Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dems scrambling to bail Biden out of debates
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 81
| visibility 1

Dems scrambling to bail Biden out of debates

Aug 3, 2020, 2:19 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dems scrambling to bail Biden out of debates

Aug 3, 2020, 2:22 PM

no debates and let the post office handle the election

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agreed....

Aug 3, 2020, 2:28 PM

just turn on the news and they can inform me on the candidates.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the argument cannot be made...

Aug 3, 2020, 2:26 PM

at least honestly, when you already had democratic debates for the primary.

The only argument is that they may be possibly too revealing, not unrevealing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you can have a funeral for Lewis but not a debate for Prez***

Aug 3, 2020, 4:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joe Lockhart said the same:

Aug 3, 2020, 2:28 PM

https://nypost.com/2020/08/03/biden-shouldnt-debate-trump-clintons-ex-wh-spokesman-says/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would be a smart move for Biden to bail out, IMO

Aug 3, 2020, 2:35 PM

Trump is making a grand fool of himself every time he opens his mouth or Tweets. Why risk doing the same in a debate with him or making him look better?

Just keep sitting back and let him screw up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: It would be a smart move for Biden to bail out, IMO

Aug 3, 2020, 2:36 PM

True, and if you are incoherent and talk in word salad, you should not debate.

Exactly.

Aug 3, 2020, 2:46 PM

Trump is getting dashed in the polls and keeps making his situation worse. It would be very stupid of Biden to get on camera and start looking incompetent as well. If he were trailing Trump, I'd argue he needs to debate.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Is that how we do it now?

Aug 3, 2020, 2:50 PM

Re: Is that how we do it now?

Aug 3, 2020, 2:59 PM

I would say anyone has a right not to debate. How are you going to force someone to debate?

All I'm saying that if you're in a substantial lead, and your opponent is on the center stage making a fool of himself, and you struggle with speaking eloquently in a debate setting, don't risk messing this up by getting up on the stage.

If you have a commanding lead in the second half and your QB has a tendency to throw a lot of picks, are you going to put the ball in the air?

Except...everyone knows he's a senile vegetable

Aug 3, 2020, 3:06 PM

No doubt he'll catch a lot of criticism...

Aug 3, 2020, 3:16 PM

From Trump, Fox, Trump supporters, GOP, and the like. But it's unlikely to sway independents back to the Trump disaster, and it won't be long before Trump does something stupid again to overshadow Biden bowing out. It's a calculated risk but probably a smart one on Biden's part.

Re: No doubt he'll catch a lot of criticism...

Aug 3, 2020, 3:44 PM

You sound like the SEC canceling out of conference football games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That analogy makes zero sense.***

Aug 3, 2020, 3:47 PM

yes, if you are a brain dead liberal***

Aug 4, 2020, 2:39 AM [ in reply to Is that how we do it now? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It would be a smart move for Biden to bail out, IMO

Aug 3, 2020, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Re: It would be a smart move for Biden to bail out, IMO ]

you're talking about Trump, right?

That man is incapable of stringing together any coherent sentences

It doesn't really matter at this point

Aug 3, 2020, 9:17 PM [ in reply to It would be a smart move for Biden to bail out, IMO ]

The majority of independents have already decided on Biden and aren't changing unless something way worse than Tara Reade's story comes out. On the other side, more revelations about Trump are expected in October, maybe just to put the nail in his coffin. They better be careful, though. He might decide to prove he's as crazy as we think he is.

I voted for Trump in 2016, but likely won't in 2020. But

Aug 4, 2020, 9:13 AM [ in reply to It would be a smart move for Biden to bail out, IMO ]

if Biden were to refuse to debate - I would vote for Trump again and so should everyone else.

(I don't think that will happen by the way - it's just the media stirring up stuff to get people "outraged" - Biden will do the debates.)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I voted for Trump in 2016, but likely won't in 2020. But

Aug 4, 2020, 10:24 AM

No, that's not a valid reason to go running back to Trump.

I kindly disagree. If you're not willing to debate - then

Aug 4, 2020, 11:09 AM

you can't be my President. If you're too scared to talk the issues, then you are definitely too scared to be President.

I was voting for Hillary before the debates in 2016.

Big problem here

Aug 4, 2020, 9:29 PM [ in reply to I voted for Trump in 2016, but likely won't in 2020. But ]

There isn't enough room in Hel| for that many two-time Trump voters. And when there's no more room in Hel|, the dead will walk the earth.

Solid point...***

Aug 4, 2020, 9:58 PM

That would be giving control to Trump.

Aug 4, 2020, 11:10 PM [ in reply to It would be a smart move for Biden to bail out, IMO ]

You may think he's screwing himself not but it's pretty narrow thinking to believe he can't turn this around. Maybe he can't but it's not logical to give him the opportunity. That's like punting on second down because you have a great defense and your offense sucks out loud.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2020, 2:36 PM

New Executive Order:

Cannot be sworn in as POTUS without debating.

Aug 3, 2020, 5:51 PM

Or sharing tax returns.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ll add as a never Trumper, I won’t vote for Biden if he

Aug 3, 2020, 2:37 PM

doesn’t debate and show some semblance of being mentally able.

I’ll write in Keef:

https://www.keithrichards.com/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’ll add as a never Trumper, I won’t vote for Biden if he

Aug 3, 2020, 3:07 PM

I'd write in a potted cactus, needs far less attention than trump and will outlive Biden.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2020, 2:44 PM

What would the headlines say if it was Trump or his people trying to cancel debates? LOL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just look back four years***

Aug 3, 2020, 9:18 PM

I kind of don't care...

Aug 3, 2020, 2:47 PM

when is the last time we had a substantive exchange of ideas at a presidential debate? 1980 maybe?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I honestly don't think that has been the point recently...

Aug 3, 2020, 2:51 PM

I think everybody these days in our 24/7 connected world are aware of the ideas. I think people need to see how their officials behave on the hot seat. It is a part of the job.

If I were voting for Biden, I wouldn't want him to debate either. But I think they should.

I learned enough in the 2016 debates to hold my nose and

Aug 4, 2020, 11:22 AM [ in reply to I kind of don't care... ]

vote for Trump. I think the debates are very important.

They should let his VP debate Trump

Aug 3, 2020, 2:48 PM

Thats who will be president if Biden wins.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Biden should agree to one debate if Trump releases his tax

Aug 3, 2020, 2:51 PM

returns. Otherwise, there's no reason for Biden to do any debates.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guarantee you not debating will hurt him as bad or worse

Aug 3, 2020, 2:53 PM

Yes they do. That's why Trump is polling so badly and

Aug 3, 2020, 2:56 PM

getting worse.

Look at the average and the graph

Now click you heels together three times and repeat

Aug 3, 2020, 3:01 PM

"there's no place like home..."

Not everybody is an uninformed conspiracy mongering Trumpkin.

Andddd that's when I know I've won the argument.

Aug 3, 2020, 3:03 PM

That's one thing you have in common with Trump.

Aug 3, 2020, 3:05 PM

Even when you get your ### kicked, you declare victory.

Re: That's one thing you have in common with Trump.

Aug 3, 2020, 3:09 PM

I'm surprised by the confidence that Biden will win, 2016

Aug 3, 2020, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Now click you heels together three times and repeat ]

would make me nervous if I was supporting Biden.

Especially if you look at it superficially and pretend that

Aug 3, 2020, 4:42 PM

2018 never happened.

2010 didn't keep Obama from winning in 2012***

Aug 3, 2020, 4:46 PM

Perhaps you will convince yourself.

Aug 3, 2020, 4:54 PM

But, you're running out of time.

Guess I'm not one to be overconfident - as you seem to be

Aug 3, 2020, 5:21 PM

at this point. I'm not confident Trump will win, but you are very confident Biden will.

With Trump and his disdain for laws and ethics, anything can

Aug 3, 2020, 6:05 PM

happen. No telling what levels of corruption he is capable of.

But, I am confident that Trump will lose because the American People have seen what he is and they don't like it. It's hard to see where Trump will find his footing in the next 100 days given how the polling shows the American People don't rate him favorably on any issues. He's fallen behind Behind on the economy.

As long as he keeps going on TV and flailing wildly, while doing absolutely nothing about the Covid crisis, look for those numbers to continue to fall.

They are

Aug 3, 2020, 4:43 PM [ in reply to I'm surprised by the confidence that Biden will win, 2016 ]

if I could broker a deal...

Aug 3, 2020, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Biden should agree to one debate if Trump releases his tax ]

Trump tax records for one debate + Biden's cognitive test results.

That would be perfect.

The truth would be known, which is never a good thing for Trump.

deal***

What do his tax returns have to do with anything?***

Aug 3, 2020, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Biden should agree to one debate if Trump releases his tax ]

They will show those line items saying

Aug 3, 2020, 3:13 PM

He sure is putting up a fight against NY prosecutors

Aug 3, 2020, 3:22 PM

just to withhold harmless information.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wonder why?

Aug 3, 2020, 3:25 PM

Yes because the IRS and Feds haven't already had his tax

Aug 3, 2020, 3:29 PM [ in reply to He sure is putting up a fight against NY prosecutors ]

So why is he fighting so hard to stop them?***

Aug 3, 2020, 3:32 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For exactly what I said

Aug 3, 2020, 3:34 PM

But you said there's nothing to be leaked.***

Aug 3, 2020, 3:58 PM

What if there’s absolutely nothing illegal but his

Aug 3, 2020, 4:13 PM

Ah, I see. Yeah, I agree that's plausible.***

Aug 3, 2020, 4:23 PM

Tax returns are like presidential debates.

Aug 3, 2020, 3:15 PM [ in reply to What do his tax returns have to do with anything?*** ]

No matter how badly the incumbent president needs the debates, neither are required to be elected president.

Thats not a very coherent statement.

Aug 4, 2020, 10:26 AM

Tax returns play absolutely no value if a person can be a successful president; how and what they answer in a debate is a definite indicator.

Does it matter since we're already scrapping the election?***

Aug 3, 2020, 3:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly it would be hard for anyone to debate Trump.

Aug 3, 2020, 3:18 PM

I mean Biden will do especially poorly because of his mental state, but I can’t imagine anyone would want to debate Trump. It wouldn’t be an actual debate. He will just attack people and call them names, make up stats and lie, and never actually answer the question. Very rarely does he actually answer the question that’s asked of him. I don’t know how anyone would actually debate him in a constructive way, he’s not capable of that.

Trump is way more incontinent than he was 4 years ago

Aug 3, 2020, 9:25 PM

60-90 minutes on a stage and even astronaut-grade diapers aren't going to protect him.

How is it possible to debate somebody who

Aug 3, 2020, 3:20 PM

utterly refuses to tell the truth?

You don't debate a 5 year old covered in mud when they say they haven't been in the mud.

I like your funny words magic man

maybe Biden doesn't remember getting in the mud***

Aug 4, 2020, 6:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the debates are like the ones from last

Aug 3, 2020, 3:25 PM

time, we'd be better of without them.

The duets they sang were pretty good, though.

Aug 3, 2020, 3:28 PM

Islands in the Stream or Endless Love?***

Aug 3, 2020, 4:16 PM

Re: Islands in the Stream or Endless Love?***

Aug 3, 2020, 9:02 PM

(I've Had) The Time of My Life

If we don't have debates then how will the snowflakes

Aug 3, 2020, 3:27 PM

throw temper tantrums about how unfair the moderators were and Joe Biden got all the easy questions and it was awesome how Trump mentioned Biden's #### size?

I suppose in a manner debating...

Aug 3, 2020, 3:53 PM

someone who has moderately to severely diminished cognitive facilities is unfair.

I would suggest Biden should have already debated Trump and given the MSM plenty of time to point out how bad orange man lied and cheated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...my candidate doesn't have Alzheimer's as much as

Aug 4, 2020, 12:58 AM

your candidate does!

Did it bother you when Trump skipped debates last time?***

Aug 4, 2020, 7:52 AM

Trump skipped debates last time?***

Aug 4, 2020, 10:27 AM

He sure did.***

Aug 4, 2020, 10:42 AM

Republican debate***

Aug 4, 2020, 11:23 PM

Re: Did it bother you when Trump skipped debates last time?***

Aug 4, 2020, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Did it bother you when Trump skipped debates last time?*** ]

Did he skip any with Democratic Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton?

No, talking about primary debates.

Aug 4, 2020, 11:14 AM

You can't "skip" a 2-person debate because each person has to agree to it to begin with.

Replies: 81
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic