Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Opinion: Clemson's Powerful Football Coach Fumbles on Coronavirus
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Opinion: Clemson's Powerful Football Coach Fumbles on Coronavirus

Apr 6, 2020, 9:15 AM

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/clemsons-powerful-football-coach-fumbles-on-coronavirus-2020-04-06

I hesitate to post this since it's only going to get clicks for a moron who doesn't even know the swinney's are going to their own house, but it will likely make national news since their is nothing else to talk about in the sports world.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

I’m not clicking on that crap. Just another hit piece by some Dabo hater.***

Apr 6, 2020, 9:17 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m not clicking on that crap. Just another hit piece by some Dabo hater.***

Apr 6, 2020, 11:42 AM

I clicked it,had never heard of the source,and commented that I saw nothing on any of my Clemson sites.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not clicking on that shyatt.

Apr 6, 2020, 9:17 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: I'm not clicking on that shyatt.

Apr 6, 2020, 7:53 PM

Good call! I made the mistake of adding a click and seriously regret it

Re: Opinion: Clemson's Powerful Football Coach Fumbles on Coronavirus

Apr 6, 2020, 9:26 AM

It's starting to get steam. Fanside? Keeps pushing it. Its been posted on msn and the local coot news here in the midlands.

Will be interesting to see how much steam this gets. I'm hoping not much but it depends since there is no sports news.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 6, 2020, 9:26 AM

Any one who is optimistic about this virus is chastised.Those pessimists are loved. I never heard him advise anyone to not do what these medical advisers suggest.I heard lots of optimism which don’t set well with some.

LOL...Dennis Dodd...lol***

Apr 6, 2020, 9:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dennis Dodd actually wrote a positive piece on Swinney

Apr 6, 2020, 9:43 AM

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/lifting-spirits-and-doubters-clemsons-dabo-swinney-has-zero-doubt-the-season-will-start-on-time/?mod=article_inline

Dennis Dodd is a self-important hack...

Apr 6, 2020, 9:56 AM

who, like so many other "journalists", uses his position to espouse his own personal agenda/grievances.

Does ANYONE really care what this clown says or thinks?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't care for Dennis Dodd that much either

Apr 6, 2020, 12:54 PM

He's an occasional guest on 'The Audible' podcast with Stuart Mandel and Bruce Feldman, and I've never really been a fan.

That said, i was just pointing out that the hatchet job wasn't his this time as his piece linked in this article was actually very positive towards Swinney despite how it was presented in the original piece.

Apr 6, 2020, 9:29 AM

"Don't worry about criticism from people that you wouldn't seek advice from" - Dabo

Clemson

Clemson's football coach could teach the world...

Apr 6, 2020, 9:30 AM

to embrace each & every moment, if only they'd listen.

As to the where that man draws his passion & verve, I don't care; he's top shelf.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 6, 2020, 9:52 AM

Author is a uga grad, so there goes any credibility whatsoever. Lot of frustrated jealousy in that article. You can smell it between the lines.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Truth is, Dabo's one of the few "powerful" people that

Apr 6, 2020, 9:58 AM

HASN'T fumbled on the caronavirus.

I just have to say that if anyone lives their life in

Apr 6, 2020, 10:10 AM

accordance with interviews/opinions from celebrities, coaches, or any other type of entertainer, then they get what they deserve.

The whole premise that "if we could just get all these semi-famous entertainment non-medical folks to parrot some scrolling scripted PSA on a teleprompter will thoroughly convince the masses to follow the Government guidelines" is utter bunk.

Don't get me wrong, I love Dabo and if he has an opinion about football - I will definitely listen. When it comes to pandemics and the medical safety of my family - Dabo's opinions rate as high as my cat's opinion on what I watch on TV.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo did say in an interview that he leaves all

Apr 6, 2020, 11:52 AM

the medical stuff to those who know more than he does and that he is confident that America has what it takes to turn things around, citing we did put men on the moon and "a car " to drive around on Mars.

Re: I just have to say that if anyone lives their life in

Apr 6, 2020, 12:35 PM [ in reply to I just have to say that if anyone lives their life in ]

Nailed it Tabby. Morons like the author think that football fans can't think for themselves and blindly follow a sports figure regardless. Dabo is trying to have a positive outlook and has not once suggested that anyone do something that would contradict the medical advice we are getting from the experts. I am sure that when Dabo is at his place in Florida (or the gulf coast in Alabama) he will follow the Florida guidelines.

Apr 6, 2020, 11:46 AM

This story is really going to anger ByGodDannyFord. He loves Clemson football and Dabo so much and like no other. I hope he can handle this story without freaking out.

Dear Jennifer,

Apr 6, 2020, 12:28 PM

I'm hungry! Get in the kitchen and make me a sammich!

P.S. This is a jokey reply. And, if any of you airheads see it any differently, you need to get a grip.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

She's just bored...

Apr 6, 2020, 12:31 PM

because there are currently no UGa players in jail for her to write about.

Apr 6, 2020, 7:15 PM

I don't want to give some idiot the satisfaction of clicking on his article. Can someone give me the rundown on what it says? Thanks!

Apr 6, 2020, 7:25 PM

That tears it! I’m getting on my sanitized private plane and heading to Florida.

Apr 6, 2020, 7:51 PM

What a bunch of B S

Apr 7, 2020, 9:18 AM

Dabo is the ultimate positive thinker and any ####### in the media can fault him for that but sometimes it works...starting in 2009! He will always have to deal with doubters just like DT but he produces and everyone makes minor mistakes of timing!... most of these writers are somewhat useless or they would be doing something productive instead of finding ways to disparage productive American heroes like Dabo...If you make a mistake in an act of 'positive' commission it is quite different than making a mistake in negativity or omission! I'll take Dabo on this every time and the other guy can go to **** or USC!

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic