Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trubitchky
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Trubitchky

Apr 28, 2017, 9:49 AM

Will be a bust for the bears.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get we are all homers, but what has he done to warrant

Apr 28, 2017, 10:16 AM

that?

Not much... either way.***

Apr 28, 2017, 10:17 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I get we are all homers, but what has he done to warrant

Apr 28, 2017, 10:20 AM [ in reply to I get we are all homers, but what has he done to warrant ]

I apologize if I offended you. lol.

Apr 28, 2017, 10:23 AM

I don't think you offended anyone. Your post is just rather middle schoolish. But this IS tigernet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. Fits right in on this board

Apr 28, 2017, 10:34 AM

I had to laugh as I scanned board post titles last night. There is a large contingent here who labor under the illusion that somebody cares about their opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL..."labor under the illusion:...lol***

Apr 28, 2017, 10:45 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Apr 28, 2017, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Re: I get we are all homers, but what has he done to warrant ]

Agreed

Not offended at all. It just seems name calling is a bit

Apr 28, 2017, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: I get we are all homers, but what has he done to warrant ]

childish when it is the NFL teams, not Trubisky, with which you should be upset.

8-5 as a starter...

Apr 28, 2017, 10:22 AM [ in reply to I get we are all homers, but what has he done to warrant ]

in a Division that is almost as weak as the $EC Least.

Maybe the Bears saw some potential that Trubisky never fully revealed in the mere thirteen collegiate games he started.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Not much

Apr 28, 2017, 10:28 AM [ in reply to I get we are all homers, but what has he done to warrant ]

Which is why people think he will be a bust.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I agree with that point, my post was focused on the

Apr 28, 2017, 10:55 AM

'Trubitchsky' subject

Apr 28, 2017, 10:43 AM [ in reply to I get we are all homers, but what has he done to warrant ]

agreed. I will enjoy watching DW4's success make the front offices that passed over him look silly, but Tiger nation is above wishing ill will toward a young man just working hard and living out his dream.

I think MT will be a decent qb; the problem is DW4 is gonna be a lights out franchise qb. Good for the Texans. Their team is pretty loaded too now that they have a franchise qb! Best DL in the NFL. One of best Wr's. great young core of complimentary wrs.

I won't go so far as to say that

Apr 28, 2017, 10:27 AM

because he may be a good player. Just hard to tell from his limited experience. Lets face it Fedora can be a bonehead when it comes to getting his best players the ball so him sitting for 2 years may have been more of a Fedora problem than a Turbisky problem.

That being said, I think we are all happy the Bears didn't pick Watson. They way their organization bungled the draft to move up a spot to get a QB that that hadn't separated himself from any of the other 2 available, and the fact that John Fox isn't exactly a QB friendly coach are reasons to be thankful that Watson was selected later by an organization that has all the pieces in place and has an oline capable of protecting a QB.

Re: I won't go so far as to say that

Apr 28, 2017, 10:35 AM

I thought at one point they said Watson didn't have the size needed to be a productive NFL QB. Isn't Trubisky around the same size as Watson? I guess the size thing didn't pertain to him.

For QB's

Apr 28, 2017, 10:50 AM

You're almost better off having 1 good year then moving on. This has played out many times going all the way back to Akili Smith and Ryan Leaf. Leaf was nearly taken ahead of Manning and there was a lot of the same discussion about all of Peyton's flaws (struggled in big games, arm strength, etc) There was none of that talk around Leaf.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/how-ryan-leaf-convinced-the-colts-to-draft-peyton-manning

But basically after one season, defensive coordinators have an entire off-season to prepare for you and a collection of game film of every strategy that every other defense has employed. You could see it this year at first, every defense had something to throw at Watson to confuse him and it worked to some degree. And then NFL analysts have those flaws to pick apart. What kept Watson afloat was that he eventually found ways to beat those schemes and win nearly every game.

Turbisky's never had that challenge or opportunity thus it doesn't open him up to that level of criticism.

I also think more than the size issue or lack thereof, there's a stigma attached to QB's with mobility, that they give up on plays too easily. Anyone with any football acumen can see that Watson scrambles as a last resort, not as a bail out. But NFL coaches like plays executed as drawn, they aren't as crazy on the freelance and outside the pocket plays for the most part. Turbisky was probably seen in more of that light even though it's more perception than reality.

Biff?***

Apr 28, 2017, 10:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic