Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trip to the ER during the current situation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 829

Trip to the ER during the current situation

Mar 18, 2020, 6:40 PM

Yesterday afternoon, wife started getting wheezy and short of breath (she just started round 2 of chemo last week one of her tumors is pressing on her lung) and dr told her to go to ER. We show up at Sprtbg Regional at the ER door and a deputy sheriff comes out to see what’s going on, goes back in to get a wheel chair and masks for us both.
He wheels her in while I go park.

1st time ever there is only one other person in the waiting area. I’ve had to come here more often than I like and it’s usually a three ring circus with escaping lions
They take her right back after robing up full bio protection gear (to protect her from them they said)

Team of 2 nurses worked to get blood samples etc then 2 different docs came and checked her over.

Long story short, no ‘rona, inflammation from the chemo and the tumor battling it out. Still here getting breathing treatments and steroids to control everything - hope to go home tomorrow if she can walk down the hall without getting short of breath.

Everybody here has been top-notch 1st class. We knew the cancer center was excellent. ER was a pleasant surprise. Even though they will probably need every mask and robe in the coming weeks, they always cover up before they come in to protect my wife.

When we go home, she will be under strict isolation and I’ll have to be extra careful every time I go out for food, medicine, etc. so you stud muffins that ain’t skert, how ‘bout thinking about people like my wife that are already fighting cancer with all they have and this virus would be a definite death sentence. Hopefully I can keep her protected until they get the vaccine worked out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

dude, good luck and prayer vibes to your family

Mar 18, 2020, 6:46 PM

nobody deserves this - any time, much less now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You and the Mrs. get all the vibes tonight, my brother.***

Mar 18, 2020, 6:49 PM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ts & Ps to y’all!

Mar 18, 2020, 6:53 PM

??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good luck to your wife (and you)***

Mar 18, 2020, 6:53 PM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wasn't going to have a beer tonight. Now I will.

Mar 18, 2020, 6:54 PM

Cheers

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ts and Ps for you guys.

Mar 18, 2020, 6:54 PM

I hope everything turns out just fine. I can only imagine the level of stress while having to fight for your life, having a weakened immune system, and then along comes a pandemic. We’re rooting for you both.

I don’t think that most in here who are joking and kidding about the coronavirus are doing it to be hurtful. Probably just the Jounge’s way of dealing with the current stressful situation. Love you man and thanks for sharing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

T's and P's for her

Mar 18, 2020, 6:58 PM

have you looked into Shipt? one time fee and they deliver from many places.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks I’ll check it out***

Mar 18, 2020, 7:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

One time = annual, sorry

Mar 18, 2020, 7:19 PM

but not a bad deal - $99 and they deliver from Target and Publix near me. It is owned by Target, I think.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not in my area yet - poot***

Mar 18, 2020, 8:31 PM

Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Hoping all goes well for the both of you! *****

Mar 18, 2020, 7:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good luck man, I hope everything works out well for her and

Mar 18, 2020, 7:16 PM

you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks everyone- we are lucky to have the level

Mar 18, 2020, 7:43 PM

of care we have in little ol’ Spartanburg. I know she is in very good hands.

Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: Trip to the ER during the current situation

Mar 18, 2020, 7:45 PM

I don’t know you man, but I want to give you a hug. Amazing husband and amazing dude. Keep it up man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trip to the ER during the current situation

Mar 18, 2020, 8:04 PM

Glad to hear she is not infected with the virus!

Sorry to hear she's going through such a mess during these times. Hope the best for you both moving forward!

Prayers - hope your wife

Mar 18, 2020, 8:13 PM

Continues to get better and also take care if yourself.

*of*

Mar 18, 2020, 8:14 PM

she can do it

Mar 18, 2020, 8:51 PM

you can do it

hang in there

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

prayers for both of you.

Mar 18, 2020, 9:56 PM

Glad you got a lil positive news in the middle of your ordeal. Hang in there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 829
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic