Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump's biggest flaw in my view (beside tweets)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1,051

Trump's biggest flaw in my view (beside tweets)

Jun 18, 2020, 9:32 AM

He needs to learn how to hire better.

You can talk about how incompetent Bolton was, but you hired him! He was fired by George Bush, but for some reason you thought it was a good idea to hire him. He doesn't even align w/ Trump on many of his views. He's a war monger and Trump is very vocal about wanting to get out of wars. Which I agree with.

If you want to drain the swamp, then it is best not to hire swamp creatures.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump's biggest flaw in my view (beside tweets)

Jun 18, 2020, 9:52 AM

Either they were all dopes before he hired them, or became Dopes during their time in the administration. Each option reflects poorly on the prez.

Bolton has always been a turd who loves war. This has been known a long time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2020, 9:58 AM

Is no one wants to work for him. He's hired the best and brightest, and summarily dismissed them one by one as they invariably will disagree with him at some point. His cabinet has devolved into a bunch of "yes men/women". You see it in the CDC director especially. He's weak. Good and qualified generals from the military have left. Latest will probably leave as he was used for a photo op. Trump's a poor leader. He's right on most issues, but we sold our soul to a bad leader of people to get the right take on the issues. Just how I see it. Trump wan't my first choice. He's a populist/opportunist who knows what's popular, but lacks the knowledge of WHY it's popular. Just my $0.02 on Trump fwiw.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2020, 10:07 AM

To me, he's a perfect example of what you get when you do binary politics. You get partisan obliterators who can rally the base...or you get weak compromise candidates who make no one happy.

We really have to get ranked choice voting into the national election...and force people to run for something as opposed to against the perceived "other side". Completely changes the character of the people who successfully secure a party's nomination.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2020, 2:19 PM

quozzel said:

To me, he's a perfect example of what you get when you do binary politics. You get partisan obliterators who can rally the base...or you get weak compromise candidates who make no one happy.

We really have to get ranked choice voting into the national election...and force people to run for something as opposed to against the perceived "other side". Completely changes the character of the people who successfully secure a party's nomination.

To your point, there is a new book out by Steve Benen called "Imposters, How the GOP quit governing and seized American Politics." In it he argues that the GOP has become a post-policy Party that seeks only to get and retain power.
He argues:
"Despite having billed itself as the "party of ideas", the GOP has walked away from the hard but necessary work of policymaking. It is disdainful of expertise and hostile toward evidence and arithmetic. It is tethered to few, if any, meaningful policy preferences. It does not know and does not care, how competing proposals should be crafted, scrutinized, or implemented. This policy nihilism dominated the party's posture throughout Barack Obama's presidency, which, in turn, opened the door to Donald Trump who has cemented the GOP's post-policy status in a way that was difficult even to imagine a few years ago.

The implications of this approach to governance are all-encompassing. Voters routinely elect Republicans such as Mitch McConnell and Mike Pence to powerful offices, expecting GOP policymakers to have the technocratic wherewithal to identify problems, weigh alternative solutions, forge coalitions, accept compromises, and apply some level of governmental competence, if not expertise. The Party has consistently proven those hopes misguided"

I would argue that Dems have come to mirror them. It's all about Party and Power, not policymaking.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So aside from PR and hiring, hows the executive doing?***

Jun 18, 2020, 10:11 AM

Re: So aside from PR and hiring, hows the executive doing?***

Jun 18, 2020, 10:19 AM

robertn said:

Great

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So aside from PR and hiring, hows the executive doing?***

Jun 18, 2020, 10:19 AM [ in reply to So aside from PR and hiring, hows the executive doing?*** ]

Good

Jun 18, 2020, 10:16 AM

promises made, promises kept

no foolish never ending wars

bolton should have paid attention during his interview

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Weird, he promised Mexico was going to pay for the wall.***

Jun 18, 2020, 10:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Weird, he promised Mexico was going to pay for the wall.***

Jun 18, 2020, 10:43 AM

you believed that?

dang

"promises made, promises kept"***

Jun 18, 2020, 10:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "promises made, promises kept"***

Jun 18, 2020, 10:47 AM

you probably still have that hook you swallered about keeping your doctor

Oh man, jumping right into the logical fallacies already.***

Jun 18, 2020, 10:48 AM

And lock up Hillary. And pass an infrastructure bill. And replace

Jun 18, 2020, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Weird, he promised Mexico was going to pay for the wall.*** ]

Obamacare. And many other things.

Re: And lock up Hillary. And pass an infrastructure bill. And replace

Jun 18, 2020, 10:48 AM

crooked comey
congress should put the bill on his desk
john mccain

Jun 18, 2020, 10:53 AM

Trump's problem is that he is still hiring the same bureaucrats that have done nothing for decades. They all hate Trump after a while because he actually expects them to do work. They just wanted to go to D.C. parties and mingle with the rich folk.

Jun 18, 2020, 1:19 PM

There have been times Trump made phenomenal hires.

Jun 18, 2020, 10:54 AM

Jim Mattis. John Kelly. Gary Cohn. I would argue Nikki Haley for the job she did.

Those great hires have something in common. They realized how horrible this presidency is and they GTFO.

But yes, he's made some awful ones, like Bannon and Steven Miller. Trump never intended to drain any swamp and has only made it filled with more gators.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Jun 18, 2020, 1:51 PM

He needs to learn how to hire better.

You can talk about how incompetent Bolton was, but you hired him! He was fired by George Bush, but for some reason you thought it was a good idea to hire him. He doesn't even align w/ Trump on many of his views. He's a war monger and Trump is very vocal about wanting to get out of wars. Which I agree with.

If you want to drain the swamp, then it is best not to hire swamp creatures.

I agree with that. Bolton has long been a far-right war hawk and was instrumental in getting us into Iraq. There is no love lost seeing him slink away into history from most Reps and Dems.

However, Mattis, Kelly and McMaster...were good hires.

And if you want to see one of the greatest tank battles ever, see the video below. McMaster commanded a platoon of M1A1 Tanks and obliterated dozens and dozens of Republican Guard Tanks and armor. It's amazing if you like that sort of stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJNk7DcFIkk

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1,051
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic