Maybe you need to go down there where you can get your hands on somebody.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel like pulling a Lakebum at a tailgate***

Dec 11, 2019, 11:55 AM

Re: T's and P's appreciated today: Bout to go head to head

Dec 12, 2019, 8:37 AM

Hope you have to pay it all back with a 10%?loan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 37
| visibility 898
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic