Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump extends social distancing guidelines until April 30. Thank you Mr. President.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

Trump extends social distancing guidelines until April 30. Thank you Mr. President.

Mar 29, 2020, 6:48 PM

In a recent press conference he stated safety and lives were more important than the economy. This is absolutely the right call if your top priority is health. You can argue all day long about whether or not we should crash the economy to save older folks who are not contributing to it, but that’s for another day. He looked at the data and information around the virus projections and health, and made a big statement with this decision.

I criticize Trump all the time for various different reasons, but I can also see when he does make a good decision. This was the right call for health, and I’m impressed he made it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guess who gets to go out and make a buck to eat...

Mar 29, 2020, 6:50 PM

while my "technical" employer provides me with no protection?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You done spent yo Obama money, bro?***

Mar 29, 2020, 6:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where? Beer?***

Mar 29, 2020, 6:54 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Subcontractors qualify for unemployment and your check is...

Mar 29, 2020, 7:03 PM

for more than your pay. You dog, you make bank then have an extra 600 bucks to spend on snob beer and munchies.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have to go into that #### to keep my job lol***

Mar 29, 2020, 7:04 PM

Not if you're doing it for self preservation.

Mar 29, 2020, 7:23 PM

That's what Graham was whining about. You can walk off your job, claim a fever and draw a check for 600 bucks more than you would have made working. Reckon why he's crying?

Are child support payments included? lololololll***

Mar 29, 2020, 7:25 PM

Unfortunately not.

Mar 29, 2020, 7:36 PM

You'll still have to pay out of pocket for hookers and blow. Life's hard and you're gonna have to walk hard.

Re: Unfortunately not.

Mar 29, 2020, 7:40 PM

https://youtu.be/7pnuW8V8obc

Isn’t unemployment about to help your family?***

Mar 29, 2020, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Not if you're doing it for self preservation. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'm not unemployed.***

Mar 29, 2020, 8:03 PM

Re: i'm not unemployed.***

Mar 29, 2020, 9:17 PM

I was responding to CT88***

Mar 30, 2020, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Isn’t unemployment about to help your family?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Subcontractors qualify for unemployment and your check is...

Apr 1, 2020, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Subcontractors qualify for unemployment and your check is... ]

for more than your pay. You dog, you make bank then have an extra 600 bucks to spend on snob beer and munchies.

And it came out of a Republican Senate and signed by a Republican President. What now? You have 1 foot on the dock and 1 foot in the boat...and the winds blowing the boat away from the dock. How can you defend such a massive giveaway by Republicans and conservatives? ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guess who gets to go out and make a buck to eat...

Mar 29, 2020, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Guess who gets to go out and make a buck to eat... ]

Nobody is currently able to supply PPE as it is all directed to medical staff. That is why any discussion of broadly opening the economy was silly, until employees can be given some form of protection it was delusional.

So some of us are just doing it for the greater good now?***

Mar 29, 2020, 7:20 PM

Re: So some of us are just doing it for the greater good now?***

Mar 29, 2020, 7:28 PM

Maybe not all but I head off each day to help provide air ambulance coverage to the greater community. Patient transfers, Darwin Award candidates and scoop and dash scene events. I do not need to work but it is the 1st time in my career it feels important. Far more so than doing really stupid stuff in central and South America. Then spending a lot of years going to get oil out the ground overseas. So yeah some of us trod our in the morning for the greater good

10-4 over***

Mar 29, 2020, 7:31 PM

Re: Trump extends social distancing guidelines until April 30. Thank you Mr. President.

Mar 29, 2020, 7:06 PM

"to save older folks who are not contributing"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cgrad19890, you are a highly misinformed *****.....

Mar 29, 2020, 7:06 PM

Older people have tremendous investment in this economy.
You think b/c someone is 65+ and/or retired that they aren’t contributing to the US economy?
They own businesses (I do), and continue to invest in commercial activities thru their portfolios...,
We’re you an arts major?

Of course he did. Why would anyone expect anything different

Mar 29, 2020, 7:09 PM

??? The whole politicizing human life vs. the economy is pathetic. There is no "solution" to this whole problem; a lot of people are going to suffer no matter what we do. There will be trade-offs either way, and people are going to beotch either way based purely on political grounds.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

My opinion is that sending our workforce back into action...

Mar 29, 2020, 7:34 PM

early would take our economy down quicker than shutting down for a month. I put nothing past Trump, he's all business, imo. It just so happens that protecting and providing for American lives is the exact way to benefit the economy the best.

Fauci is speculating a 200K lost of lives. If we come in under 50K dead Trump is a hero. If our economy is back on track in four months he looks like a genius. The economy doesn't have to fully recuperate it just needs to head toward growth by getting better by any measure.

With this lockdown I believe we can lose at or less than the numbers lost during the H1N1 epidemic. I think it will take 9+ months to return to where we were in 2019 4th quarter. That's after the virus is under control. It may last three months so spring or summer '21.

Fauci is not speculated 200,000 lost lives***

Mar 29, 2020, 7:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He wrote that in an article I posted and just said it on TV.

Mar 29, 2020, 7:42 PM

I think you're missing the speculation build into the model he used. He didn't say we are going to lose 200K American lives. He speculated while discussed models which we all understand have built in assumptions.

go back and pay attention to what he said

Mar 29, 2020, 8:06 PM

he said 100,000 to 200,000 MAY die.

So naturally you pick the high range and say he is speculation that that is how many will die.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I stand corrected.

Mar 29, 2020, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Fauci is not speculated 200,000 lost lives*** ]

You are correct. He didn't 'speculate.' He presented results of models which were speculative and qualified them. I was speculating that half of America would believe what CNN and the rest of the MSM will say about it, thus the elaborations in the post you addressed.

At some point work as usual will resume, and some people

Mar 29, 2020, 8:17 PM [ in reply to My opinion is that sending our workforce back into action... ]

will die because of it. It's inevitable. The only question, as Trump has pointed out, is when.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: My opinion is that sending our workforce back into action...

Apr 1, 2020, 9:47 PM [ in reply to My opinion is that sending our workforce back into action... ]

Well his previous statements were about trying to open up by Easter, so ya,

Mar 29, 2020, 8:13 PM [ in reply to Of course he did. Why would anyone expect anything different ]

I did expect something different. I also thought if he did extend it, it would be for two more weeks until mid-April. Which would have been fine, but he went even further. No “beotching” here, I’m truly impressed.

Sorry, had my Easter date wrong, thought it was a week earlier. Still a week

Mar 29, 2020, 8:15 PM

more than I expected from him.

He did exactly what he said he would do, except sooner.

Mar 29, 2020, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Well his previous statements were about trying to open up by Easter, so ya, ]

“I’d love to have it open by Easter, OK? I would love to have it open by Easter. I will tell you that right now,” Trump said from the White House Rose Garden, where he and members of the administration’s coronavirus task force participated in a virtual town hall on Fox News.

“It’s such an important day for other reasons, but I’ll make it an important day for this, too,” he added. “I would love to have the country opened up and just raring to go by Easter.”

And, from CNN: "I give it two weeks," Trump said earlier in the town hall, suggesting he was ready to phase out his 15-day self-isolating guidelines when they expire. "I guess by Monday or Tuesday, it's about two weeks. We will assess at that time and give it more time if we need a little more time. We have to open this country up."
But Trump said Monday that the health experts on his task force do not necessarily agree with his hope for a quick return to their jobs to boost the economy. Some Republicans on Capitol Hill, including Sen. Joni Ernst of Iowa and Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming, are also sounding the alarm.

Trump wants to open up the economy as soon as possible. Everybody wants to get back to normal as soon as possible. Don't you? Trump didn't say to #### with his advisors and medical experts. He didn't say to #### with sick people. He didn't say he was opening everything up by Easter. He said he'd like to, but would reassess by then and give it more time if needed. And that's what he did.

- H. L. Mencken

And I’m glad his reassessment led to closing until April 30.

Mar 30, 2020, 11:36 AM

I’m not sure why you’re upset, I’m not criticizing him. Yes he said he would hope to have it open by Easter but would reassess. But I didn’t expect him this early to close it by the end of the month. It’s not a given that his reassessment would end up extending the guidelines. You act like we should all expect him to make a rational decision based on facts. His presidency has showed us the complete opposite. It would not have surprised me to see him ignore the health consequences and open things up on Easter to get the economy going. Everything he has shown these last 3 years shows that you can’t expect him to make decisions based on facts or information, or what his advisors tell him.

Was this the rational decision? Yes. Would I have expected every other president to make it? Yes. Was it a given that Trump would make it? No. I’m glad he listened to the facts and his advisors and made the right call for safety not the economy.

LOL!

Apr 1, 2020, 5:18 PM

I'm not "upset". It was exactly what I expected him to do. Funny how libs still have no clue as Trump keeps right on rolling.

- H. L. Mencken

Not a “Lib.” Anti/Trump, yes, but Independent. And what dont

Apr 1, 2020, 8:00 PM

I have a clue on?

I’m glad you expected it. Many didn’t given his history, but I was pleasantly surprised to see it.

Re: Trump extends social distancing guidelines until April 30. Thank you Mr. President.

Mar 29, 2020, 7:14 PM

Proper call after previously making a bonehead statement about April 12th to talk up the market.

If he would just defer to the experts before publicly speaking he would be far better off.

We are in this long term and best hope currently is a reprieve when temps warm up and humidity increases. Labs show the virus transmissibility is cut way down but until we have a vaccine this will be looming.

Trump does listen to his medical experts, thus the 30-day

Mar 29, 2020, 9:54 PM

extention. He is the leader, however, and he ultimately calls the shots, not the experts. He does not and should not defer to them when it's time to make that decision; it's his job and his responsibility. They have their role, and he has his.

- H. L. Mencken

Hopefully all Americans will answer this call to “inaction”.

Mar 29, 2020, 7:35 PM

Hunker down - enact the physical distancing practices that will stymie this M F’ing virus.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sumbody tell DeBlasio and Cummo

Mar 29, 2020, 7:37 PM

https://twitter.com/keeltyc/status/1243650632692662272

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

And once again, all the complaining about the President

Mar 30, 2020, 9:04 AM

ignoring medical advice and "re-opening the country" was unfounded and premature, considering he hadn't done it yet.

This was always what was going to happen. We hope to "open up," but it was never a very likely scenario.

He may be the only person on the planet who gets...

Mar 30, 2020, 9:23 AM

trashed for sharing his aspirations. Imo, he is addressing this correctly. He hopes for the best with his words and prepares for the worst with his actions.

He needs to inspire those who are scared/discouraged

Mar 30, 2020, 10:41 AM

But when he does, he's doing it wrong, I guess????

so you are saying he is a flim flammin' flip-flopper***

Mar 30, 2020, 10:06 AM [ in reply to And once again, all the complaining about the President ]

^^^ I'm calling copyright infringement ^^^ ;~)***

Mar 30, 2020, 11:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right. What were we thinking going off of his word***

Mar 30, 2020, 10:08 AM [ in reply to And once again, all the complaining about the President ]

I like your funny words magic man

Honestly? If you've learned one thing about Trump...

Mar 30, 2020, 10:18 AM

shouldn't it have been to wait to see what he does rather than going off of what he says?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link to where he promised to "open up" the country?

Mar 30, 2020, 10:41 AM [ in reply to You're right. What were we thinking going off of his word*** ]

Come on, man. He never said that. He said it's what he wanted. It's what we all wanted. It didn't happen, and couldn't happen.

You're right. Saying he wants to

Mar 30, 2020, 10:44 AM

then asking the Governors to come up with a plan for implementation doesn't mean he's going to.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-governors-coronavirus-we-have-to-open-up-our-country-2020-3

Since when did we lower our standards so low that a President can float any idea he wants out there and we defend it by saying "well he didn't actually do it"

Congrats. Republicans lowered standards for the American President about as low as they can go.

Everyone should be doing that, always.

Mar 30, 2020, 10:50 AM

That's just a good way of operating. You prepare for doing things, that you don't know if you'll do or not. But you still prepare.

But you don't float out every plan to the American public

Mar 30, 2020, 10:57 AM

But Trump does. He floats out every idea he has to see how it plays. Then if it doesn't play well, he either denies he ever said it or acts like it was just an idea and he had no plans of actually doing it because he knows his base will back him up no matter what.

It's a very effective strategy.

'Mama, mama, mama I gotta pee!'

Mar 30, 2020, 10:53 AM

Mom-'OK sweety, it won't be long now.'

'But mama, mama I gotta go nowwwww!'

Daddy-'You're going to have to hold it until the next exit, I'm not stopping on the interstate so you can pee.'

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic