Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: WATCH: Tailgating for Tigers - Columbia after Dark
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

TNET: WATCH: Tailgating for Tigers - Columbia after Dark

Nov 29, 2017, 8:45 AM

WATCH: Tailgating for Tigers - Columbia after Dark

Video Description: After debating to go at all - we finally decided to get interviews around charming Columbia at night - wasn't pretty! Parked the truck - walk Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The editing on these episodes is atrocious***

Nov 29, 2017, 8:53 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

It has nothing to do with PC or snowflake,

Nov 29, 2017, 9:11 AM

it's called acting like civilized human beings.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: It has nothing to do with PC or snowflake,

Nov 29, 2017, 9:32 AM

Agree!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: WATCH: Tailgating for Tigers - Columbia after Dark

Nov 29, 2017, 9:29 AM

My wife has asked why we never go to the cockroach for the Clemson vs USuC game - this video pretty much covers it. I have no desire to subject my wife or myself to the vulgarities and ugliness that is all too common among the trashy elements of the dirtpecker fanbase that seem to come out of every cesspool in the State for these rivalry games in Columbia.

I also don't enjoy wading through garbage, human excrement, and God knows what else in that third world dump of a stadium and the surrounding area. I did enough of that in Iraq, Panama, Honduras and a few other bad places but at least I was in body armor and armed - I don't care to see/do it in my own country.

All fan bases have "those fans" that are an embarrassment but USuC seems to have more than the norm. As a whole, our society seems to have gotten more self obsessed and crass where common decency and courtesy have been replaced with rudeness and vulgarity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah I agree - every fan base has some - but down there it's almost the inverse is true as the norm seems to be as vulgar as possible and there are some fans who aren't!

Nov 29, 2017, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Tailgating for Tigers - Columbia after Dark ]

Ditto

Nov 29, 2017, 9:30 AM

I haven't been to willy bruce in 32 years learned my lesson then I was 17 had 60 year old man cuss my grandmother and tried to fight me. Dump whole place whole program

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sad part is, they seem to embrace it now as their tradition!

Nov 29, 2017, 10:27 AM

Well, it really is their tradition. Very sad, really. Saddest part is they are proud of it, and that speaks volumes as to who they really are now and what they seem to enjoy being.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What an absolute embarrassment...

Nov 29, 2017, 9:55 AM

And as someone posted on here a few days ago, good fan behavior takes EFFORT, so I hope the majority of our fans continue behaving in a manner that makes Clemson a great place to watch a college football game no matter what team you pull for.

Re: What an absolute embarrassment...

Nov 29, 2017, 10:01 AM

Yeah, me too- we need to reference how embarrassing Saturday was for the Gamecocks when we question is it worth putting in the effort to have class and dignity or just giving in to base human behavior if on message boards or at tailgates!

^^^ Agreed ^^^

Nov 29, 2017, 12:35 PM

Some people have good intentions but are bad at comedy.
Or you can't see when somebody says something with a grin on their face, then it's taken wrong and without the angle of intention that the sender was hoping to imply.
But there is no excuse for this in a public Face to Face interaction.
We should all try to be better human beings and try to leave this earth a better place and having added our positive influence(s) onto mankind.

Re: ^^^ Agreed ^^^

Nov 29, 2017, 2:13 PM

Exactly!

Re: Columbia is looking truly post-apocalyptic these days...

Nov 29, 2017, 11:29 AM

I've spent more than my fair share of time inside and outside of that stadium, but they've really upped the Mad Max factor as of late.

Re: Columbia is looking truly post-apocalyptic these days...

Nov 29, 2017, 2:18 PM

Ha! - I guess they figured one way to save money on renovation is to embrace the most cost effective theme. Mad Max theme is much cheaper than Avatar. They should do new football facilities in same architecture fashion!

Nov 29, 2017, 11:41 AM

I think I have self reflected a little at my time as a student at Clemson. I went along with the group and did the salute during the Seminoles chant. I think we can all learn from them and how bad they look.

It all stems from the Information Age

Nov 29, 2017, 12:28 PM

We get data quickly and socialize with others.
That faceless interaction allows us to be bold, and rude.
People say things over social media that they would never say face to face.
Many people have forgotten what it’s like to be a kind and decent human being.

This discourteous form of communication has emerged from social media as a normal way of life now. Outside of the internet. In other words, the more predominant it is over the inter-webs the more it spills over to public life and interaction.
People just don’t know how to not be offensive and then wonder why they get smacked in the face.

Heck, when all of us old timers were kids we didn’t have the internet. We had to either go to the library or look stuff up in the old and incomplete set of Funk & Wagnalls.
We talked to our friends in person, not via a keyboard.
We were concerned with the feelings of others and knew that if we wanted to remain friends we didn’t call each other vile names and lay unearned and ugly titles on one another.
That has been pretty much removed from todays society.

True assessment

Nov 29, 2017, 2:12 PM

You assessment is one of the most accurate I've read about social media influence now carrying over to real life interaction as people have loss the ability to address the humanity in who they are are talking to. Well said.

Re: True assessment

Nov 29, 2017, 2:46 PM

Thank You!

This video is exhibit A as to why

Nov 29, 2017, 12:41 PM

GWPTiger® should be banned.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Nov 29, 2017, 1:19 PM

5:25

anyone else catch that?.. i guess there's just something about that asphalt jungle that makes people wanta get it on...

1:43 Is that some guy with his girlfriend on a leash?

Nov 29, 2017, 2:43 PM

Just asking, not surprised with that bunch.

Re: 1:43 Is that some guy with his girlfriend on a leash?

Nov 29, 2017, 9:40 PM

I didn't notice that at first, but went back and yeah it does sure look like that! Weird, but as you said - not for Columbia.

Nov 29, 2017, 6:38 PM

Hard to watch. It's worse tJan I thought. Hate has replaced decency and sportsmanship. It used to be limited to drunk fans. Now it's that plus rampant hate for football fans. Maybe it's time to do something different.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2017, 9:45 PM

Yeah, it's like just gave up on trying to behave at a higher level of decency and just settled on the lowest common denominator, and even acting as if having no self-restraint and giving in to hate is a good thing to celebrate. Certainly takes a lot of the fun out of it and just makes it another part of the noisy, overly angry world.

Nov 29, 2017, 8:10 PM

gamecocks really showed their personality

Nov 30, 2017, 11:35 AM

Yeah, they seemed to have embraced that behavior as part of their tradition rather than trying to rise above it.

What's this "by 90" stuff? Did they really think they would

Nov 30, 2017, 11:59 AM

destroy us. More evidence https://www.instagram.com/p/BNRwzzBjPVj/?hl=en

They stole "by 90" .... It's a KENTUCKY Basketball cheer

Nov 30, 2017, 2:16 PM

I was in wonder too at what that stupid saying meant as it seemed a really stupid prediction for football in general, let alone the Gamecocks who barely have an offense at all to say.

A Clemson fan told me that this is apparently a Kentucky Wildcat cheer based on something that happened in Kentucky BASKETBALL that the team won by 90 and it just became a famous wildcat saying after that. "Kentucky by 90"

I'm guessing when Kentucky came to the cochroach earlier this year, the shamecocks thought it sounded cool and stole it. Like that one year, Gamecocks tried to steal the Gator chomp and say it was the #### chomp or something, trying to be like their SEC alter identities.

Pretty sad when stilling football cheers from Kentucky Basketball!!

Doesn't seem that far fetched to me

Nov 30, 2017, 2:28 PM

We could've won by 90 last year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They haven't scored 90 on all their games combined***

Nov 30, 2017, 3:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They haven't scored 90 on all their games combined***

Nov 30, 2017, 4:36 PM

Ha! Sad part is they seemed pretty convinced, or did prior to Saturday, that Bentley is a first rounder?? I'm just not seeing it - but then again never saw the Kiser thing at ND or the really tall guy the media loved so much at VT.

True could have easily put 90 points on them last year.***

Nov 30, 2017, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Doesn't seem that far fetched to me ]

Thanks for clearing that up.

Nov 30, 2017, 3:32 PM [ in reply to They stole "by 90" .... It's a KENTUCKY Basketball cheer ]

I figured it had to be something completely unrelated to any USCjr sports history. Apparently USCjrjr is on board to as evidenced by this twitter account https://twitter.com/CocksBy90

Wow - guess if you're going to steal tradition -do it boldly***

Nov 30, 2017, 4:38 PM

Nov 30, 2017, 4:54 PM

That was FUN and Thanks for the Video! I would rather watch it from Home than be there at NIGHT!

Dec 1, 2017, 4:48 PM

Don't blame you for that - much nicer place to experience it than the post apocalyptic world of Columbia.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic