Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Was Trey Jemison forced out to make room for a transfer?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Was Trey Jemison forced out to make room for a transfer?

May 7, 2020, 10:01 AM

Early to mid May seems to be when we announce them every year.

I thought he was going to get lots of playing time this year and next - his best two years. Obviously, he needed to development his game, as most large kids do at that age, but I would have thought, with our roster and lack of overall size, we would definitely need him from a defensive standpoint with matchups.

The basketball team just has no continuity any more. I miss the days of recruiting a player and watching him develop and getting to know a little about him over his 4 years at Clemson. I guess it is happening all over basketball as we watch teams with much smaller budgets rising to the top 25 of college basketball every year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this anything but negative speculation? Do you have a

May 7, 2020, 12:03 PM

shred of proof that led you to believe that or did you just pull it out of your whiny ###?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm gonna go with the latter***

May 7, 2020, 1:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Who is speculating? I am asking whether or not

May 7, 2020, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Is this anything but negative speculation? Do you have a ]

Coach Brownell suggested Jemison transfer to make room for a better player that he wants to bring in or if it was a surprise to Coach Brownell and against his wishes.

Those are basically the only two options.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why is it negative?***

May 7, 2020, 1:08 PM

Can you highlight the positive portion of your speculation?

May 7, 2020, 1:52 PM

Maybe I missed it

Re: Can you highlight the positive portion of your speculation?

May 7, 2020, 3:05 PM

That would be positive imo if CBB was making room for a better player. We need a big guy though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was him attempting to spin after I called out his

May 7, 2020, 3:41 PM

original post though Carlsbad, there was no mention of that in the OP

Carlsbad is obviously correct

May 7, 2020, 5:41 PM

and you are obviously wrong.

You just didn't read and think it through. You just got defensive.

You're the one getting defensive...You went negative, got

May 7, 2020, 9:12 PM

called on it and couldn't own it and now you're piggybacking someone else's comment...Show me the positive in your ORIGINAL post Ace

Exactly.

May 7, 2020, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Can you highlight the positive portion of your speculation? ]

I would look for an incoming transfer to be announced within the next week or so.

Re: Exactly.

May 7, 2020, 5:50 PM

What did Ed do now?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you are positing a theory without a shred of proof?***

May 7, 2020, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Who is speculating? I am asking whether or not ]

Try reading. You may find that it doesn't fit your

May 7, 2020, 5:45 PM

preconceived notions.

Try looking up the definition of words you don't know before

May 7, 2020, 9:13 PM

claiming that's not exactly what you're doing

Re: Trapp and Simms say hi but

May 7, 2020, 12:08 PM

rant on we know your agenda

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Either he asked him to leave or he didn't.

May 7, 2020, 1:12 PM

If he didn't ask him to leave, that is unfortunate and could hurt us next year.

If he did ask him to leave, then Brownell likely has a replacement that is better. This isn't rocket science.

The declining interest in basketball overall is a fact of life. Why is that happening?

Re: Either he asked him to leave or he didn't.

May 7, 2020, 4:55 PM

CBB is not going to tell a scholarship player he recruited to leave the program to make room for a hopeful transfer. Unless he’s a grad, he sits a year coming in so that is ridiculous.

He’s likely leaving because he isn’t going to see the amount of PT he wants.

Wanna bet?

May 7, 2020, 5:44 PM

You may be right. He may be leaving and Brownell doesn't want him to.

But, you better believe, with the high number of transfers in college basketball today, players are being told that their services are no longer needed.

Yea, I’ll bet the farm right now

May 7, 2020, 5:58 PM

This is total conjecture. The only thing that is 100% guaranteed is that he doesn’t run his program that way.

I will eat my words just as soon as you prove me wrong.

You can "100% guarantee he doesn't do that?" Exhibit A:

May 7, 2020, 6:15 PM

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/college/clemson/2019/04/16/clemson-mens-basketball-program-loses-another-player-transfer/3484020002/

“It doesn’t bother me as much anymore when people leave,” Brownell said. “Sometimes it’s better for them to leave for both parties. Sometimes they need a fresh start, sometimes there’s better avenues at other places. It doesn’t mean that it’s a negative and it’s not just in basketball, it’s in all sports. (That sounds like an admission to me right after Malik left)

“You don’t want constant turnover all the time, but you’re going to have one or two guys most years, probably, if you have 13 guys on scholarship. The other thing to do is not have as many guys on scholarship. It’s hard to make 11, 12 and 13 (players) happy. You’re going to play eight, nine, that’s normal. But there aren’t many kids that really want to come and just sit and are happy sitting, especially if it’s more than one year.”

You want some salt or sugar for those words?

Re: You can "100% guarantee he doesn't do that?" Exhibit A:

May 7, 2020, 8:29 PM

You’re not being objective chief. Your question is, did Brad ask him to leave. This “quote” says nothing to the effect that he has ever “asked” anyone to leave.

Next.

May 7, 2020, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Either he asked him to leave or he didn't. ]

I thought Jamison had lots of potential. You can’t coach his size and build. Sad to hear he is leaving. Agree lack of continuity in program major concern.

I thought Jamison had lots of potential. You can’t coach his size and build. Sad to hear he is leaving. Agree lack of continuity in program major concern.

Re: Was Trey Jemison forced out to make room for a transfer?

May 7, 2020, 1:44 PM

No.

May 7, 2020, 8:24 PM

Brownell supporters will tell you there’s 7,634,695 transfers every year, so it’s no big deal. I say let’s do the opposite of the crowd and develop what we recruit, especially since doing what the crowd does hasn’t yielded us great results.

May 7, 2020, 8:34 PM

It’s not exclusive to Clemson. One and done has ruined college basketball. It has nothing to do with Brad lovers or haters...

Maybe PJ Hall's dad paid off BB

May 13, 2020, 9:57 PM

So that his son gets to play 40 minutes a game because that's what is going to happen...especially if Simms goes loco and stays in the Draft. Don't know the status of Baehre if he's able to come back or not, but that's setting up for a 5 guard offense for a lot of minutes.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic