Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thanks Amazon......a NEW Christmas crisis........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 446

Thanks Amazon......a NEW Christmas crisis........

Nov 27, 2018, 11:50 AM

So for a few years my kids have used the Amazon gift list to let family (mainly grandparents) know what they wanted for Christmas. They're actually a lot more restrained than I would have been at their ages and put pretty reasonable and practical stuff on there...usually it's maybe 6-8 items or so.

So at Thanksgiving I get to hear from my Mom that she got the list late last year and all the "good stuff" had already been bought by the other grandparents and aunts and uncles and that she wanted first rights to the list this year.

So now I had to do the grand list unveiling, and send the lists out to everyone at the same time like it was a big ticketmaster concert going on sale or something.

I swear, humans can find a way to eff anything up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got suckered into the gf's family gift exchange this year

Nov 27, 2018, 12:02 PM

I'll be married before the end of next year you just watch. Anyways, they put everyones name into an online app that draws out names randomly, you can go on the app and create a list of what you want. The put a limit on the dollar amount spent. On Thanksgiving day they entered everyones name. The drawing can't take place until each person has registered in the app. They all did it immediately. I let the email sit for a day or two because it wasn't a big deal to me.

the gf said the family was asking when I was going to register so the drawing could take place. Apparently they could see I was the lone rebel who hadn't completed the task yet. She said its a big deal. So I registered Sunday.

No one has made a list of what they want. I got the gf's niece whos a 20 something in college in Charleston. I may get her a salt life tshirt or replica Hunley model.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i just thought of a decent gift idea

Nov 27, 2018, 12:04 PM

...for the lunge.

pigs of 20 year old college niece are ALL the rage this holiday season

She's fat af

Nov 27, 2018, 12:05 PM

Let me see what I can do

you can just keep your stories to yourself

Nov 27, 2018, 12:06 PM

if THIS is how they end.

Re: She's fat af

Nov 27, 2018, 12:57 PM [ in reply to She's fat af ]

PsychoTea

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Try on the pajamas Tote1 got you so the family can see!"

Nov 27, 2018, 12:06 PM [ in reply to i just thought of a decent gift idea ]

Uhhhh, OK mama

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get her a glass suction deeldough***

Nov 27, 2018, 12:57 PM [ in reply to I got suckered into the gf's family gift exchange this year ]

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are any number of creepy, pos human ways

Nov 27, 2018, 1:00 PM [ in reply to I got suckered into the gf's family gift exchange this year ]

to make this go bad and avoid marriage.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Marriage, LOL***

Nov 27, 2018, 2:59 PM [ in reply to I got suckered into the gf's family gift exchange this year ]

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks Amazon......a NEW Christmas crisis........

Nov 27, 2018, 3:24 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 446
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic