Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't think lockdowns will stay in place anywhere more that 4 more weeks, but...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 749

I don't think lockdowns will stay in place anywhere more that 4 more weeks, but...

May 1, 2020, 8:44 AM

Do you think people will riot in mass if it goes longer than that?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No.***

May 1, 2020, 8:46 AM

what do you mean by No?***

May 1, 2020, 9:29 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't think there would enough people

May 1, 2020, 3:40 PM

angry enough to make for mass riots/protests.

how does one riot during a lockdown?***

May 1, 2020, 8:50 AM

Re: how does one riot during a lockdown?***

May 1, 2020, 9:35 AM

They wouldn't follow the lockdown obviously.

Re: I don't think lockdowns will stay in place anywhere more that 4 more weeks, but...

May 1, 2020, 8:50 AM

Yes

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Masks should be required when rioting. And gloves.

May 1, 2020, 9:00 AM

Have some consideration for fellow rioters!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should they wear black hoods like Antifa too?

May 1, 2020, 9:55 AM

I haven't seen any riots among the protesters.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hoods optional. But shirts & shoes required for restaurants.

May 1, 2020, 10:12 AM

Protesting and rioting can work up an appetite.

I always like a piece of Dutch apple pie and coffee after shouting insults at people I don’t know.

Probably not. We can't really go another 4 weeks anyway

May 1, 2020, 9:00 AM

First off, we never really and truly locked down. Second, we never even followed the rules of the partial shutdown. Third, we found the threshold somewhere with the levels we took, so we can let more people and businesses return, but with continued restrictions. I don't think we'll see "business as usual" for a long time. I also think masks and testing are the two things we need a LOT MORE of to help us return to work as much as possible. Both will pay for themselves by allowing increased economic activity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Probably not. We can't really go another 4 weeks anyway

May 1, 2020, 9:03 AM

I havent been to a restaurant
I cant take my kids to a playground
I cant gather with my friends in my driveway
I have to stand in line to get groceries
I have been questioned by a local officer on my intentions on being out.

Who isnt following the rules? Who isnt on lockdown?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

people are getting arrested at parks, surfing, etc..

May 1, 2020, 9:26 AM

cause going to grocery store is more safe than being alone on a surfboard in the of the ocean or being alone with your daughter in the middle of a football field.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm in SC. No one locked down here anyway. No one stopped

May 1, 2020, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Probably not. We can't really go another 4 weeks anyway ]

anyone. The only people who complied were the businesses. We barely managed to flatten our curve here in SC on April 1, when people actually did a better job staying home. First 2-3 weeks we stayed put relatively well (50% reduction in traffic). Then it fell apart the past two weeks, even before. Traffic is probably 85-90% of normal now at least in my area. Initially people were more compliant than the governor asked. Then when the governor shut things down, they became less compliant.

That's why you will likely see SC, GA, etc. having increased cases in the next few weeks.

Sounds like you should move down here. Your governor did go WAY too far though. That crap wouldn't fly here at all. Then again we'd never elect your governor ;)

Still, I'd rather see us reopen with continued precautions. Work from home if possible. Everyone has and wears masks. No large groups of people. Keep a distance. You can open up a lot with just those precautions, and the masks would make that scenario just as effective as a shut down. The problem will be sporting events, concerts, bars, schools, and restaurants. As for restaurants and bars, no big loss for me. Don't go to bars much at all or restaurants. Grew up eating at home. It's been nice. I've saved a ton of money and lost weight, and am eating FAR healthier. We went to restaurants maybe once a month growing up. Our yard is a playground. Kids have gone to the lake, shooting clays, we've done lots social distancing. They do miss playing with friends though, and I miss some income driving and meeting people in person in their homes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On parole with several restraining orders, I feel your pain.

May 1, 2020, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Probably not. We can't really go another 4 weeks anyway ]

And It itches under this #### ankle bracelet.

dont lump SC in with rest of country

May 1, 2020, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Probably not. We can't really go another 4 weeks anyway ]

the only place we have open is Lowes and grocery stores. oh and liqour and abortion clinics, but not doctors offices. :)

serially tho, we're pretty locked down.

Re: I don't think lockdowns will stay in place anywhere more that 4 more weeks, but...

May 1, 2020, 9:21 AM

It more of a suggestion in most places, quasi lockdowns. Not that much different where I am, only thing has been restaurants and malls. Neither of which i frequent.

May 1, 2020, 9:37 AM

Read tigermanac above. Also, how about jobs? Some people think jobs and the economy matter. Those crazies.

Trump thinks he can't win if he can't hold rallies.

May 1, 2020, 9:27 AM

Gotta get these states out of lockdown first.

Trump has no control over when states reopen.***

May 1, 2020, 9:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2020, 9:54 AM

Most places will open up in two weeks. NY, Cali and a few others hold out for federal bailouts.

I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.***

May 1, 2020, 11:01 AM

Is that you, Mitch?***

May 1, 2020, 11:04 AM

Re: I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.***

May 1, 2020, 11:06 AM [ in reply to I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.*** ]

Looting

Re: I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.***

May 1, 2020, 11:06 AM [ in reply to I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.*** ]

Looting

Replies: 24
| visibility 749
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic