Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump confirms meeting at Trump Tower with Russians was
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 740

Trump confirms meeting at Trump Tower with Russians was

Aug 5, 2018, 2:14 PM

an attempt to get information on Hillary Clinton. This flies in the face of Trump Jr.'s assertion that the meeting was about 'adoptions'.

It is illegal to obtain campaign help, monetary, in-kind or otherwise, from a foreign government.

Essentially this is an admission, at a minimum, of attempted conspiracy with a foreign government to effect the outcome of a U.S. election.

"Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Fake News reporting, a complete fabrication, that I am concerned about the meeting my wonderful son, Donald, had in Trump Tower. This was a meeting to get information on an opponent, totally legal and done all the time in politics - and it went nowhere. I did not know about it!"

This man can't shut up for the life of him.

Indictments are imminent. Panic and popcorn have set in...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In case you're curious....here's the law. It's a felony

Aug 5, 2018, 2:19 PM

Opposition research and dirt on Hillary Clinton would definitely be "a thing of value."

Re: In case you're curious....here's the law. It's a felony

Aug 5, 2018, 8:25 PM

I'm sure you'll find 100,000 attorneys who can successfully argue "a thing of value" implies a gift or any other PHYSICAL, TANGIBLE OBJECT. Nice try.

On a side note, the meeting was arranged by British nationals. When the Russian lawyer showed up Jr. got in touch with the Brits asking ###, and they said it was an oversight and the Lawyer was the one Jr. needed to talk to. The Russian never mentioned having dirt on HRC. She went straight to the Magnisky Act.

Still infatuated with MI6?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2018, 8:32 PM

It was the British boys who claimed to have the dirt on Hillary.

Don't forget the Lawyer met with Fusion GPS the day before and the day after her meeting with Jr. The Lawyer was also allowed in the country by the Obama and allowed to overstay her Visa by them as well.
Can you see entrapment, setup and conspiracy? No? I didn't think so.

It's amazing how far a Trump hater will go to avoid seeing the truth about Obama , Hillary and the DNC. I bet if Obama shyatt on a slice of bread and asked Felix to eat it, Felix would hungrily gobble it up and say it tasted just like a meatloaf sandwich.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2018, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Re: In case you're curious....here's the law. It's a felony ]

I'm sure you'll find 100,000 attorneys who can successfully argue "a thing of value" implies a gift or any other PHYSICAL, TANGIBLE OBJECT. Nice try.

On a side note, the meeting was arranged by British nationals. When the Russian lawyer showed up Jr. got in touch with the Brits asking ###, and they said it was an oversight and the Lawyer was the one Jr. needed to talk to. The Russian never mentioned having dirt on HRC. She went straight to the Magnisky Act.

Still infatuated with MI6?

You can have your own opinion but you can't have your own facts. And the fact is that the meeting the Trump Campaign held was specifically to gather opposition research from the Russian Government on Hillary Clinton.

The DNC paid $1.6 million to Fusion GPS for opposition research on Trump. Opposition research is, in fact, a 'thing of value'. Getting it from foreign nationals is illegal, period.

Just to refresh your memory, this is the text of the email sent by the British National to Don Jr.:

"Jun 3, 2016, at 10:36 AM, Rob Goldstone wrote:

Good morning

Emin just called and asked me to contact you with something very interesting.

The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin.

What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly?

I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first.

Best
Rob Goldstone"

Trump Jr.'s reply:

"Jun 3, 2016, at 10:53, Donald Trump Jr. wrote:

Thanks Rob I appreciate that. I am on the road at the moment but perhaps I just speak to Emin first. Seems we have some time and if it's what you say I love it especially later in the summer. Could we do a call first thing next week when I am back?

Best,
Don"

Bear in mind that Emin and Aras are both Russian nationals. Aras is a billionaire and Emin is his son. Not to mention Rob Goldstone specifically saying "...but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump." In light of that, they made sure that the very top brass of the campaign, the Chairman Paul Manafort, the son Don Jr. and the son in law Jared Kushner were all in attendance to get this information from the "the very high level...Russian Govt."

You can't now argue, reasonably, that this was some kind of "oversight". The intent is black and white.

I don't know enough about MI6 to be infatuated...

Aug 6, 2018, 1:22 PM

Further evidence of collusion with foreign nationals:

"On Jun 7, 2016, at 4:20 PM, Rob Goldstone wrote:

Don

Hope all is well

Emin asked that I schedule a meeting with you and The Russian government attorney who is flying over from Moscow for this Thursday.

I believe you are aware of the meeting - and so wondered if 3pm or later on Thursday works for you?

I assume it would be at your office.

Best

Rob Goldstone"

Don Jr responded:

On Jun 7, 2016, at 5:16 PM, Donald Trump Jr. wrote:

"How about 3 at our offices? Thanks rob appreciate you helping set it up.

D"

Trump himself threw Jr. under the bus this weekend when he tweeted: "...that I am concerned about the meeting my wonderful son, Donald, had in Trump Tower. This was a meeting to get information on an opponent.." .

This information they knew was coming from a "Russian Government Attorney".

Junior is soup... "Lock Him Up!" :)

If this was Bernie or Hilldawg...you'd be screaming 'treason' to high heaven! :)

Aug 6, 2018, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Re: In case you're curious....here's the law. It's a felony ]

It was a setup but still not illegal. I don't give a rats #### where anyone on Earth gets there factual dirt on an American Politician or Public Official.

Aug 7, 2018, 2:29 PM

It was a setup but still not illegal. I don't give a rats #### where anyone on Earth gets there factual dirt on an American Politician or Public Official.

Unless that factual information is about Trump. Or...just pretend that you know the Dossier from Steele is fake. You have no way of knowing that, but you believe it because you want to believe it.

Further, gathering information from a foreign government in order to effect an election is a felony. And it's a felony whether you give a rats ### or not.

Re: Trump confirms meeting at Trump Tower with Russians was

Aug 5, 2018, 2:30 PM

This was a totally normal, perfectly legal meeting...but if anyone asks, I had nothing to do with it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two words: MA GA.***

Aug 5, 2018, 2:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two words: Trump Lies

Aug 5, 2018, 3:54 PM

Sometimes I think that someone could take a big old dump on a bun and if Trump said it was pulled pork, Trump supporters would eat it like starving dogs...

I doubt he's giving any of us a tingle up the leg.***

Aug 5, 2018, 6:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One word

Aug 6, 2018, 5:30 AM [ in reply to Two words: MA GA.*** ]

Moron

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One word

Aug 6, 2018, 9:13 AM

Says the guy sitting in a cubicle, and getting raped by his employer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whoa whoa whoaaa...peace my brothers, peace!

Aug 6, 2018, 10:11 AM

Ain't no need for this level of hostility.

Can't we all get along?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everyone but you seems to be the moron.

Aug 7, 2018, 9:02 AM [ in reply to One word ]

Convenient.

a day after Hope Hicks met with him on his plane***

Aug 5, 2018, 3:21 PM

Unless your name is Christopher Steele

Aug 5, 2018, 4:47 PM

Brits don't count I guess. Only difference was what the Russians released was true. Steele just came up with some BS.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This should help

Aug 6, 2018, 12:19 AM

Re: This should help

Aug 6, 2018, 8:11 AM

What Russian help and what was the return? Trump-Russia collusion is a lie which sprouted hysteria.

Even in the thread on the subject of Trump admitting to

Aug 6, 2018, 9:28 AM

collusion, you keep up the narrative. Well done, comrade.

Ok. So a nice "foreign country" we like is fine then.

Aug 6, 2018, 9:02 AM [ in reply to This should help ]

Got it.

Actually, the Russian info was not given to Trump, but was released by third parties. Steele reported straight to the GOP and specifically John McCain. Who then took Steel's foreign intelligence right to President Obama and the director of the CIA. They then used it (fake as it was) to get a FISA warrant to start this whole circus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We don't know the full extent of Trump's involvement...

Aug 6, 2018, 2:41 PM

and his story on colluding has changed considerably from the beginning until now where he's admitted there was collusion ("but it's not a crime!") so let's wait and see what new tweets he releases in the coming days/weeks/months. It's very likely he knew about the release by those Russian connected third parties, but we'll have to actually wait to see if that's true.

So your defense of the FISA warrants is that it was a bi-partisan and transparent action that was approved through normal means and methods all with the intent of conspiring against Trump? (Judges that approved the warrants were all republicans AND the Nunes memos proved they were upfront about who Steele was and worked for)

Now, on the flip side Don Jr. and Company never told the FBI about their meeting and have actively tried to cover-up what the meeting was about. Why?

And the FISA investigation started before Steele so the "circus" started before Steele.

To put it another way...

"Rick Tyler, a longtime Republican strategist, said on Thursday that the Steele dossier and Trump Jr.'s meeting with Veselnitskaya are "apples and oranges."

"Getting opposition research from a qualified professional, even if it's a foreign national, is one thing," Tyler said. "There are lots of foreign nationals in the US and abroad who work on political campaigns. But it's a very different thing for a government, particularly an enemy, to somehow offer opposition research as a way of saying 'we want to help you win and someone else lose.' That is very serious, and would essentially be allowing a foreign government to help influence an election."

https://www.businessinsider.com/differences-between-steele-dossier-and-trump-jr-meeting-with-russian-lawyer-2017-7

Re: Ok. So a nice "foreign country" we like is fine then.

Aug 6, 2018, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Ok. So a nice "foreign country" we like is fine then. ]

Tiggity® said:

Got it.

Actually, the Russian info was not given to Trump, but was released by third parties. Steele reported straight to the GOP and specifically John McCain. Who then took Steel's foreign intelligence right to President Obama and the director of the CIA. They then used it (fake as it was) to get a FISA warrant to start this whole circus.

You have absolutely no evidence it was "fake" but you continue to claim that.

Hannity and Perro would be proud...

Aug 7, 2018, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Ok. So a nice "foreign country" we like is fine then. ]

Explain to us when the dossier was deemed fake by investigators and cite only primary sources.

Aug 7, 2018, 6:13 PM

Trump and Hannity say it's fake. What else do you need?

Congrats on the most ###### up quote I've read

Aug 6, 2018, 8:54 PM [ in reply to This should help ]

Steele was an ex member of MI6: Englands equivalent of our black ops/CIA. It was a deep state hit job then, just as it is today. He was paid 11 times for his production of the fictitious dossier.

Federal marshals should arrest him immediately.

Aug 5, 2018, 4:53 PM

Do you think Pence isn't going to torture you just as hard or worse than Trump?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would he be less of an a-hole?***

Aug 5, 2018, 5:27 PM

Definitely.

Aug 5, 2018, 6:47 PM

Trump was an a-hole when he was campaigning, during debates and the day America elected him for POTUS. It's not like we didn't see this coming. If I dropped my guard I'd probably be an a-hole too. I fight my nature every day.

I don't on the football board because I think I can persuade some who disagree with me to take an objective look at the topic at hand.

LOL TU - we all fight that a-hole DNA. Seems to kick in as_

Aug 6, 2018, 8:20 AM

We grower older. Self awareness is a good thing.

#getoffmylawn

I got surveys, your claiming 4" of my property.

Aug 7, 2018, 9:50 AM

I ain't no fool, I know how the works. First you mow just over your line. If I try and be nice and coordinate the mowing I mow the next day and just cover the grass you didn't mow. Four days later you mow again overlapping the line I mowed.

Now you're mowing all around my house and claiming everything that isn't inside my walls. Some neighbors are like cats, piszing further and further from home to mark their territory. While I'm sitting back and getting half my yard mowed free just so they can impress someone who isn't impressed by their beautiful yard while my junk MB is sitting right there between their house and mine.

I will give Donald Trump credit for being one of the

Aug 6, 2018, 7:01 PM

shrewdest users of lies, gaslighting, division, distraction, and misdirection in the past century anywhere in this world. It's been one of his greatest assets throughout his "career."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You sound just like a mainstream media channel

Aug 6, 2018, 8:58 PM

Parroting they're talking points verbatim. Apparently their brainwashing worked.

I'm not the autobot you're looking for.***

Aug 6, 2018, 10:03 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No that would be Obama.

Aug 7, 2018, 9:52 AM [ in reply to I will give Donald Trump credit for being one of the ]

Your insurance won't go up and you can keep it and keep your coverage just like it is. Trump's lies are judged trivial after that.

Self-fulfilling prophecy via obstructionist Republicans

Aug 7, 2018, 11:38 AM

in Congress and state legislatures.

Trump promised a 'better deal' on healtchare. "Believe me!"

All he and Republicans in Congress have enacted are further steps that make it more expensive, less available, more dangerous for the sick and pre-conditioned, all the while hampering the Feds leverage, via medicare and medicaid, to force true cost control measures on Big Pharma - another "promise" Trump campaigned on that is nowhere in sight. His base is happy because he's been undoing something Obama did - that's it, that's really it. "Yay Trump! You stuck it to Obama again!"

Trump lying about his team meeting with Russian facilitators, our adversary, to help influence a Presidential election is trivial? The sycophany here is sad, but expected considering the shifting morals of the Trump base.

Trump does not care, nor is he interested, in his base's welfare. He only cares that they continue to be angry, feel victimized, and turn to him for salvation.

Re: No that would be Obama.

Aug 7, 2018, 2:27 PM [ in reply to No that would be Obama. ]

You've mentioned that frequently. Are you saying that because Obama lied, or didn't understand, or lied that has something to do with how American's feel about Trump?

I don't see the connection?

just trying to keep up

Aug 6, 2018, 9:22 PM

Were the Russians they met with government officials?

Or did they just meet Russians with dirt on Hillary?

Seems from your post that ,Ames a huge difference. Again, I’m just trying to keep up

Re: just trying to keep up

Aug 7, 2018, 9:10 AM

Good point.
It doesn't matter to the library. They only want to see Trump gone. Any means justifies the end to them.

Re: just trying to keep up

Aug 7, 2018, 2:25 PM

Good point.
It doesn't matter to the library. They only want to see Trump gone. Any means justifies the end to them.

No, it's not an illogical conspiracy against the man. He genuinely and really has a screwed up head. He lies constantly, he sets people against each other and he has no clue about truth. He has no idea what true leadership actually looks like.

This isn't political at all. Trump is an embarrassment to the United States. 60% of the country can't stand the man, not for political reason but for what he says and does.

This idea that Trump is a 'victim' is insane. He's repulsive to most people, honest. It's not a left or right thing...the guy is nuts and completely without an honest bone in his body.

That's the last straw.

Aug 7, 2018, 6:39 PM

Install Hillary as president. It's the only solution.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 41
| visibility 740
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic