Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The dang “Snowflakes” finally won...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 407

The dang “Snowflakes” finally won...

Apr 5, 2020, 8:57 AM

...the whole country is in a perpetual state of “victim mentality”. I guess this is what you wanted all along.

I HOPE YOU’RE HAPPY NOW!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump

Apr 5, 2020, 8:59 AM

should have had a stockpile of ventilators and N95 masks for everyone. It is the Federal Government's job to take care of us from cradle to grave...I need my check!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump

Apr 5, 2020, 9:12 AM

It’s a “scary world” out there, and it’s very risky to even have a job where you have to go to work.
We’ve got all this “alien technology” but we’re still living like slaves instead of kings.....what’s up with that?

How about not wait until mid-March to start buying them?

Apr 5, 2020, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Trump ]

when we know the pandemic is already here since January? Or not complain that states should fend for themselves while competing against them for supplies driving the price up. These are basic things I'd want my federal government to do and they failed and continue to fail.

"A review of federal purchasing contracts by The Associated Press shows federal agencies largely waited until mid-March to begin placing bulk orders of N95 respirator masks, mechanical ventilators and other equipment needed by front-line health care workers."

https://apnews.com/090600c299a8cf07f5b44d92534856bc

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump

Apr 5, 2020, 5:16 PM [ in reply to Trump ]

This is the most foreseeable natural disaster we've ever faced. We saw it spreading and we did nothing. It came to America, and we did nothing.

Finally, the Imperial College of London released it's study that concluded that with mitigation in the U.S., there would be 2 million deaths.

2 days later Trump and every personality on Fox News changed their messaging from "Liberals are using this non-threat (it's like the cold-Limbaugh) as a weapon to make Trump look bad"....to, this is a very serious danger and you should do what is necessary to prevent getting it."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Victim of what? Life? A pandemic?

Apr 5, 2020, 9:25 AM

All normal stuff. Imagine us fighting a world war while this is going on.

Interesting thing so few people know.....

Disease has traditionally killed more people in wars than other soldiers. Just amassing troops and putting that many people together, created disease outbreaks that often claimed more lives than the enemy inflicted on the battlefield. This was true right through the Civil War.

We've been spoiled or lucky however you want to look at it. We will get back to work slowly. I am more worried about our recovery in the fall than the shut down. We've done some crazy things to deal with this that will haunt us if we pick up where we left off by 1st quarter next year.

We are lucky to be able to shut down like we have. Even if for a month or two it will help.

On the bright side, think of how much colder this summer will be thanks to no more carbon emissions. Major victory for the global warming freaks. Even China cut their emissions by 90%.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Victim of what? Life? A pandemic?

Apr 5, 2020, 9:35 AM

You’ve got a couple of decent points there. I’ll get back with you on this some more later, I gotta get back to my “Virtual Gaming Experience”!!!!
Man, this is so cool... it’s almost REAL!

That’s funny about the climate part

Apr 5, 2020, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Victim of what? Life? A pandemic? ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The dang “Snowflakes” finally won...

Apr 5, 2020, 5:13 PM

CUnext said:

...the whole country is in a perpetual state of “victim mentality”. I guess this is what you wanted all along.

I HOPE YOU’RE HAPPY NOW!!!

Jesus, how hard is it to understand a virus that came out of China that no human has resistance to?

It's not something that anybody wanted. This virus doesn't care what your politics are, it's mindless death, that is all. Let's see how if you feel like a "victim" if you lose a friend or member of your family. This virus doesn't care what you think, where you live, or how much money you have. It kills everything it can before it moves on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 407
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic