Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Heroes vs. Idiots
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

Heroes vs. Idiots

Apr 20, 2020, 9:31 AM

Summed up in one photograph. From a protest in Denver; two healthcare workers blocked the protest.

All people protesting stay at home orders and claiming they are oppressed are idiots.

Every single one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Don't really understand what he is doing.

Apr 20, 2020, 9:38 AM

Blocking her from doing what?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Appears to be blocking her from getting to her

Apr 20, 2020, 9:47 AM

salon appointment or something.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The other day protestors blocked entrances to hospitals in

Apr 20, 2020, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Don't really understand what he is doing. ]

Michigan. I assume these healthcare professionals are trying to prevent that from happening in Denver.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/lock-her-anti-whitmer-coronavirus-lockdown-protestors-swarm-michigan-capitol-n1184426

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like, they blocked the entrances on purpose?

Apr 20, 2020, 11:58 AM

Or they incidentally blocked the entrance due to their positioning?

It seemed deliberate, but either way

Apr 20, 2020, 12:08 PM

these people seem to be trying to prevent that from happening again.

Ppl representing opposition to lockdowns as a Trump thing...

Apr 20, 2020, 4:13 PM [ in reply to The other day protestors blocked entrances to hospitals in ]

are amusing. These are Trump's policies, more or less. Just another example of the way Trump is used as an avatar for everything these people are feeling. They can't understand how Trump could be on the other side of things from them. And they probably have a scapegoat within the Administration that they blame rather than Trump.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, it doesn't hurt that Trump talks out of both sides of

Apr 20, 2020, 4:15 PM

his mouth and retweets crazy kooky crap all the time. That gives all those folks a way to believe that Trump is on their side.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, but most of it is just talk

Apr 20, 2020, 5:42 PM

Luckily, his administration has mostly been more responsible than his mouth has been.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heroes vs. Idiots

Apr 20, 2020, 9:46 AM

You are so out of touch w/ reality it is completely absurd. Have you been affected negatively by the shutdowns? Have you lost everything?

What about small businesses that are closing left and right due to the stay at home orders? The government is shutting them down and there is not nearly enough money in the stimulus package to salvage them.

Did you know they are predicting 20% of restaurants will not open again?

Why is Wal Mart allowed to sell guns in some states, but gun stores are forced to lock their doors?

Oh, just a bunch of idiots that are claiming they are oppressed.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2020, 9:52 AM

You're siding with screaming Karen in her SUV as she risks infecting others because she has some pipe dream about revolution or civil war. You're siding with her against the healthcare workers. You want all the businesses opened back up so the virus can spread and kill even more people.

And I'm the one who is out of touch with reality.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Apr 20, 2020, 9:59 AM

“You want all the businesses opened back up so the virus can spread and kill even more people.”

You are truly insane. Another swing and a miss by catahoula.

Do you really think that is what I want?

Why don't you tell me what you want.

Apr 20, 2020, 10:00 AM

Explain it to me so I completely understand. And try not to do it with so much emotion and anger. I'm starting to think you aren't capable of having a discussion here without letting your emotions get a hold of you.

Here in "2nd Amendment Oppression Land" of VA

Apr 20, 2020, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Heroes vs. Idiots ]

gun stores of all stripes are deemed essential businesses and are open.

Also, I renewed my VA Concealed Weapons Permit in VA in about 20 minutes.

Sounds like some real oppression there.***

Apr 20, 2020, 1:31 PM

It is. I can only find range ammo in the stores. I have to

Apr 20, 2020, 2:18 PM

go online for hollow points.

I pull for the car in any instance where people are trying

to block traffic - if you want to protest something, stand on the side of the road.

Unfortunately, he would probably get counted as another Covid-19 death if they did run him over...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I pull for the car in any instance where people are trying

So, pull for screaming Karen over the healthcare worker?

How about the folks in Michigan who were blocking traffic with their cars to protest stay at home?

HC worker is breaking the law standing in the road

Apr 20, 2020, 10:06 AM

Karen is lawfully protesting and keeping social distance from the law breaker....

Funny how you liberals are anti-protest.....

Ha!

Apr 20, 2020, 10:07 AM

After years of you Trumpies on this board slamming anyone who protested police shootings and claiming all those people don't have jobs. Let alone cheering on the idea of people running them over.

I need to amend my post. Anyone siding with screaming Karen is also a fool.

You, my friend are the fool in this case...***

Apr 20, 2020, 10:09 AM

It's pretty open and shut.

Apr 20, 2020, 10:16 AM

If you're celebrating people going out to protest being told to stay home, pretending they're about to start a revolution or a civil war while they carry their AR-15 to the event, thus risking further spread of the virus, you're a clown.

I know in this magical P&R land, people think this is normal behavior, but the rest of America knows you're ridiculous.

Re: Ha!

Apr 20, 2020, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Ha! ]

Catahoula said:

After years of you Trumpies on this board slamming anyone who protested police shootings and claiming all those people don't have jobs. Let alone cheering on the idea of people running them over.

I need to amend my post. Anyone siding with screaming Karen is also a fool.

This just in. Catahoula is siding with rioters that are looting local businesses, and promoting violence against cops. What a terrible person Catahoula is.

You see how easy it is to do this?

Re: Ha!

Apr 20, 2020, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Ha! ]

Are you actually believing some of the crap you are spewing?No one condones some nut driving a car into a crowd.I don’t think robbing a store in broad daylight and then trying to take the officers gun should be praised either.ANTIFA always shows up at a peaceful protest and turns it into a sh!t show.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe you just don't recall...

Apr 20, 2020, 10:23 AM

Or maybe you weren't on this board when it happened, but yes, there were people here advocating motorists' right to plow protestors if they were in the street blocking traffic a couple of years ago.

Re: I pull for the car in any instance where people are trying

Apr 20, 2020, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Re: I pull for the car in any instance where people are trying ]

I'm not pulling for anyone in this photo you #######.

What you are doing is generalizing (something the left hates) because the picture is of a overweight lady wearing a USA shirt yelling. What if she had lost everything due to the government deeming that her business is non-essential? You don't know that and I don't know that either.

Do you actually believe that is a healthcare worker? So you are saying that the hospitals are so dead, that they have time to protest protesters? Interesting.

"I can't stand it when someone has a differing opinion..."

Apr 20, 2020, 10:13 AM

"So I gotta type angrily and call people names!"

Calm your ####, dude.

Yeah, they were identified as nurses. And the woman in the car screamed for them to go live in China since she apparently thinks they support communism.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/health-care-workers-took-stand-against-protestors-opposing-coronavirus-lockdown-n1187711

You are calling those you disagree with "fools"***

Apr 20, 2020, 10:15 AM

I'm calling people who embrace such behavior fools.

Apr 20, 2020, 10:17 AM

Because they are.

Re: "I can't stand it when someone has a differing opinion..."

Apr 20, 2020, 10:19 AM [ in reply to "I can't stand it when someone has a differing opinion..." ]

Catahoula said:

"So I gotta type angrily and call people names!"

Calm your ####, dude.

Yeah, they were identified as nurses. And the woman in the car screamed for them to go live in China since she apparently thinks they support communism.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/health-care-workers-took-stand-against-protestors-opposing-coronavirus-lockdown-n1187711

Catahoula saying people shoudn't call others names that disagree with him all the while creating a thread calling this lady "Karen" because he disagrees with her.

Irony at it's finest.

Yeah? What type of irony is it?***

Apr 20, 2020, 10:24 AM

Re: Yeah? What type of irony is it?***

Apr 20, 2020, 10:27 AM

I can't believe I have to explain this to you.

You said in quotes, making fun of another post, "I can't stand it when someone has a differing opinion So I gotta type angrily and call people names!"

But you literally created a thread, calling the lady "Karen" (a stereotypical white republican soccer mom name) Because she disagreed with you.

No, really. Explain to me what kind of irony it is.

Apr 20, 2020, 10:30 AM

Spoiler alert: I don't think you know what irony is.

I don't know if Karen disagreed with me. I called her a Karen because she's an angry woman yelling out of her car window.

She's Karen AF.

Re: No, really. Explain to me what kind of irony it is.

Apr 20, 2020, 10:45 AM

Catahoula said:

Spoiler alert: I don't think you know what irony is.

I don't know if Karen disagreed with me. I called her a Karen because she's an angry woman yelling out of her car window.

She's Karen AF.

You don't know if she disagrees with you, yet you created a post saying that she was protesting stay at home orders and she was an idiot.

Holy crap man. Take a break, dude.

Not to mention the fact that you cried about "people calling names simply becuase they disagree" yet you called this lady Karen. and you said, "anyone protesting stay at home orders are idiots"

You are such a hypocrite. How can you not see for yourself?

Apr 20, 2020, 10:48 AM

Apr 20, 2020, 10:50 AM

How you know that you won an argument against Catahoula. He starts posting GIFs.

LOL. You have contradicted yourself at least 3 times in this one thread. Take the L and move on.

Apr 20, 2020, 11:38 AM

Actually, that's usually what I do when the person I'm speaking to has become so absurd, I don't feel like engaging in a string of posts any more with him.

I think that nurse could probably stomp some axx... Healthy.***

Apr 20, 2020, 8:10 PM [ in reply to I pull for the car in any instance where people are trying ]

Apr 20, 2020, 10:08 AM

Really don’t know much about Colorado except for the senator who said China and WHO were not responsible for the pandemic.Maybe the protests are about over reach such as being able to buy liquor and weed,but not seed to plant a garden?I don’t know.Seems the health care workers might be better served to be in the hospital.Really don’t think you can spread the virus from your car?Just commenting for a friend.

ill agree with that, since he is actually breaking the law

Apr 20, 2020, 10:22 AM

Maybe Karen was on her way to the green dot store also. More research definitely should be done before calling someone a hero who is blocking traffic. He is a hero for being a health care worker during the pandemic but not for blocking someone from protesting in a car. Just do your job and continue to be a hero that way instead of blocking someone from protesting in a car who obviously doesn’t have a job to go to. This one needs ot as both are tied in the foolish dept

get out of the road, morons***

Apr 20, 2020, 10:46 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Cata called them idiots not morons

Apr 20, 2020, 11:05 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cata called them idiots not morons

Apr 20, 2020, 11:10 AM

Yes, also while advocating that you shouldn't call people who disagree with you names.

Well Cata, that's a full load of horse sheet....

Apr 20, 2020, 11:12 AM

you are making sweeping generalizations based on what has to be very limited information on your part (including in this your other posts/replies below).

Let me first say, the lady in the picture and the guys pictured standing on the steps with weapons and flak jackets are very likely idiots. You'll get no argument from me there.

But to then assign that everyone protesting stay-at-home orders are idiots, is a huge reach and, frankly, just wrong.

I think there are very legitimate grievances by some business owners, especially in rural areas where the coronavirus is hardly even present (as an example). That is why a lot of governors were trying to leave it up to local officials as to whether to completely close down or not. However, there was so much political pressure (also from a lot of Karens I might add) to shut down entire states, that they changed course.

You've got to consider that a lot of people are losing everything they have worked so hard for in terms of impacts on business. When I put myself in their shoes...if I was in a place not largely impacted and I was watching my life's work be destroyed, I suspect I would be getting pretty emotional too. And WAY TOO many people are saying that such folk are just being greedy...or the best one is...that they care more about capitalism than people.

Also, I suspect/believe (and know a bit first-hand from my family) that there is a huge toll being taken on people with mental illness. I've posted a few times on here about my 12 yo son...he's on the autism spectrum...high functioning what used to be calls Asperger's. He's also diagnosed with ADHD and some others things...he's a challenge, to put it mildly. What we've discovered (and knew ahead of time) is that he doesn't handle quarantining well...in fact, he handles it really really poorly. For the last 1.5 weeks I've been forced to work from home, even though I'm running a company that is still operating, in an effort to keep from having to hospitalize him. It's a day-to-day battle and I'm not sure I'm going to win it. In talking to his doctor and therapist, they say it is a huge issue and that many many ppl with mental illness are hanging on by a thread. There is also a pretty big shift statistically in suicide rates for people that unemployed for a long time.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that people pushing, and even protesting, for relaxing some of the shut-down are not all idiots and not all greedy and don't care about human life.

there were some typos in there, but I think you get my point***

Apr 20, 2020, 11:37 AM

Thanks for giving a legitimate response.

Apr 20, 2020, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Well Cata, that's a full load of horse sheet.... ]

But I know I can expect that from you. Others here, not so much.

But to then assign that everyone protesting stay-at-home orders are idiots, is a huge reach and, frankly, just wrong.

I think there are very legitimate grievances by some business owners, especially in rural areas where the coronavirus is hardly even present (as an example). That is why a lot of governors were trying to leave it up to local officials as to whether to completely close down or not. However, there was so much political pressure (also from a lot of Karens I might add) to shut down entire states, that they changed course.

You're right, I probably should have clarified.

Anyone who is waving a bunch of rebel flags, showing up with AR-15s, calling for revolution, and claiming they are being oppressed by the government--those are the idiots. Every one of them. ESPECIALLY since they are contributing to the spread.

I'm not including people who are simply speaking out and disagreeing on social media or wherever. But I don't think those business owners who are struggling with their way of life are the ones showing up to these protests. It's angry fools who think it's civil war time.

So those are the imbeciles.

And I do empathize with those business owners or other Americans losing money because of this, and no, I don't consider them greedy because they're trying to maintain their way of life.

And I'm sorry about that for your son. I can't imagine the hell this is for him.

So I suppose I did a poor job of identifying who I was actually talking about. I'm not referring to average Joe who is just trying to keep his business afloat or support his family who is speaking his mind.

I'm referring to these fools who think it's revolution time and are flocking to protests in hopes of stirring up a riot. I.E., the Karen in the photo, or the armed Confederate flag clowns in Michigan.

fair enough...

Apr 20, 2020, 12:23 PM

I'm not including people who are simply speaking out and disagreeing on social media or wherever. But I don't think those business owners who are struggling with their way of life are the ones showing up to these protests. It's angry fools who think it's civil war time

How do you know all of the people showing up to protests? I don't claim to know either...I did see some interviews with some ppl at a protest that were people like I was referring to and not those wanting to start a revolution and waving around rifles (and I agree those folks are largely idiots).

Re: fair enough...

Apr 20, 2020, 12:31 PM

If there are legitimate people at those protests, they're being overshadowed by the fools claiming this is a hoax, waving rifles and Confederate flags, and those like the guy I just saw on TV in PA asking Trump to ban homosexual marriage.

I would say if you're a sane, normal business owner with valid financial concerns, don't mix in with that crowd.

Maybe...I can't say I've ever been involved in a protest...

Apr 20, 2020, 12:33 PM

like that (or maybe any protest). I wonder how accurate news coverage of those kinds of protests really are. I would guess that the coverage gravitates towards the biggest nutjob, but don't know for sure.

Probably.

Apr 20, 2020, 12:40 PM

I'm like you do; I don't think any protest accomplishes much or would have any desire to join one.

Apr 20, 2020, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: fair enough... ]

Catahoula said:

If there are legitimate people at those protests, they're being overshadowed by the fools claiming this is a hoax, waving rifles and Confederate flags, and those like the guy I just saw on TV in PA asking Trump to ban homosexual marriage.

I would say if you're a sane, normal business owner with valid financial concerns, don't mix in with that crowd.

10-4 Catahoula. So to be clear, you completely backtracked on your original post where you said

"All people protesting stay at home orders and claiming they are oppressed are idiots. Every single one."

It takes a big man to admit that you are wrong.

And to be clear. I do condemn all of the idiots waving confederate flags/assault rifles in these protests.

Apr 20, 2020, 12:59 PM

Actually, I posit that the sane normal people aren't mixed in with that crowd protesting. I doubt they're protesting at all. But I welcome any examples you have via reputable links.

Apr 20, 2020, 1:24 PM

FYI. There are a lot of “sane, normal” people protesting in these crowds because their lives are being ruined from these shutdowns.

Okay, show them to me.

Apr 20, 2020, 1:30 PM

Show me people who are there who are taking proper social distancing measures and other protective steps who are also NOT:

-Waving a Trump flag
-Telling me to convert to Jesus or ban homosexual marriage
-Toting an assault rifle
-Waving Confederate flags
-Calling this all communism and telling people to go to China
-Calling this virus an evil hoax concocted by the media, Pelosi, the Dems, etc.
-Calling for a revolution

Show me a person who is there because he/she is concerned about financial security and supporting his/her family, and show me that person exercising proper safety measures.

Because all I'm seeing are the people I've described above. I have serious doubts that anyone who isn't like these people are actually mixing in with them. I posit that those people are still at home and voicing their concerns to lawmakers in a sane fashion.

Re: Okay, show them to me.

Apr 20, 2020, 1:52 PM

Catahoula said:

Show me people who are there who are taking proper social distancing measures and other protective steps who are also NOT:

-Waving a Trump flag
-Telling me to convert to Jesus or ban homosexual marriage
-Toting an assault rifle
-Waving Confederate flags
-Calling this all communism and telling people to go to China
-Calling this virus an evil hoax concocted by the media, Pelosi, the Dems, etc.
-Calling for a revolution

Show me a person who is there because he/she is concerned about financial security and supporting his/her family, and show me that person exercising proper safety measures.

Because all I'm seeing are the people I've described above. I have serious doubts that anyone who isn't like these people are actually mixing in with them. I posit that those people are still at home and voicing their concerns to lawmakers in a sane fashion.

Catahoula doesn't think these protests contain any of the 20+ million people that are currently unemployed because he hasn't read a news article on it yet.

There are people out there that just got their lives ruined from these shut down orders and all they got was a measly 1,200 bucks. And that's supposed to cover them for how long?

And you are assuming all of these people are gun toting rednecks that have nothing better to do because leftist media hasn't covered it.

Here are some quotes from the organizer of the Tennessee protests from a simple google search.

"We’re just looking out for people that are wanting to have freedom to choose whether they stay at home or not — to choose freedom over fear, basically,” Cheek said. “There’s just not enough statistics right now to support this stay-at-home order and the closing of all these businesses that are really essential to people’s lives and their livelihoods right now.

“Those people are suffering. Those are actual numbers right now of people that are suffering, that aren’t able to feed their families, that won’t be reopening, and are wondering what they’re going to do this next year. So, that is what we’re concerned about, and we’re fighting for those people. Some people here are those people.”

Apr 20, 2020, 1:56 PM

Also it is hilarious that you are so quick to assume this lady is a "Karen" but you 100% believe that the clown in scrubs is a real doctor that took time out of their busy day of saving lives to protest protesters. haha

Apr 20, 2020, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Okay, show them to me. ]

Catahoula doesn't think these protests contain any of the 20+ million people that are currently unemployed because he hasn't read a news article on it yet.

Why do you constantly refer to me in the third person when you reply to my posts? That's... not mentally sound.

There are people out there that just got their lives ruined from these shut down orders and all they got was a measly 1,200 bucks. And that's supposed to cover them for how long?

You still haven't shown me any of them.

And you are assuming all of these people are gun toting rednecks that have nothing better to do because leftist media hasn't covered it.

That's because that's all that keeps appearing on the camera...

Ah, this Bridget Cheek woman. I did a little more research on her since that's your example. She held a protest of 24 people in Johnson City. And she spouted off quotes that appear to show she rides the conspiracy/the virus isn't that bad theory. And, of course, it was more of the "Free Tennessee" and "Don't Tread on Me" sort of conspiracy/"I want a revolution" crap.

Show me a normal, sane person.

Pretty sure those aren’t nurses

Apr 20, 2020, 12:05 PM

yeah they were people dressed up in scrubs***

Apr 20, 2020, 12:18 PM

Social Darwinism is neat.

Apr 20, 2020, 5:11 PM

How soon before trump starts his rallies again, Easter has come and gone.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I tend to think of Darwinism as

Apr 20, 2020, 8:16 PM

'Agnostic', so to speak. But, that's just me, being selective. I'm natural, that way.

It makes perfect sense, the virus came from China, so

Apr 21, 2020, 3:03 AM

we have our very own 'tank man'. Bravo

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic