Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Relaxed Leggett, Tigers hit Omaha
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Jun 18, 2010, 2:07 PM

Clemson head coach Jack Leggett said the fact that his team overcame a rough stretch in the middle of the season has helped turn the Tigers into a relaxed and confident bunch heading into the College World Series. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's hope Jack stays loose. Typically he's not, esp in

Jun 18, 2010, 2:16 PM

Omaha. And we all remember that melt down in 2002!

Beating ASU would be huge, gotta stay in that winners bracket.

Jack should use Miller as DH and let someone else play 2nd. Miller's bat has been really good, but his errors are a serious liability. With ASU's ace on the mound, Harmon is going to need our "D" to play well!

Re: Let's hope Jack stays loose. Typically he's not, esp in

Jun 18, 2010, 2:52 PM

The errors have hurt but so has leaving guys on base. We
need to make the best of situations when we have men on base. Double plays are becoming too common when we are stating to have a big inning!

True, but our errors have lost a LOT of games and we are

Jun 18, 2010, 3:08 PM

far and away the worst fielding team in Omaha.

A couple of things...

Jun 18, 2010, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Let's hope Jack stays loose. Typically he's not, esp in ]

Miller plays SS not 2B.

The only other person who plays SS is Stolz and his bat is the same liability as Miller's glove. I would much rather have Lamb or Epps at DH.

Lastly, this is college baseball. With the metal bad offense is much more important than defense.

Yes, I forgot MIller was SS not SB. BUT, fielding is

Jun 18, 2010, 3:39 PM

incredibly important esp in college baseball. Since there are a lot of runs with aluminum bats, every out is magnified!

We lost more games this year because of fielding than NOT scoring.

To say offense is more important than fielding just because there are more runs scored in college ball is stupid!

A solid defense is every pitchers best friend!!

Re: Yes, I forgot MIller was SS not SB. BUT, fielding is

Jun 18, 2010, 3:45 PM

Blue Caddy if your going to make suggestions on the infield lineup at least know their positions. If you take out our SS you take out a very and i mean very hot bat. Rosenblatt is a hitters park and games are consistently won 11-8, 12-7, 13-5......you are trying to replace a hole in our infield by placing an even bigger whole in our lineup. Also....don't say put him at DH because then you take out Lamb who also has a hell of a bat.

Jack himself playd Miller @ DH because of his errors. And

Jun 18, 2010, 3:54 PM

while Miller is a hot bat, he's not a big home run hitter, which is why Rosenblatt is a hitters park.

And I knew Miller was SS, but said SB, and I admitted my error. Besides, his position has NOTHING to do with my argument.

Miller is a HUGE defensive liability, and the main reason our fielding percentage is by far the worst in Omaha.

His position has everything to do w/ your argument.

Jun 18, 2010, 9:33 PM

As you couldn't make a logical suggestion on a replacement that would also increase our batting performance.

Also, a hitters park hardly is only to do w/ HRs...

If you don't know what you're talking about, best to keep the 'ol trap shut.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Are you that clueless? Look at the major leagues, look at

Jun 19, 2010, 10:10 PM

any level of baseball, there are often position players on the the field purely because of their defensive ability.

A line-up is a balance of hitting and defense, not purely about offense.

Defense is every bit as important as offense, especially when even the best pitching is abused by aluminum bats. Defense has lost us a lot of games this year. Moreso than offense.

We're one of the highest scoring teams in college baseball, yet didn't win 40 regular season games, why? Because our defense is BAD and our bullpen is BAD!

Trust me, if all that mattered in a 9 man rotation was batting average, you'd see totally different line ups on every team. But coaches have to find the balance between hitting and fielding.

Miller's glove is a huge liability.

And Rosenblatt is known as a hitters park because it is a home run hitters park. Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, it's you that is clueless!

The CWS finals between Texas & USC several years back that ended 21-14 had the NCAA set new rules for bats because of all the home runs.

The reason many people complain about Jack is because he prefers small ball, but Omaha is designed for the long ball and teams like LSU and others that are successful in Omaha, which we are NOT, recruit heavily for HR hitters because that's what it takes to win in Omaha!

So your argument is that Omaha is a hitters park...

Jun 20, 2010, 5:08 PM

...but we should put a more defensive guy at ss and put his relatively weak bat in the line up.

OK champ...you're right...you've got it all figured out.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Stolz's bat is not near the liability Miller's fielding is!!***

Jun 18, 2010, 3:41 PM [ in reply to A couple of things... ]

i think miller will be at short and epps at dh the way he's

Jun 18, 2010, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Let's hope Jack stays loose. Typically he's not, esp in ]

been hitting and his success in postseason the last 2 years

Almost didn't recognise Coach without a hat!!***

Jun 18, 2010, 3:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Re: Goooooooooo Tigersssssssss WIN WIN WIN ! ! !***

Jun 19, 2010, 6:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic