Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trust Tiger Tickets?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 928

Trust Tiger Tickets?

Jan 3, 2020, 10:28 AM

How do you trust that sellers on tiger tickets will transfer the tickets to you once you pay them on PayPal/Venmo?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If meeting in person in an option...

Jan 3, 2020, 10:30 AM

you could exchange payment as the tickets are electronically transferred to you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

People have been burnt before

Jan 3, 2020, 10:34 AM

If I were you I would nOT accept a jpeg or screen shot... make sure the transfer goes through a reputable app like stubhub, vivid, or Ticketmaster.

Once transferred..I think they leave the sellers app so they can't transfer again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Trust Tiger Tickets?

Jan 3, 2020, 11:26 AM

No way to know for sure, but you can always ask for more information... full name, phone numbers, exchange facebook links, IPTAY # or info, etc to make sure they are who they say they are. Generally people trying to scam you are going to give you as little information as possible.

Also, I generally avoid someone who has been on tnet for only a short period of time. Someone who has been here for 15 years (or even 5 for that matter), is much more likely to be a true fan and decent person than someone who joined yesterday and immediately posted $1000+ tickets.

Using this method, I've had numerous good experiences on Tiger Tickets, but it's still not fool proof, and meeting in person would be the best option. Even if you are an hour or 2 apart, to me it's worth the drive over potentially being scammed out of thousands of $$$.

Also, not really your question, but as mentioned above... make sure the tickets are actually transferred to you in the app. Don't accept a screenshot or picture of them. That would be a major red flag!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 928
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic