Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump being censored on the riots in Minnesota
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 994

Trump being censored on the riots in Minnesota

May 29, 2020, 8:09 AM

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/1266269385309556739?s=20

And of course tweets like these aren't being censored. See the issue here? Twitter made a terrible decision.

https://twitter.com/oliviagatwood/status/1266231558047846400?s=20

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump being censored on the riots in Minnesota

May 29, 2020, 8:11 AM

Trump was talking about murdering civilians. Of course they won't allow that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would be censorship if they deleted the tweet

May 29, 2020, 8:15 AM

It’s still there

They are just following his executive order and limiting their liability

Report Olivia Atwood’s tweet and it will get a notice too.

That's hilarious. Nicely done.***

May 29, 2020, 9:14 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

His Tweets weren't censored.

May 29, 2020, 8:18 AM

They were given a special notice by Twitter because he was calling for violence.

The imbecile said he wants to send in the military to start shooting people.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

You know, if Twitter actually honored his EO

May 29, 2020, 8:21 AM

He'd probably be one of the first accounts deleted to reduce their liability.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what I was thinking.

May 29, 2020, 8:56 AM

His executive order appears to encourage them to do more of this, not less.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, pretty sure...

May 29, 2020, 4:22 PM [ in reply to You know, if Twitter actually honored his EO ]

He has violated their TOS many, many times. But Twitter wants the hits.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

There a lotta truth in this post***

May 29, 2020, 8:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There a lotta truth in this post***

May 29, 2020, 8:27 AM

Other than murdering civilians.

Or murdering cops?***

May 29, 2020, 8:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Or murdering cops?***

May 29, 2020, 8:54 AM

Have cops been murdered there so far in these riots? The cops can handle themselves. Our genius is charge posted that he was considered bringing the military in to shoot looting civilians.

i think you missed the point of this particular thread

May 29, 2020, 10:51 AM

yes, there are ton of tweets calling for the murder of cops
are they being deleted by twitter?

this particular thread isnt about what trump said, but what twitter is banning and not banning.

there are plenty of other threads about trumps stupid post.

Re: i think you missed the point of this particular thread

May 29, 2020, 3:51 PM

Do you have any real evidence of "tons of tweets' calling for killing cops? Saying it is one thing, but proving it is another. Hannity makes $37 Million a year sowing conspiracy and half-truths. Decidedly he supplies only anecdotal evidence and then extrapolates it into a wide-spread problem. With no evidence.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is when the 2A rhetoric magically disappears.***

May 29, 2020, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Or murdering cops?*** ]

Re: Or murdering cops?***

May 29, 2020, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Or murdering cops?*** ]

"People" don't murder cops, individuals do. The vast majority of police killings are in desperate circumstances by convicted, violent felons who don't want to go back to jail. There are some exceptions, but there is not a plan by anyone to kill cops unless it's by terrorists. There were several ambushes of police like in Dallas, or Miami, I don't recall where a man ambushed and killed 4 cops. But that man was white.

On the other hand, you would have incidences like Ferguson Missouri where they targeted poor people, mostly black, and charged them with little things like Jay Walking, which carried a $250 fine. If they didn't pay the fine they'd go before the magistrate. If they failed to appear a bench warrant was issued, they were arrested and the judge would impose steeper fines. The magistrate's office would allow payments so and of black residents in Ferguson were making payments to The City of Ferguson. If they defaulted, the whole process would be restarted, with even more fines. One city official admitted to the DOJ that most of the fines and arrests were to supplement the City's revenue. Targeting black people was a revenue stream. A black person could actually go to jail for jaywalking in Ferguson. The DOJ found extensive corruption and racial targeting was the norm for Ferguson.

May 29, 2020, 8:41 AM

Olivia Gatwood's post is still up FYI... For 7 hours.

I'm not saying Trump's tweet is "perfect", but you can't selectively censor people IMO.

You are insane Cata. You take everything Trump tweets to the complete extreme. Do you really think Trump wants the national guard to come in guns ablazing?

I ain't defending trump on this one

May 29, 2020, 8:44 AM

Your the president, you don't tweet something like that and leave any gray area.
He ain't some regular citizen. His words mean more

Re: I ain't defending trump on this one

May 29, 2020, 8:49 AM

xtiger said:

Your the president, you don't tweet something like that and leave any gray area.

Thank you. Seriously. This post actually makes me feel better than any have for a good long while.

May 29, 2020, 9:14 AM

quozzel said:

xtiger said:

Thank you. Seriously. This post actually makes me feel better than any have for a good long while.

No ####... Are you surprised by his tweets at this point? Why do people seem so surprised that he tweets stupid ####?

Also, if you don't assume the worst which every single one of you do, it could be read completely differently. Again, I don't think he should be tweeting crap like this. It could be read as, "when the looting starts, violent crimes and shootings start"

That wasn't the point of the post. The point of the post is Twitter is selectively censoring people and it is along political lines.

May 29, 2020, 9:19 AM

Are you surprised by his tweets at this point

Actually yes. Each new thing is somehow surprising. Maybe it's living enough years with presidents who don't do this.

Let's never get complacent about the president's egregious behavior just because well, he does it all the time. The fact that he does it all the time is worse, not better!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

May 29, 2020, 9:24 AM

I'm not complacent. We have had 5 years of his ridiculous tweets. They haven't gotten any more ridiculous. But at this point, his twitter feed shouldn't surprise anyone.

Again, i think his policy is sound. I can get past his dumbarse tweets. Especially when the alternative candidate is Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden.

May 29, 2020, 3:23 PM

I'm not complacent. We have had 5 years of his ridiculous tweets. They haven't gotten any more ridiculous. But at this point, his twitter feed shouldn't surprise anyone.

Again, i think his policy is sound. I can get past his dumbarse tweets. Especially when the alternative candidate is Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden.

But that's how he degrades the Office of the Presidency and our overall society. We've begun to accept his insanity as 'the norm'. That is a tragedy for our political discourse and an embarrassment to every American. He's pulled the Presidency of the greatest country on earth down into a horrid quagmire of dirt, mud, and incompetence. Memphis says he "talks in code", which is just an excuse to continue the worship of a reality tv star and real estate salesman. It's mind-boggling the devotion to this insincere, paranoid, and self-serving, incompetent political thug.

May 29, 2020, 3:27 PM

May 29, 2020, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: I ain't defending trump on this one ]

quozzel said:

xtiger said:

No ####... Are you surprised by his tweets at this point? Why do people seem so surprised that he tweets stupid ####?

Also, if you don't assume the worst which every single one of you do, it could be read completely differently. Again, I don't think he should be tweeting crap like this. It could be read as, "when the looting starts, violent crimes and shootings start"

That wasn't the point of the post. The point of the post is Twitter is selectively censoring people and it is along political lines.

I don't know what he's going to do and neither do you.

He's clearly thinking it, whatever. For whatever odd reason you seem to be counting on him to have mature adults around him to talk him out of whatever idiocy is in his head at the moment, but he's firing those adults faster than anyone can re-hire them and the only ones surviving and thriving in his administration are the sycophants and truly bad actors like Stephen Miller and Betsy Devos who are even scarier than Trump himself is.

Who is left to take the big red button out of his tiny little hands when he starts pounding it like a petulant child mad at his Speak-n-Spell?

That stuff that comes out of that Twitter feed is not okay. I have zero idea why anybody gives the president of the USA a free pass that we wouldn't even extend to our garbage man or the dog-catcher. The dude is a public servant. Heck, even McDonald's workers get fired for less offensive stuff than he produces on a daily basis.

WHY IS THAT OKAY? The choice we're making right now isn't between Biden and Trump, it's between Trump and Mike Pense...who I don't like much either, but who is at least an adult.

May 29, 2020, 9:44 AM

Hey everyone. I agree that President Trump shouldn't tweet the stupid crap he does. I've said it probably 100 times on here. But some of you don't seem to get that.

So why are you in here defending him in a thread

May 29, 2020, 12:47 PM

that's literally about a Tweet?

May 29, 2020, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Re: I ain't defending trump on this one ]

Hey everyone. I agree that President Trump shouldn't tweet the stupid crap he does. I've said it probably 100 times on here. But some of you don't seem to get that.

Yet you continue to support and defend him. He's not the messiah of the right as he preaches, but a very defective man with extremely poor judgment. I realize the right has legitimate and substantial issues that need to be addressed in our political discourse. But Trump ensures that those issues won't be substantially addressed because of his 'off-field' behavior. I don't question your intelligence at all, you are clearly very smart. But I don't think you'll get what you want with Trump as your voice in the marketplace of ideas.

After all, the struggle between the left and the right is a struggle of ideas and ideologies. It has been going on for years and will continue, as it should. But Trump diminishes the credibility of the right, he doesn't ennoble it.

All the more reason to delete his account ASAP, since you're

May 29, 2020, 9:44 AM [ in reply to I ain't defending trump on this one ]

subject to liability.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All the more reason to delete his account ASAP, since you're

May 29, 2020, 9:45 AM

Tiggity® said:

subject to liability.

So do you think the lady that was inciting these riots should be banned from twitter as well?

Whoosh!***

May 29, 2020, 9:56 AM

- Jonathan Swift

Absolutely. Since they're liable, both should go.

May 29, 2020, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: All the more reason to delete his account ASAP, since you're ]

BUT, the guy with 81,000,000 followers and access to nuclear bombs would get the axe before the person with 30,000 followers.

Actually I think neither should be banned. But since Trump wants Twitter to be liable for posts, yeah, both accounts get deleted. People like Trump, and the person who replied, can only do that BECAUSE Twitter is shielded from liability.

This is why it's a bad idea. The EO, and Trump's tweet, and the reply.

Re: Absolutely. Since they're liable, both should go.

May 29, 2020, 10:46 AM

Yes they were shielded from Liability.

But then they started shadow banning conservative accounts, and fact checking people along political lines. Now they are held liable. If they continue this, twitter will see a large decline in users over the next 2 years.

No they won't

May 29, 2020, 10:47 AM

because 80% of twitter's users DGAF about Trump

I like your funny words magic man

Re: No they won't

May 29, 2020, 10:52 AM

80% of Twitter users are there for the ####.

Re: Absolutely. Since they're liable, both should go.

May 29, 2020, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Absolutely. Since they're liable, both should go. ]

Yes they were shielded from Liability.

But then they started shadow banning conservative accounts, and fact checking people along political lines. Now they are held liable. If they continue this, twitter will see a large decline in users over the next 2 years.

Can you provide evidence of shadow banning conservative accounts? I don't mean anecdotal cases like Michelle Malkin who is loudly an anti-Semitic. What evidence of a large scale targeting of conservative accounts do you have? Trump makes that claim as does Hannity Ingraham and others, they say it a lot, and some believe them, even without any real evidence. Facts matter, opinions don't.

Funny watching the standards for the President getting

May 29, 2020, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Re: All the more reason to delete his account ASAP, since you're ]

progressively lower. There's really no bar low enough for our expectations of Donald J. Trump. And that's from his supporters!

May 29, 2020, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump being censored on the riots in Minnesota ]

Olivia Gatwood's post is still up FYI... For 7 hours.

I'm not saying Trump's tweet is "perfect", but you can't selectively censor people IMO.

You are insane Cata. You take everything Trump tweets to the complete extreme. Do you really think Trump wants the national guard to come in guns ablazing?

THEN WHY THE @#%# IS HE CALLING FOR IT?

May 29, 2020, 9:10 AM

Remember we aren't allowed to take anything Trump says literally. We have to decipher it. When he said Mex would pay for our wall...not what he meant. Sending in the military to kill civilians...not what he meant.
Ted Cruz's dad being part of the murder of JFK...not what he meant. Joe Scarborough being part of a murder....not what he meant. He doesn't mean anything he says. Like Memphis stated, Trump speaks in code. Trump's actual words don't mean anything.

May 29, 2020, 9:18 AM

- I think he actually meant Mexico was going to pay for the wall. He was just not successful in doing so.

- The Ted Cruz thing I believe was a joke.

- He was speculating about the joe scarborough murder. Kinda like Scarborough speculated that he was a treasonous russian agent for 2 years. Why can some speculate but others can't?

- He was not calling for the national guard to roll in and just start mowing down civilians.

Learn to think.

Have you ever choked on a mouthful of your own saliva?***

May 29, 2020, 9:24 AM

Re: Have you ever choked on a mouthful of your own saliva?***

May 29, 2020, 9:25 AM

Why do you have a pic of legend robertin as your avatar? I've wondered about that for years haha. Are you him?

May 29, 2020, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump being censored on the riots in Minnesota ]

It's what he said. That's the point. I don't take anything he says seriously. He is irresponsible though and just a mess. He will just say anything. The list goes on and on. It's just one nutty comment day after day.

You don't get why the President shouldn't act like a

May 29, 2020, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump being censored on the riots in Minnesota ]

talk show host? Don't you think maybe the standards are different for a stupid MSNBC morning show and the President of the United States of America? Seriously stop and think about that for a minute.

Except

May 29, 2020, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump being censored on the riots in Minnesota ]

the words he used “when the looting starts, the shooting starts” are verbatim from a 60’s white supremacy slogan

It’s a calculated turn of phrase

He doesn’t “misspeak“ it all has a purpose

I had no idea.***

May 29, 2020, 9:58 AM

- Jonathan Swift

Classic Trumpie

May 29, 2020, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump being censored on the riots in Minnesota ]

"I love Trump because he talks tough, says it like it is, and isn't PC! Yeah! MAGA!........

Oh, but when he says something really stupid, he didn't really mean it."

May 29, 2020, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump being censored on the riots in Minnesota ]

They only censor the people that violate their 'terms of use'. They don't seek out conservatives or democrats, they merely turn of dangerous speech. They are a private company, you agree to their terms of you. It's not a free speech issue. The constitution protects you from the government infringing on your right to free speech, not private companies.

Trump lies to stir his base by claiming that 'conservative' speech is blocked by Twitter while providing absolutely no evidence to back up his claims. It's just for the election, nothing more.

Not true

May 29, 2020, 3:32 PM

I googled Olivia Gatwood, still have no clue who she is***

May 29, 2020, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump being censored on the riots in Minnesota ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you kidding me?

May 29, 2020, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump being censored on the riots in Minnesota ]

His actual quote:

"These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let that happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!"

He literally said he's going to send the military in with guns blazing. You Trumpie clowns will spin anything this idiot says. For once, grow a set of balls and integrity and actually denounce something that you know is wrong when it comes out of his mouth or his fat thumbs.

Remember the good old days?

May 29, 2020, 11:16 AM

When being POTUS meant something? When we didn't ask people to just ignore the horrible/idiotic things the President said like he was my racist Grandma at Red Lobster? The Judds should really update that song.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2020, 1:30 PM

The second tweet was taken down. Unfortunately, that makes your point in error.

Problem is they should have taken Trump's down. But I do agree with Twitter that because Trump is the President, then viewing his tweets is instructive and informative.

Replies: 52
| visibility 994
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic