Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Immigrants and Trump
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

Immigrants and Trump

Jun 19, 2018, 9:10 AM

Most people want these kids to be with their parents. I am sure they will resolve it soon enough. That said, I think overall this is a winning issue for Trump even if the kids never saw their parents again, which won't happen of course. The immigration issue hurts the Dems. The public generally doesn't want these people. Dems are going to need to find their way to beat Trump in 2020. Russia, illegal aliens, and Stormy Daniels won't change anything. These issues at this stage I think help Trump.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Immigrants and Trump

Jun 19, 2018, 9:13 AM

Agreed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Running on a platform of "Trump hate" is a failing strategy.

Jun 19, 2018, 9:17 AM

They have no message.

Holey ####!!!! Something we agree on.

Jun 19, 2018, 9:23 AM

I think I need to go back to bed now.

I am anti Trump and I am a liberal of course, but..

Jun 19, 2018, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Running on a platform of "Trump hate" is a failing strategy. ]

these issues just don't help the Dems. It was kind of like when Hillary was saying we are all better together and that we should support bringing in the Syrian refugees. I am a liberal and I didn't mind bringing the refugees in. I don't mind these new immigrants either. That said, America generally does and the Dems are setting themselves up for failure. They need focus on middle America.

Re: I am anti Trump and I am a liberal of course, but..

Jun 19, 2018, 9:30 AM

Same here.

I don't mind some immigrants but there has to be a cut off. We simply can't allow anyone and everyone in.

I also hate it for the kids but if they are truly coming from terrible situations, i can't help but wonder if some are indeed better off in an air conditioned environment with three meals day and dr care.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No! Trump is running "concentration camps'!! Get yer

Jun 19, 2018, 9:36 AM

terms kerrect!!

There will be a libbie test!

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

There are supposedly 2000 kids who are being traumatized...

Jun 19, 2018, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: I am anti Trump and I am a liberal of course, but.. ]

potentially, but overall they are safe and being fed well etc. I think most AMericans are more worried about the 300 million AMericans that are citizens of the USA and not citizens of other countries which most Americans don't respect. They don't want open doors for them. That's reality. The Dems will lose on this issue. If these people were graduate students from Japan or Norway maybe it would be different. It's just reality.

That is not reality.

Jun 19, 2018, 9:42 AM

That is your opinion.

I think it is one in the same on this one.*****

Jun 19, 2018, 9:43 AM

Have you got any info to support it?

Jun 19, 2018, 9:47 AM

Not seeing it.

Life, travels, talking to people, reading message boards,

Jun 19, 2018, 10:00 AM

conservative and liberal shows, radio and tv, living in liberal areas and conservative areas, human nature. I realize it is all anecdotal, but I have seen enough. The libs have become really cliché where as it used to be the Repubs that were caricatures. The libs need to branch out.

You must be traveling in some conservative circles. The

Jun 19, 2018, 10:04 AM

numbers don't support your opinion - by a mile.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/18/politics/immigration-trump-approval/index.html

Tru

Jun 19, 2018, 10:15 AM

because the pubs want nothing more than to rip families apart.

It sure does look that way.

Jun 19, 2018, 10:24 AM

The evidence tells us it is so. Trump certainly thinks this is playing well with a portion of his base. There is no evidence to the contrary.

This is not playing well outside a portion of the base. We are seeing more women breaking away from the POT.

That is bull

Jun 19, 2018, 10:35 AM

If you think that a majority of pub voters actually want the families separated, instead of more accepting it as flawed part of the judicial process, you need to get out more. Each side needs to quit vilifying the other on this or nothing is going to get done

Incorrect. 60% of Republicans agree with the policy.

Jun 19, 2018, 11:03 AM

It is because Trump thinks it helps him politically that this new policy is being implemented. It is what Trump thinks his base wants and the polling suggests he is correct.

Please think about this

Jun 19, 2018, 11:36 AM

do you actually think 60% of pubs actually desire the families ripped apart, or do they agree with enforcing current laws that unfortunately have an undesired effect of doing so.

If you answer is yes to the first, oh my.

Wonder why Trump thinks you guys like it so much?

Jun 19, 2018, 11:48 AM

That's the only reason he has implemented this policy.

Whatever dude***

Jun 19, 2018, 11:51 AM

Like I stated, I think he knows...

Jun 19, 2018, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Wonder why Trump thinks you guys like it so much? ]

how much they care about not having illegal aliens in the USA. I think Trump's crew thinks it is a deterrent to not caudle the illegals. They want to let illegals know that you can't use kids to get into the US. Trump thinks being tough on illegal immigration is a strength for him and helps him. That's why. He knows his base supports him and it's a major issue for them. Maybe even their top issue?

I agree that this issue and ones

Jun 19, 2018, 12:10 PM

like it that involve a level of animus towards people of color is a lightening rod for his base. It is their top issue. I agree.

But, it is not a winning issue for the general voter. There just is no evidence to suggest otherwise.

I definitely think there is a bias as you state.

Jun 19, 2018, 12:16 PM

Some of it is fair possibly. They don't want those particular people. The anti immigration sect thinks they are protecting America. They think they want AMerica stronger. I bet if they were all very rich educated people of color at the border it would be different. You think it's just skin color?

Yep. This poll says 55% of Repubs support the separation

Jun 19, 2018, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Please think about this ]

of parents and children at the border. Sorry dude, but you are just wrong on this one.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/more-than-half-of-republicans-support-trumps-policy-of-separating-migrant-families-poll-finds-2018-06-18

I don't think they mean forever.

Jun 19, 2018, 11:59 AM

I think they just think that first and foremost border security comes first.

The fact is, Republicans support this new policy.

Jun 19, 2018, 12:04 PM

No matter how they spin it.

I think they are more worried about what will...

Jun 19, 2018, 12:08 PM

solve the border issue that they are freaking out on. They just want to get to that main issue.

sorry dude

Jun 19, 2018, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Yep. This poll says 55% of Repubs support the separation ]

but supporting the current policy, and desiring families split aren't one in the same.

See what I am trying to say. you can agree that if someone is found breaking the law, and needs to be detained, and currently can't keep children with parents while being detained,....

is so different than saying

man I wish we would just break them all up, serves them right.

but its obvious I'm not getting that point across to you, must be the tinfoil

I keep giving you info and you keep giving me opinion.

Jun 19, 2018, 12:06 PM

You may be hopeful, but the facts don't support your position.

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2550

The only fact I see is that more than half responded yes

Jun 19, 2018, 1:33 PM

to the following question

As you may know, some families seeking asylum from their home country cross the U.S. border illegally and then request asylum. In an attempt to discourage this, the Trump administration has been prosecuting the parents immediately, which means separating parents from their children. Do you support or oppose this policy?

You take it as this means people want families seperated

I read it as people are willing to accept an unfortunate result of "immediate prosecution".

This has gotten way to contentious for my taste, maybe over a beer someday....

It seems pretty straight forward when they are asked that

Jun 19, 2018, 1:51 PM

question, they said yes.

Do you think Trump is making a mistake to assume his base loves it? He's doubling down on it already today.

oh, not defending ole hair in a spray can

Jun 19, 2018, 2:14 PM

but the pubs I know, don't think this is a specific outcome they would desire

You're not getting what I am saying...

Jun 19, 2018, 10:39 AM [ in reply to You must be traveling in some conservative circles. The ]

or I am not saying it well. I have said it my original post that people don't want the kids separated from their parents. I am pointing out that people care more about not having illegals in the USA overall. That is something the Dems are known as being weak on. I think people want these kids with their parents and deported. Immigration is a losing issue for the Dems and not for Trump.

OK. You and I disagree on this.

Jun 19, 2018, 11:07 AM

It ignites his base, but no more. It won't be a winning issue for Repubs in 2018 or 2020. The base of the POT is losing steam. This is intended to reignite their passions for voting. Judging from polling, this issue is becoming more and more of a problem for them and will only get worse.

I think it is issues like this why we lost the last election

Jun 19, 2018, 11:14 AM

Immigration is a losing issue for Dems in swing states. I think the middle leans towards the Repubs on this issue. Dems will pander to their base. Repubs will pander to theirs. I lean towards the middle still thinks the Dems are perceived weak on immigration. We're stronger on other things, but not immigration. We need to realize our weaknesses and not feed into them if we want to win.

Re: That is not reality.

Jun 19, 2018, 9:49 AM [ in reply to That is not reality. ]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XVCtkzIXYzQ

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Hold on...

Jun 19, 2018, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: I am anti Trump and I am a liberal of course, but.. ]

Are we arguing that toddlers who have been taken away from their parents indefinitely are better off because they have some AC?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I think he just meant that he had faith they were..

Jun 19, 2018, 11:24 AM

being taken care of in decent conditions. I agree with you though, like most of us do, that they should be together.

They're all coming here because of imminent, unavoidable

Jun 19, 2018, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Hold on... ]

rape and murder in their home country, or so I'm told, so on some level playing soccer in a tent city would have to be better than that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget about the mid-terms - Only 5 more months!

Jun 19, 2018, 9:33 AM

You're getting a little ahead of yourself.

Republicans have nothing to tout other than emotionally charged issues like this to fire up their base heading into the mid terms. Notice no tweets and comments about the stock market these days. Look for lots of immigration demagoguery(they won't allow compromise), lying about NFL protests and other divisive and emotional tactics going into November. Those are the issues that Trump understands so well that his base wants to hear about. If there is one thing Trump is good at, it's knowing what his base wants to hear.

The massive import tax increases have triggered an economic activity killing trade war and the tax cuts haven't trickled down to the middle and lower class(they weren't designed to) and are providing very limited stimulus in spite of the enormous increase in the deficits.

Even with every branch of government under Republican control, there's no record of accomplishment to run on. The extreme right can't agree with the far right on anything but the tax cuts. They tell us, if they can just push all of the center-right members of the Republican Party out, they can get stuff done.

As this audio and video of these children emerges, it is only playing well with the male base of the party. It's not expanding it. It's shrinking it. Laura Bush was right. It's not going to be a winning issue for the POT.

The mid terms are different though.

Jun 19, 2018, 9:42 AM

I could see the Dems doing well there, because people just hate Congress. The Dems are putting tons of women on tickets who I think will do well. 2020 presidential is a ways off, but as of today they would be done imo.

While I disagree strongly with your opinion, is there

Jun 19, 2018, 9:45 AM

anything that matters less than the your perception of the score at the end of the first quarter? :)

Definitely not...

Jun 19, 2018, 9:50 AM

but right now we are trying to run Kelly Bryant down the gut of Bama's D when we should know it will never work. As of now we are just waiting on Trump to make mistakes, which he easily could do. We don't have forever for public opinion though.

Congressional Republicans are in a panic over this new

Jun 19, 2018, 9:55 AM

immigration policy. Repubs in blue states are coming out against it. Look for the pressure on
Congressional Republicans to mount to the point where they make Trump eventually stop it, but a bit too late.

They are doing the right thing.

Jun 19, 2018, 10:03 AM

They know have their hands full with or without this issue. We will see if it is a blue wave.

The lying is an attempt to obfuscate the truth, but when

Jun 19, 2018, 10:06 AM

the audio and video come out, things change. Just ask Richard Nixon.

Americans need to see it and feel it or they will ignore it. Don't know if you've heard it, but it is not easy to ignore.

I heard it and it is very sad.

Jun 19, 2018, 10:16 AM

I don't think in the end the masses really care much about these refugees as far as feeling for them, or not enough at least I should say they aren't passionate other than keeping them out of the country. They are seen as burdens. I think the desire to keep them all out tops their feelings for an inconvenienced illegal family. I think that is how most view it. At the most they think it is travesty the trauma these children are going through, but that we have to keep these families out most of all. They think we have had a broken system and we can't be flooded with these people.

Re: Congressional Republicans are in a panic over this new

Jun 19, 2018, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Congressional Republicans are in a panic over this new ]

YOU DO REALIZE THAT THIS POLICY WAS EXACTLY THE SAME WHEN YOUR HERO HUSSEIN WAS IN POWER. GOOGLE IS A GREAT THING. SEEMS YOU USE IT ENOUGH TO FIND IDIOTIC STUFF THAT SUPPORTS YOUR OPINIONS.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congressional Republicans are in a panic over this new

Jun 19, 2018, 11:06 AM

AND HERE IS YOUR OTHER HERO.

https://www.facebook.com/hector.granolita/videos/1975431019402960/

THAT IS A LIE, deroberts.

Jun 19, 2018, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Congressional Republicans are in a panic over this new ]

Back to the drawing board for you.

No, you libbies need to keep posting this picture

Jun 19, 2018, 9:34 AM

Sirriusly, you guys need this picture to save 'Merica...this is a great winnin' strategerie

Re: No, you libbies need to keep posting this picture

Jun 19, 2018, 9:36 AM

Thankful this liberal didn't fall for that fake. Can't say the same for a couple of other liberals on tnet. ??

Eeven if the picture were new, I don't think it...

Jun 19, 2018, 9:48 AM

really would mean much to most. They would care, but not enough. It would be like a sad commercial for poor kids on TV. People say they feel bad, but they don't break out the wallet and make the call to help out. They go pop another craft beer.

it is new...just fake***

Jun 19, 2018, 9:50 AM

Even if it were real, I don't think it would matter.*****

Jun 19, 2018, 9:54 AM

Dems could slam dunk the public opinion

Jun 19, 2018, 10:21 AM

if they would come up with some solution.

You can't cry foul forever without offering a fix. No one wants to see families torn apart. But I sense that the Dem leadership wants a return to letting these groups have a free pass across the border. That ain't gonna work with a majority of the populace. They keep holding onto that whole concept, they are going down with the ship.

I'm waiting for someone to come up with a compromise, somehow keep these families together while current regulations dictate who gets in and who doesn't. Is it that hard?

Re: Dems could slam dunk the public opinion

Jun 19, 2018, 10:26 AM

I think the wall is part of the deal and they don't want it.

that is the deal that has been presented

Jun 19, 2018, 10:36 AM

come up with their own solution, even if the pres is going to go against it, but make it clear and present it as united. Instead of continually saying Trump is bad, pubs are bad, bad bad bad....

Re: that is the deal that has been presented

Jun 19, 2018, 10:43 AM

Trump said now wall no deal. Libs aren't budging either. I ink they are at an impasse.

Re: Immigrants and Trump

Jun 19, 2018, 12:51 PM

The current Democratic leadership oversaw the greatest decline in Democratic Party influence across the country in 60 years. They also oversaw the flawed nomination of arguably the worst Dem nomination for President...ever.

As long as these same people are the Democratic Party's "leadership", the Dems are doomed to a future of screaming rhetoric into open space.

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic