Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Truth be told, Spurrier is what Tommy Bowden used to be
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

Truth be told, Spurrier is what Tommy Bowden used to be

Aug 17, 2013, 12:55 PM

at Clemson.

The fan base are happy to just beat us. Really.... They have become successful as of right now in the SEC because other than Alabama and LSU, that Conference is really down. Tenn is not Tenn right now, Arkansas is still down, UGA (we play them) but they aren't really the same, UF is not UF like it was under Urban, Auburn is still down....

So, really the only success that USUCK has had is in a down conference. We only need to hope that Auburn, Tenn, Arkansas and UF return to their peak. Then, USUCK will become the doormat again.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not really....but if it makes you feel better******

Aug 17, 2013, 1:01 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USC is better but the SEC is also seriously down. There are

Aug 17, 2013, 4:14 PM

only two real powers in the SEX right now. LSU and Bama.

Re: USC is better but the SEC is also seriously down. There are

Aug 17, 2013, 4:29 PM

OK. So three down SEC, second rate, teams (SC,GA,Fl) are 7 and 2 against ACC rivals the last three years. And those ACC rivals are the BEST in the ACC. Clemson and Fla St. dominate the ACC and can't beat a second rate, down SEC team. Is that what you are saying?

I know, I know "LSU in Atlanta." LSU had as much motivation as you will against SC State. Used to playing for NC and now in Atl against a team killed a few weeks earlier by a second tier SEC team. Let's just go get a burger.

that is just about stupid. i guess their guys were dropping

Aug 18, 2013, 3:58 AM

like flies on the ga. dome turf 'cause they wanted to look like a pathetic, lowly louisiana-lafayette team or something, instead of one of the best teams the sec could throw at a rival conference. i think they just had too much hype threw on'em by the media.matter-of-fact we had a 2-1 record against that conf., so i don't see what all the fuss is about,heck, we lost the same number of games against acc competition.

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

"LSU had as much motivation as you will against SC State"

Aug 18, 2013, 4:31 AM [ in reply to Re: USC is better but the SEC is also seriously down. There are ]

You are obviously not an LSU fan, so I am assuming you are a coot or a mutt.

Don't even try to tell me that LSU din't want to win that game as bad as we did. Some of the most butthurt fans might hide behind that pathetic excuse, but the $EC pumpers all say that because they are just fake fanboys. All of my UGA, Auburn, and SC fans all say LSU didn't want to win it. Right, I'm sure that talented, competitive, 1-year-removed-from-a-national-championship-game-team, who had practiced and prepared for a month were as motivated to playing a two loss team in a prime-time bowl game on national television. (Longest run on sentence in t-net history?)

The coaches and players wanted to win that game, and the fans were expecting a WVA repeat. I even had a friend bet me $20 that we would lose by 50 or more. They had us where they wanted us, but we beat em mentally.

Bottom line is, the better team clearly won on New Years Eve

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "LSU had as much motivation as you will against SC State"

Aug 18, 2013, 12:47 PM

I posted, in my first post and afterward, that I am a Gamecock fan and my username Thomas Sumter (as in General, revolutionary war, known as "The Gamecock") was not meant to be suttle. It is more fun on rival boards and not just agreeing with everything on Gamecock Central. I will try to be respectful but will post an occasional zinger (at least to me). Hope you guys don't ban me. You have some funny Tigers on here. Go to the Bama board if you want to really be bored. Just a big love fest there. Guess you can if you're trying for a threepeat.

Sure the LSU fans wanted to win, losing to Clemson right after we soundly won would not look very good. My thoughts were on the players. We are used to being in Tampa/St. Pete and you in Atlanta. They consider anything less than NC or Sugar to be a real downer.

Re: "LSU had as much motivation as you will against SC State"

Aug 18, 2013, 2:23 PM

Wait I thought Florida lost to Louisville because they didn't want to be there, is the sugar bowl to good for Florida but LSU wants to be there? I need to get all this straight so I can know what to expect for next year's bowl games

Re: A new rant

Aug 17, 2013, 5:01 PM [ in reply to not really....but if it makes you feel better****** ]

The SEC is THE conference in the South. (67% all time against ACC). My grandchildren will not live long enough to see the ACC become a true rival of the SEC. The Tigers play in Alabama and Death Valey is in La. Tweet that.

Ah, a new coot. Let me welcome you by saying

Aug 17, 2013, 6:23 PM

#### you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Yea, but not trying to keep it a secret

Aug 17, 2013, 8:30 PM

Also not being obscene.

Just having fun. Love the rivalry and love the banter. I announced I was a "coot" in my first post and Thomas Sumter (The Gamecock) is no attempt to hide my identity.

I love you guys on our board and go to Ga,Fla, Bama, etc. boards when I have the chance. Just agreeing with each other on our own board is no fun. Someone should start a SC Rivals board where we can try our zingers out on each other without seeming like an interloper.

Well we certainly don't love you here.***

Aug 18, 2013, 8:15 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This guy is pathetic

Aug 18, 2013, 4:40 AM [ in reply to Re: A new rant ]

Did it take you two years to come up with that one?

It's a sad day when one has to brag about one's conference before being able to brag about one's football team.

Clemson, UGA, LSU, AU, BAMA, UT, and UF all have at least one national championship banner, and have actually won their conference they currently play in

Your coots are 1-11 in Baton Rouge, and 19-10 in Death Valley. Pick yer poison

oops.....19-10 at Death Valley...

Aug 18, 2013, 5:18 AM

although a didn't need to correct it because each fanbase could obviously tell that it was backwards

Haha, I love this, classic coot response

Aug 18, 2013, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Re: A new rant ]

Riding on the coattails of their conference. Classic. Thanks for the laugh

Re: Haha, I love this, classic coot response

Aug 18, 2013, 1:06 PM

Don't think I have to appoligize for four in a row or for the conference for the string of NCs. If you read up the string, my response was to a post about the SEC being down. Was just pointing out that the down part of the SEC was 3-0 last year with in state rivals and 7 of the last nine, the only two wins were FSU. Imagine if the class of the ACC had to play the up team as rivals instead of the poor downtroden second tier teams.

Let's take a look.

Aug 17, 2013, 6:23 PM [ in reply to not really....but if it makes you feel better****** ]

T. Bowden:

Beat his rival - Yes
Got to a bowl game - Yes
Close to a conference title - Yes

Dickface Spurrier:

Beat his rival - Yes
Got to a bowl game - Yes
Close to a conference title - Yes

Re: Let's take a look.

Aug 18, 2013, 1:09 PM

Yep, your right. Tommy will be in the Hall of Fame anyday now. Is Bowden drawing unemployment.

Re: Truth be told, Spurrier is what Tommy Bowden used to be

Aug 17, 2013, 1:14 PM

Comparing Spurrier to Bowden is a HUGE stretch. Bowden can't even get a sniff on a coaching position-anywhere. USC has just recruited better and has a really good coaching staff resulting in wins.

Hard to consider UGA as down or not what they used to be

Aug 17, 2013, 1:16 PM

considering how close they came to winning the conference last year. It is true that Auburn, UK, and UT are so far down that they make easy chum/bait like Vanderbuilt or like WF and Duke usually do for the ACC.

Until last year UGa fans were well past wanting to run their

Aug 17, 2013, 4:12 PM

head coach out of town. A mediocre season last year an MR was gone.

I'm not 100% sure he won't face the same attitude

Aug 17, 2013, 4:38 PM

if UGa DOESN'T win their division and make the SECCG. But for sure if the dawgs lose their first two games and then get upset somewhere down the road, Richt is going to be hearing a lot worse than "boo-birds" into the future.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Winning their division that last two years and...

Aug 17, 2013, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Until last year UGa fans were well past wanting to run their ]

... winning 8 of 12 bowl games seems pretty good for UGA. That bowl record even beats Dooley's. I'm just trying to figure out how saying UGA isn't what they used to be makes any sense. The Goff and Donnen eras weren't any better that I remember. No doubt there are some Dawg fans that want the team to be a top SEC power year in and year out. But that isn't their history.

Aug 17, 2013, 1:45 PM

The vandy to wake comparisons are crazy. Go look at the vandy to wake games the last few years. Vandy has blown out wake the same weekend as Clemson USC ga ga tech

Aug 17, 2013, 2:21 PM

They lost 3 straight before winning the last two and also lost to big ten bottom dweller northwestern last year

Aug 17, 2013, 1:47 PM

the acc is down now as well. vt will make beamer retire this year if he loses again, Miami may be better, Virginia was awful last year, gt got beat by middle ten, wake is a mess, duke is duke, Maryland played a te at qb to finish the season, nc state going thru a coaching change, boston college the same and was the worst in the league last year. Clemson and fsu toting the flag for the acc and should not lose to these teams. the acc was way down last year! but you can't change other schools in your conference you just beat them.

Exactly and Dabo only has 1 signature win, LSU, and we only

Aug 17, 2013, 4:27 PM

won it because the mad hatter pulled another time management fiasco and we were able to get into field goal position as time expired after a lucky and desperate 4th and long completion. LSU gave that game away. They didn't even want to be there. They thought they should have been playing for the national title.

If we go 0-3 VS. FSU, UGa, and USC but win every other game, Dabo should be fired. If we go 1-2 in those games, Dabo should be fired, esp if the 2 loses are to FSU and USC.

This is year 5 for Dabo. A senior QB, RB, best WR group in years maybe ever, and the best OC he will ever have plus a weak schedule with UGa and FSU at home. It's time to step up or move on.

that may be the biggest bs story i've seen on t-net!

Aug 17, 2013, 4:37 PM

that's the reason usuc has won 4 in a row against us,too, because we didn't want to bother with playing that 'roid infused team from down in cola. don't bother us none, we'll concentrate on winning our conference. edisto_tiger, if you have ever played a sport in your life, or even went fishing with a buddy,golfed with a friend,etc., you know that when you get on the playing field,lake,golf course,etc. you are there to win, nothing else!

Re: that may be the biggest bs story i've seen on t-net!

Aug 18, 2013, 12:16 AM

when you get on the playing field yes, everyone plays hard. But I think some players may not take the practices too seriously, especially if it is a disappointing bowl game and they are leaving for the NFL

Well you know what?

Aug 18, 2013, 4:49 AM

That doesn't make them the better team. At all. If anything it truly proves who was better. The great teams practice like they play. If LSU d!icked around in practice and wasn't playing their hardest, then this should clearly seal the deal.

Like I said before, the better team clearly won, and only a non-LSU $EC pumper or a butthurt crybaby cajun attempts to hide behind that excuse.

Get lost coot. Go win your conference...for once

Re: that may be the biggest bs story i've seen on t-net!

Aug 18, 2013, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Re: that may be the biggest bs story i've seen on t-net! ]

Hahaha you are the most pathetic, excuse-ridden fanbase in the history of sports. I guess two of your wins against us don't count bc we were looking ahead to conference championship games. Also in 2010 we had 7 players drafted and they were taking it easy the last few games so as not to get hurt. Dang I feel better now we've only lost one game to the coots the last 4 years

Re: Exactly and Dabo only has 1 signature win, LSU, and we only

Aug 17, 2013, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Exactly and Dabo only has 1 signature win, LSU, and we only ]

That's the attitude Edisto....fire a coach that went 11-1.

No problem hiring a quality coach after that because essentially you're telling the next guy he has to go undefeated or he's fired. I'm sure Rad will have them lined up outside his office begging for the job (sarcasm).

Actually 10-2 and after 5 1/2 years 1 regular season true

Aug 18, 2013, 12:14 AM

BIG win!! 1-6 vs. USC, 1 ACC title by default. Record means nothing, it's about quality wins.

ACC title by default?

Aug 18, 2013, 12:18 AM

you are a ####### idiot we played the #5 ranked team in Charlotte and beat the living crap out of them for the title

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Right....a win over a 3rd ranked team in the conference

Aug 18, 2013, 4:51 AM [ in reply to Actually 10-2 and after 5 1/2 years 1 regular season true ]

championship is "by default"

Get outta here

This is ridiculous

Aug 17, 2013, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Exactly and Dabo only has 1 signature win, LSU, and we only ]

Clemson had 32 first downs while LSU had 9.

Clemson had 445 yards while LSU had 219.

Clemson had 3 turnovers while LSU had 1.

It should have never come down to a desperation last drive to win this game, we should have had it won much earlier.

As far as LSU not wanting to be there, that is the lamest excuse I have ever heard. They should pull scholarships and fire coaches if that is true.

In 2009 we were 1:20 away from playing for a BCS bowl until GT came from behind and beat us. We got demoted all the way down to the Music City against Kentucky, after being passed over by the chic fil a and gator bowls. But, we didn't lay down because of it. We didn't let playing in 30 degree Nashville in a meaningless bowl against Kentucky stop us from coming out and winning. CJ Spiller could have lost millions of dollars if he had gotten hurt in that game, but he made MVP.

Happens every year in bowl games and we got lucky.***

Aug 18, 2013, 12:14 AM

Re: This is ridiculous

Aug 18, 2013, 12:18 AM [ in reply to This is ridiculous ]

I don't think they would fire any coaches seeing as the chic-fil-a bowl probably didn't mean much to the LSU fans either, esp when you consider that their coach has won a MNC before.

I know they were 1 year removed from playing in the NC

Aug 18, 2013, 4:56 AM

But come on. Everybody plays to win championships, but one can't seriously EXPECT to play in a BCS bowl every single year.

Since when did the Peach Bowl on New Year's eve on prime-time television against two top-15 Tiger teams who both play in Death Valley who share a rich, southern tradition of college football become "not a big game?"

Stop acting like you know how LSU fans feel about THEIR games. Go cheer for your chickens and stop standing up for your $EC butt-buddies

^^^^^^ Great post***

Aug 18, 2013, 4:52 AM [ in reply to This is ridiculous ]

Eh, 2008 USuC, 2009 Free Shoes U,

Aug 17, 2013, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Exactly and Dabo only has 1 signature win, LSU, and we only ]

2011 and 2012 Auburn, 2011 VT (x2) and the ACC Title.

2008 USC was not USC now and it was an emotional game

Aug 18, 2013, 12:17 AM

for us. Have we beat them since?

2009 FSU sucked. They were just turning around.

VT has sucked for years. They, like us, rack up a lot of wins with weak schedules.

Re: Eh, 2008 USuC, 2009 Free Shoes U,

Aug 18, 2013, 12:21 AM [ in reply to Eh, 2008 USuC, 2009 Free Shoes U, ]

No one should consider a team that cant win a single conference game a signature win. Even in '11 Auburn wen 4-4

Not our fault the conference is down

Aug 18, 2013, 5:05 AM

We had FSU on the ropes on the road, and beat your conference opponent that beat you. Not to mention opening at a neutral site against yet another SEC school that actually claims an SEC title.

Our conference schedule may not be tough, but we made up for it with out of conference match-ups. Why do all the quality wins have to come from the conference?

No one should consider a team that can't win a single conference title as ever having a signature season before.

Re: Not our fault the conference is down

Aug 18, 2013, 7:54 PM

so an 0-8 team with a better history of winning is a bigger win than a top ten team that's actually good that season?

The funny thing is that Clemson fans claim the SEC is over hyped, and that we South Carolina fans hide behind the SEC (both true to some extent) but then you claim ANY win over an SEC team as a huge win - even if that team literally didn't win a conference game that year.

When's the last time the gamedicks beat Auburn?***

Aug 18, 2013, 8:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Eh, 2008 USuC, 2009 Free Shoes U, ]

you sound just like blue caddie***

Aug 18, 2013, 12:16 AM [ in reply to Exactly and Dabo only has 1 signature win, LSU, and we only ]

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

You sir, are an idiot

Aug 18, 2013, 4:45 AM [ in reply to Exactly and Dabo only has 1 signature win, LSU, and we only ]

A two-loss team playing for the national title? Gimme a break. If they thought they were that good, don't you think they might have at least tried to cover the spread?

2000c - What in the world?

Aug 17, 2013, 5:04 PM

Five of the top 10 are SEC teams and 6 of the top 12.

I understand wanting to bash the SEC but even if you take SCAR out of the picture that's still 4 of the Top 10 being SEC.

If this is down, what the frigg do the polls look like when that conference is up?

It's not down, some PROGRAMS are down

Aug 18, 2013, 5:10 AM

Jeezus...you people speak of the SEC as if it were a TEAM! It doesn't operate in UNISON! Half of the programs are prestigious football schools with great facilities, coaches, and players. A couple (UT, AU) have this, but are, as you would say, "down." The others (UK, Vandy, MSU, Mizzou, ARK) suck and would finish middle or bottom of the ACC as well.

Aug 18, 2013, 8:00 AM

Please give this crap a rest. It just makes you sound...well, jealous.

Yeah, except...

Aug 18, 2013, 10:00 AM

Tommy Bowden couldn't coach and never had a solid two deep on both sides of the line.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

re

Aug 18, 2013, 11:34 AM

This thread is embarrassing. This is why all my Carolina co-workers read this site and make fun of us. This delusional bunch is a small but regrettable portion of our fanbase

Re: re

Aug 18, 2013, 2:25 PM

Agree with this. So many of the posters on this board are much more concerned about what is going on at SC and the SEC that right here at Clemson. Sad really - didn't used to be like this.

Aug 18, 2013, 4:43 PM

Talk about a conference being down. Clemson finished outside the top 20 when you won the championship. You also lost to us by 3 TD's and WVU by 5 TD's. That's really a year to be proud of. If that's what y'all call a championship performance, I'll take our non-championship top 10 years thank you.

Aug 18, 2013, 8:07 PM

You don't get banners for finishing in the Top 10. Although I hear SCU might start doing that, since championships are pretty hard to come by down there.

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic