Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Troy not Sunbelt Champions???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Troy not Sunbelt Champions???

Nov 30, 2016, 10:04 PM

I'm very confused. I just saw on Sports that Appalachian State won the Sunbelt Football Conference Championship. But they have the same amount of conference losses as Troy and Troy beat them head to head. So why isn't Troy the Sunbelt Champion? And if your asking why this matters to Clemson, well beating a conference champion, even if it's just the lowly Sunbelt, would carry a lot of weight with the playoff committee.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Troy not Sunbelt Champions???

Nov 30, 2016, 10:10 PM

I checked their schedule and conference record. Wherever you saw it probably just made a mistake.

Troy would be too if they win (and Ark St)

Nov 30, 2016, 10:10 PM

The Sun Belt does not have tie-breakers, because there are no divisions and it's not a full round-robin. Anyone who finishes with the best record is declared a co-champion.

App State is 7-1, and will finish with the best record. Arkansas State and Troy are 6-1 but have a game left in conference. So Arkansas State and Troy can still become Sun Belt co-champs.

I don't think any of it matters too much. It seems that we're in the playoffs if we win and we're not if we lose. I'm cheering for Troy just because they earned my respect -- and annoyance -- in September.

Re: Troy would be too if they win (and Ark St)

Nov 30, 2016, 10:22 PM

I guess what they meant was App State clinched the Co Championship. But that's Not what they said. They clearly said Appalachian state clinched it's first Sun Belt Championship. I guess its misleading. Btw it was channel 13 and was recorded Saturday night after The Game!

Troy has one more game on 12/3 against Georgia Southern

Nov 30, 2016, 10:13 PM

If Troy wins they would have identical conference records but Troy would have an overall better record and should be the champion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic