Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Old people and Facebook.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 414

Old people and Facebook.

May 24, 2020, 9:21 AM

So my cousin is in another state and has covid according to his mom. Anyway he is on FB and runs a small business. He posts a lot about his business on FB.

Well mom posts on his page asking how he's doing. Not knowing or thinking his clients can see it. He responds he's fine and even though everyone's closed he's still working hard and walking the dog. If I could unplug mom from FB I would. I don't even have her as a friend just because she'd post something just like this. Think I'll tell her to use FB messenger in the future.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Young people and Facebook.

May 24, 2020, 9:31 AM

more likely to post anything and everything

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, but old people don't know any better and think

May 24, 2020, 9:36 AM

posting to someone's wall is like a private text message. Pretty clear he wasn't letting people know. Then enters my mom ;)

I don't even use FB much for just this reason. I don't have mom as a friend even because I just know she's post something like asking me to bring her some Pepto because she has the runs and public post it to my wall.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You need to have a talk with your Mom...

May 24, 2020, 11:10 AM

instead of coming on Tnet and bitching about it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a great idea. Can't believe I never thought of that.***

May 24, 2020, 4:01 PM

What a great idea. Can't believe I never thought of that.

May 24, 2020, 4:09 PM

My mom on buddybook is a dumpster fire

May 24, 2020, 10:16 AM

She only gets on FB when she gets emails.she has email feature on. She only looks at emails twice a year so we get comments on #### that happened 6 months ago.

Then she put chain emails on mass messengers texts. As in 30 people. So we get a million messages coming thru until people say, take me off this cluster.

Good times

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't do Buddybook.....

May 24, 2020, 11:09 AM

Cuz it's for needy people and criminals. If peeps want to get on there and tell their personal info they are fools.

Aero said what?***

May 24, 2020, 6:30 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the tigster said his mother posted

May 24, 2020, 11:36 PM

a well meaning but misplaced questions on a facebook page. This is something my mother would do. She's had 3 dang Facebook accounts. I had to make it so she could not see my post from her first one as she'd basically stalk my page. So far I've avoided accepting her request on the second two. She really, really doesn't need to be on Facebook.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The words that express my feelings about FB

May 25, 2020, 7:16 AM

Would get me banned, if used here.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was a FB member for a week

May 25, 2020, 11:05 PM

I had to join to watch The Blue Dogs play online last week.

I had 9 alerts (Phone texts) about people who I might know from Beaufort. I’ve been To Beaufort about 3 times in my life.

I deleted my FB account the same night the Blue Dogs played. I gotta tell you...I don’t really get the need or want to have a Facebook account.

I re-joined FB a few weeks ago because bored. Deleted my

May 26, 2020, 6:45 AM

account several years ago when everything was getting hacked. Nothing has changed. Yeah, it's kinda cool reconnecting with some old friends & family, but already getting a bit tired of it. All the political & religious stuff is tiresome. And the humble bragging... oh, here's a pic of my dog... I just happened to catch our pool and dock and boat in the background of our house on Lake Keowee because I'm a slut and after 3 divorces finally nailed down a guy with money. I think I just channeled a little Lakebum...

Lakebum1®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

I stay in real-life contact with everyone I care to.

May 26, 2020, 9:28 AM

Everyone else that I haven't talked to more than about 6 months, there's probably a reason.

Near as I can tell, the whole reason behind Facebook is to humble brag. I don't have much to humble brag about, so its just easier and prob better for my mental health to not be involved.

I don't think I have spent more than 10 minutes on FB. I

May 26, 2020, 12:28 PM

don't care for it and hate going on dates these days. All they do is get on FB and stay there. You try to talk with them and you're practically talking to a wall.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 414
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic