Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump lawyers drop PA claim about unwatched vote counting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Trump lawyers drop PA claim about unwatched vote counting

Nov 16, 2020, 8:42 AM

Ahead of a Tuesday hearing in the case, Trump’s campaign dropped the allegation that hundreds of thousands of mail-in and absentee ballots — 682,479, to be precise — were illegally processed without its representatives watching.

A key theme of Trump and his supporters has been their claim that Philadelphia — a Democratic bastion where Trump lost badly — had not allowed Trump's campaign representatives to watch mail-in and absentee ballots processed and tabulated.

However, Republican lawyers have acknowledged in a separate federal court proceeding that they had certified observers watching mail-in ballots being processed in Philadelphia. Gov. Tom Wolf's administration has said that ballot watchers from all parties had observers throughout the process and that “any insinuation otherwise is a lie.”

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump lawyers drop PA claim about unwatched vote counting

Nov 16, 2020, 8:50 AM

Shocking. It's all leading nowhere. It's all just a way for Trump to act like he fought for it. Trump knows he is done.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was the main argument the Trumpers on P&R were holding onto

Nov 16, 2020, 9:08 AM

Have they accepted results of election yet?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That was the main argument the Trumpers on P&R were holding onto

Nov 16, 2020, 9:27 AM

Nope

Nov 16, 2020, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump lawyers drop PA claim about unwatched vote counting ]

Carl,

I am not sure about Trump. If you or I were in his position, we would certainly understand that all of these lawsuits were fruitless, But I am not sure That Donald Trump can accept defeat - or ever has. He even sees his multiple bankruptcies as victories.

He has already repeatedly proven that his relationship with reality is tenuous at best. But a reality in which he, Donald J Trump, is a loser may be beyond his capacity (like so many other things).

Nov 16, 2020, 12:59 PM

He is also raising a bunch of money due to it as well supposedly.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/12/trump-fraud-claims-fundraising-436188

Nov 16, 2020, 11:36 AM

Bite that MSM hook, sheep.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-campaign-pennsylvania-lawsuit-washington-post-report

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2020, 11:40 AM

You forgot to read your own article, Keowee.

What the Post and Politico reports get right, however, is that the crux of the amended complaint removed claims regarding those allegations. The original complaint included a count of "Invalid Enactment of Regulations Affecting Observation and Monitoring of the Election," referencing the alleged lack of adequate observation in claiming a violation of the Fourteenth Amendment's right to due process. The new complaint has that entire section taken out, with no counts listed that reference poll watching or the 680,770 ballots.

Additionally, the original complaint requested relief that included preventing the certification of election results that included the counting of ballots that "watchers were prevented from observing," but the amended complaint does not include this or anything resembling that request.

Instead, where the amended complaint requests relief the only specific ballots mentioned are those that allegedly were "improperly permitted to be cured." This is a reference to allegations that voters in some counties who submitted invalid mail-in ballots were notified before Election Day so that they could cast provisional ballots instead, even though state law says that ballots should not be processed before Election Day.

Pennsylvania Secretary of State Kathy Boockvar filed a motion to dismiss the amended complaint on Sunday, claiming that the campaign's new filing "adds no new claims for relief and instead materially narrows the pending allegations to a single claim under the same theory alleged in the original complaint."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Nov 16, 2020, 11:46 PM

spoon,

Wait a minute ! You mean there was an article beyond the headline !? W T F ??

You're believing Giuliani now?

Nov 16, 2020, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump lawyers drop PA claim about unwatched vote counting ]

I mean, just read the amended documents. Even Fox says the same thing.

Not sure why this is so hard to understand

Nov 16, 2020, 12:24 PM

Re: Not sure why this is so hard to understand

Nov 16, 2020, 12:46 PM

Are there any relevant PA cases remaining?

Nov 16, 2020, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Not sure why this is so hard to understand ]

Here were the two quoted before:

Re: Which two are the relevant PA cases? Posted: Nov 11, 2020 9:20 PM

The Dem appeal at the PA Supreme Court about the 6 ft court order and the federal case filed yesterday that mentions the inability to properly observe and the unconstitutional election changes made by the Sec of State and the court. A win of either of those would be significant, especially the second one.

Read all you want

Nov 16, 2020, 1:10 PM

The WaPo is right.

Nov 16, 2020, 1:31 PM

The counts involving the right of observers have been deleted. The fact that there are still allegations in the complaint does change the fact that the claims have been withdrawn. The WaPo correctly explained that the remaining claims are about disparate treatment under Equal Protection.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Tomato tomahto I guess

Nov 16, 2020, 2:06 PM

Re: Tomato tomahto I guess

Nov 16, 2020, 2:14 PM

You can read it however you want, but they deleted counts. That means they abandoned claims. And the claims they abandoned were based on the issue with observers.

I don't know how you're referring to something as "alternative relief" when it's in separate counts that are 100% consistent with the counts remaining. Alternative counts are generally inconsistent with the primary relief. Here, if I'm not mistaken, the observer counts were among the first counts in the original complaint. Not alternative at all.

- Jonathan Swift

I was referring to the attached

Nov 16, 2020, 2:31 PM

I can’t help but think Trimp

Nov 16, 2020, 1:30 PM

Is just trying to continue with the manufactured chaos and uncertainty with hopes that Republican state legislatures in the contested states assigns the electors and sends the whole thing to the house...a very slim, but still possible path to victory from what I have read.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic