Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What am I missing about the Coots?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,845

What am I missing about the Coots?

Jul 7, 2014, 11:49 AM

25/1 odds for them to win it all.

66/1 odds for us to win it all.

They had just as many if not more key losses in terms of personnel. And if you buy into all the SEC hype, then theoretically they should have a much tougher road than us to get there.

Another thing that irks me is how little credit is being given Stoudt by the "experts." He's been in the system for several years, and he's proven to be quite effective running that system when called upon. It's not like he just got to campus yesterday.

Ok, rant over. Discuss.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

they play in the weak sec. . better odds

Jul 7, 2014, 11:51 AM

Of making it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Easy, sports media is all "San Francisco" for the SEC.***

Jul 7, 2014, 11:51 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ZERO RESPECT!!!

Jul 7, 2014, 11:52 AM

Clemson needs to go in and rip some heads off and tear limbs from bodies. No joke, I think since the pre-game handshakes and all of that nonsense Clemson has gotten soft between the ears. They need to be mean, violent, and play with an attitude to prove that nobody can stop them. They need to be vicious and relentless. SHOW NO MERCY!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

I'm not missing anything about the coots....

Jul 7, 2014, 11:54 AM

:D

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

I'm missing beating them in football and baseball.***

Jul 7, 2014, 11:58 AM

Simple

Jul 7, 2014, 12:15 PM

They don't play FSU, we play them in Doak. After last year, vegas is giving us very little chance to win this game. Also, We play UGA in Athens and USUC is playing them at home. Other than that, the two teams are pretty evenly matched.

True, those odds are National Championship odds, not odds

Jul 7, 2014, 12:48 PM

on who will have the better season.

Why would Stoudt be given any credit?

Jul 7, 2014, 12:25 PM

People don't care that a guy's been in the system for years if he wasn't a particularly highly recruited guy and if he hasn't done much on the field. I wouldn't say that he's "proven to be quite effective running [the system] when called upon" either, since he's only played in one game that was remotely in question and since he hasn't been asked to do much when he's played in garbage time (I would also say that he's made some really risky throws that make me nervous).

Clemson fans give him credit because we think he'll do fine as our QB this year, but we shouldn't extend that confidence into homerism by expecting everybody else to feel the same way too.

I do agree that SC is overrated based on what they have returning. SC fans will tell you that they lost less seniors than just about anybody in the country, but that obscures the fact that the guys they lost were all leaders. Dylan Thompson looked worse last year than he did the year before, although he's played in and won some big games. Mike Davis is very good and he'll be running behind a very good OL, but I don't see many play- makers at WR to keep defenses honest. Meanwhile, I think their defense will be pretty sorry, and that doesn't bode well for a team that will be more run based.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

devils advocate...maybe the "experts" here are over-est-

Jul 7, 2014, 12:32 PM

over-estimating Cole??

But I agree, the coots shouldnt be so highly thought of. they had pretty severe losses too. Doo-doo is gone and their heart and soul in Connor Shaw is gone. But their OL is supposed to be one of the best in the country this upcoming season.

Re: What am I missing about the Coots?

Jul 7, 2014, 12:33 PM

It's not just that Clemson plays FSU where they will be underdogs. If Clemson loses that one, they are pretty much out of the playoff picture because of the perception of the ACC. Clemson would need FSU to lose at least two conference games to have a shot at playing for a conference championship, not to mention hoping that a legitimate opponent comes out of the other division. USuC can lose a conference game and still be in the playoff discussion.

UofL, UNC, USC, GT, UGa could all be good

Jul 7, 2014, 12:37 PM

Clemson's schedule may be tougher than USC's, but you're right that the perception is that USC's is tougher just because it's an SEC schedule.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UofL, UNC, USC, GT, UGa could all be good

Jul 7, 2014, 12:46 PM

Agreed. If Florida State is the only L, it'll be an interesting discussion. For the sake of the odds though, everyone seems to agree it's going to be Georgia or South Carolina coming out of the East and the game is in Columbia.

we just need to win baby

Jul 7, 2014, 1:11 PM

we just need to win....

What the heck did UGA do over the past few years for them to be that highly regarded?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Re: What am I missing about the Coots?

Jul 7, 2014, 1:17 PM

Nothing...they still suck!!!!!

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,845
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic