Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump is effing up again.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Trump is effing up again.

Jun 5, 2020, 10:31 AM

We added 2.5 million manufacturing jobs in May. If this continues Joe can run on a platform of 'We don't need Trump anymore, the economy is as good as it can be. Trump needs to raise taxes and defund police in all major cities so dems won't have any reason to come out and vote.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump is effing up again.

Jun 5, 2020, 10:45 AM

Yeah, because stuff started opening back up.

We're still at 13.3% unemployment. Yay. That's still brutal...and guess what, it doesn't have a whole lot to do with Trump either and everything to do with the Coronavirus shutdown.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And low oil prices shutting down domestic production

Jun 5, 2020, 11:12 AM

It ain’t all about C19....

Re: And low oil prices shutting down domestic production

Jun 5, 2020, 2:12 PM

bengaline said:

It ain’t all about C19....

Actually low oil prices stimulate the economy and lead to lower prices. The cost of moving products to market affects a much wider swath of the economy than those employed in the oil drilling bidnez.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2020, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump is effing up again. ]

quozzel said:

We're still at 13.3% unemployment. Yay. That's still brutal...and guess what, it doesn't have a whole lot to do with Trump either and everything to do with the Coronavirus shutdown.

I don't know what your record has been on the economy, Trump, and Covid.

But I expect to see a ton of responses like this from the same people that has blamed Trump for the economy crashing due to covid.

And if liberals had their way, we would still be locked down. So I think this bounce back does have a lot to do with how Trump handled the Pandemic.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2020, 11:29 AM

quozzel said:

I don't know what your record has been on the economy, Trump, and Covid.

But I expect to see a ton of responses like this from the same people that has blamed Trump for the economy crashing due to covid.

And if liberals had their way, we would still be locked down. So I think this bounce back does have a lot to do with how Trump handled the Pandemic.

That is true. Felix has been harping on and on about Trumps covid 19 job crash.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most Americans are not stupid.

Jun 5, 2020, 11:55 AM

Everyone knows the virus came from China, Chicom refused to warn the world about the outbreak and distributed the virus all over the globe.

Anyone denying that is a liar and has no truth in them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2020, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump is effing up again. ]

Oh, no, my man. Keep in mind I'm a dedicated fence-sitter and I refuse to have a tribe.

Presidents catch too much blame for bad economies and reap too much credit for good ones. There's literally thousands of factors that go into the economy and the president only controls a handful. Congress controls a lot more...and technology and international events far beyond the control of any one nation - even America - control far more.

Also, it's plenty easy to do things that stimulate the economy for the short term but are bad over the long term...in much the same way you can pour 30-0-0 fertilizer on a lawn. Which gives you a great lawn for one season and then burns up your root system and that's it, no more lawn. (My feeling a ton of the things Trump supposedly "does for the economy" are along these lines, personally, but that's just one man's observation.)

Re-opening was always going to be - and remains - a crapshoot because we don't know enough about Covid-19 to know how it's going to behave. It definitely appears to be slacking over the summer but experts are very concerned we're going to get another big hit in November or December too, which is how most pandemics seem to happen.

I guess we'll see where things stand then. I myself make no predictions.

Did he actually DO anything?

Jun 5, 2020, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump is effing up again. ]

The governors actually handled or mishandled the pandemic, depending on the state. The president refused to do anything except prance around in front the cameras and feed disinformation to his idiot followers.

Jun 5, 2020, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump is effing up again. ]

quozzel said:

Wrong. If it's good, Trump did it. If it's bad, Dems did it.

What part of elevating a terrible, morally corrupt leader who in no way reflects Christian values and has no real grasp of governing or leadership didn't you understand?

You're just not following Hannity and Ingraham enough Quoz. Keep it up and we're going to take back your magic GOP decoder ring.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I find it unfortunate that Trump isn't taking...

Jun 5, 2020, 10:48 AM

this opportunity to unite. I realize in the media he can do nothing right, but he doesn't help himself by his brutish behavior. I know a lot of people who love the "I'm sticking to my guns - if you don't like it, screw off.."

But imagine these crises and the great opportunity to unite people. With his successes in other areas, he could make it happen if he wasn't such a jerk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I find it unfortunate that Trump isn't taking...

Jun 5, 2020, 11:51 AM

The first 10 minutes of Trump speech to NASA on Saturday was as close to perfect as Trump can get. I think about two people here caught it.

I didn't see and I realize...

Jun 5, 2020, 12:14 PM

that 99% of what I do catch is produced for my consumption...

I have seen Trump say the right thing, problem is I've seen him argumentative the rest of the time. That plays well to those that do not care about consensus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He ordered an FBI investigation (1) into the murder of...

Jun 5, 2020, 12:21 PM

Floyd that weekend.

Trump could back off. He, just as I, is likely to be a victim of the rhetoric that 'if you disapprove of the riots you are against the peaceful protest.' I stand firm with peaceful protesters, always have, always will with or without my support for their cause.

1. Actually, he ordered AG Barr to investigate.

Re: I find it unfortunate that Trump isn't taking...

Jun 5, 2020, 1:06 PM [ in reply to I find it unfortunate that Trump isn't taking... ]

this opportunity to unite. I realize in the media he can do nothing right, but he doesn't help himself by his brutish behavior. I know a lot of people who love the "I'm sticking to my guns - if you don't like it, screw off.."

But imagine these crises and the great opportunity to unite people. With his successes in other areas, he could make it happen if he wasn't such a jerk.

Agree that Trump has a hard time of uniting. BUt you could say the same for the other side as well. Every question the media asks him is hateful and divisive. Disgraceful questions.

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1268925720144818178?s=20

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2020, 11:27 AM

the man is absolutely kicking butt

a mere mortal would have us all in the poor house

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

New jobs or just people returning to their existing jobs?

Jun 5, 2020, 2:22 PM

I also thought it 2.5 million total, not 2.5 manufacturing jobs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correction: NOT 2.5MM manufacturing jobs

Jun 5, 2020, 4:30 PM

1.4MM: bars and restaurants,
464k: construction
424k: education and health
368k: retail
272k: other services
225k: manufacturing

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive