Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trust Coach BV
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Trust Coach BV

Sep 12, 2017, 11:52 PM

Please fact check me, but hasn't our defense almost always performed better the second time around facing a team when they are running a similar scheme to the previous year? Auburn, Bama, Coot U. Even Syracuse and BC. The only reason Louisville was different was because of Jackson. But he has a year's worth of tape on him and multiple examples of how to stop him including our first half of last year. That man is a genius and I don't doubt him the same way I don't doubt CDS.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look at what Coach BV Implement against Georgia Tech.

Sep 13, 2017, 12:54 AM

He turned their strength into their albatross.

PITT surprisingly executed with a simple shuttle pass shuttle.

The next 2 teams we faced also tried the shuttle pass. Every time it blew up in their face.
Jimmy Greanbeans coaches with bad Intent

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Weird to say but......I only trust coach V

Sep 13, 2017, 1:15 AM

I think if Clemson had a OC on par with BV with the talent like Mahlzan who will be looking for work soon, or Chip Kelly with that talent that would be scary. Our OCs are alright but you can def. tell there are lulls in consistent play calling and some times your left just like what on earth was that and then they do something really good and your like yea your finally getting it that you need to run the ball and pass it down field.... and then you get a dumb slow asz designed qb triple read run that goes for negative two that if they just ran all streaks and the pocket broke down Bryant would rush for 15-25 anyways. Just some things are so blatantly obvious and talent has covered it up. BV and his crew now that's the real deal there! All Day that's the real deal!

Message was edited by: Smedia10

You do realize we played in the last 2 NCs don't you?***

Sep 13, 2017, 1:37 AM

You know what I read your post again

Sep 13, 2017, 1:39 AM [ in reply to Weird to say but......I only trust coach V ]

What are you on?

Re: You know what I read your post again

Sep 13, 2017, 3:14 AM

If you think our OC's are as good at their job as BV is at his, you need to see a doctor!!It isn't even close. The man is correct. They are highly inconsistent in their play calling and still learning---- the NATTY not withstanding. Please quit drinking the "Jimmy Jones juice".

Love that you can say "The Natty notwithstanding" with a

Sep 13, 2017, 8:01 AM

... straight face.

The Clemson OCs have called plays good enough to lead us to two national title games, winning one. There is nothing "notwithstanding" about that achievement.

And if you want to imply that our OCs only won the National Championship because they had a transcendent QB to work with, then you may as well go ahead and say Brent Venables was / is so successful only because he's had the best DL in the nation at his disposal.

I definitely don't ever want to see a Gus Mahlzan or a Chip Kelly, etc., landing at Clemson on the rebound as OC.

My much bigger concern is that other programs will lure away one (or both) of our current guys sooner than later.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hank we have a lot of coot trolls on this board

Sep 13, 2017, 6:14 AM [ in reply to You know what I read your post again ]

that say real stupid #### just to rile us up. Check out their tiger pulse under their name. If it is under 70% it is a coot troll for sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hank we have a lot of coot trolls on this board

Sep 13, 2017, 6:18 AM

I'd bump that up to anything under 80% is a coot

^^^ THIS ^^^

Sep 13, 2017, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Hank we have a lot of coot trolls on this board ]

LOTs of trolls...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Weird to say but......I only trust coach V

Sep 13, 2017, 5:17 AM [ in reply to Weird to say but......I only trust coach V ]

I thought our OCs were 31-2 since taking over. Find a set of coordinators with a record better than that. Some people are hard to please I guess.

Sep 13, 2017, 6:19 AM [ in reply to Weird to say but......I only trust coach V ]

FGF is that a way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You need a dose of reality, son.

Sep 13, 2017, 7:41 AM [ in reply to Weird to say but......I only trust coach V ]

Dabo keeps the score close to develop and mature younger players. That's how we build depth and make the playoffs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You need a dose of reality, son.

Sep 13, 2017, 8:51 AM

Maybe joking, but I'm sure it's not about keeping the score close in purpose but more about the development. Those young guys may not start, but every snap counts.

Re: You need a dose of reality, son.

Sep 13, 2017, 8:51 AM [ in reply to You need a dose of reality, son. ]

Maybe joking, but I'm sure it's not about keeping the score close in purpose but more about the development. Those young guys may not start, but every snap counts.

Mahlzan's participation is the problem with Auburn's offense

Sep 13, 2017, 7:51 AM [ in reply to Weird to say but......I only trust coach V ]

He needs to back off and let his OC do his job.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2017, 8:04 AM [ in reply to Weird to say but......I only trust coach V ]

Do you really think we needed to break out the playbook to beat auburn or kent state? Just look at the natty last year...our plays and play calling are the most unique in college football.

Sep 13, 2017, 8:53 AM

Omg are you for real. DW4 covered those guys so many times it's not even funny. Dabo said it yesterday that Deshaun had the freedom to change the plays at the line of scrimmage anytime he wanted if he saw something. Trust me our OC aren't terrible but they are not the best in the business and your and idiot if you think that Gus Mahlzan who created the offense and Chad copied it couldn't put coach these guys on how to use it. It because our defense is so great and BV is the best in the business and the just saying seriously our OCs are def not on BV's level. Call me a coot or whatever but I'm telling you the truth. BV is better than a majority of the guys in NCAA and NFL. So, yes I trust him and he doesn't sling me a bunch of coach speak he talks or doesn't at all. I stopped listening to our interviews after practice etc... because it got so boring hearing the same exact things said over and over lol and well it's all true and what should be said but I like the old Dabo rants and also when he impersonates people that's fun too, but if you guys can't handle the fact that our best coordinator is BV then your simply not logical.

Sep 13, 2017, 11:31 AM

Did DW4 call for that Orange Crush play at the end of our National Title?

Or was that our OC's?

You know. The one that worked against the best college defense fielded? The same defense that we used 99 offensive plays against? Who would've called those 99 plays?

I mean maybe our OC's realized DW4 was a phenomenal passer and made a more complicated offense to suit his style the past two years. Maybe the OC's realize KB isn't DW4 and is adjusting the offense accordingly?

I bet you think DW4 called our defensive plays too.

Do you wear velcro shoes?***

Sep 13, 2017, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Weird to say but......I only trust coach V ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I am going to help you out...send your post to me before you

Sep 13, 2017, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Weird to say but......I only trust coach V ]

post next time...

Weird to say but......I only trust coach V
Posted: Sep 13, 2017 1:15 AM

I think if Clemson had a OC on par with BV with the talent like Mahlzan who will be looking for work soon, or Chip Kelly with that talent that would be scary. Our OCs are alright but you can def. tell there are lulls in consistent play calling and some times your left just like what on earth was that and then they do something really good and your like yea your finally getting it that you need to run the ball and pass it down field.... and then you get a dumb slow asz designed qb triple read run that goes for negative two that if they just ran all streaks and the pocket broke down Bryant would rush for 15-25 anyways. Just some things are so blatantly obvious and talent has covered it up. BV and his crew now that's the real deal there! All Day that's the real deal!

I think if Clemson had an OC on par with Brent Venables and with the talent like Gus Malzahn at Auburn, who will be looking for work soon, or the talent like Chip Kelly at Notre Dame,who will also be looking for work soon,that would be scary. Our offensive coordinators are alright but you can definitely tell there are lulls in consistent play calling and some times you are left just thinking," what on earth was that"; and then they do something really good and you are like, "yea, you are finally getting it that you need to run the ball and pass it down field". And then you get an RPO that goes for negative two, when an improvisation by Kelly would have been much better. Clearly, talent has overcome coaching on offense.However, BV and his crew now are the real deal!

*** If you are going to come on here and troll, please show some style. Best is the standard.

Re: Trust Coach BV

Sep 13, 2017, 8:02 AM

Good point. BV never gets fooled by the same thing twice.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trust Coach BV

Sep 13, 2017, 8:53 AM

Exactly. Think about how many teams tried that shovel pass after the pitt game. They got shut down every time.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic