Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 132
| visibility 1

TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date

Jan 11, 2019, 6:13 PM

President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date

President Donald Trump announced on Twitter Friday that he will host Clemson at the White House next Monday, Jan. 14. The ceremony will honor the Tigers' second Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date

Jan 11, 2019, 6:16 PM

That is super fast.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 10:52 PM

He's looking for good press. He needs it. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he loves how our defense built a wall around the

Jan 12, 2019, 3:43 PM

Endzone to keep Bama out ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$10 he makes some kind of plug like this

Jan 14, 2019, 10:43 AM

That's what she said!***

Jan 12, 2019, 3:51 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

SEC fast!***

Jan 12, 2019, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 6:18 PM

This will soon turn into a “We should/shouldn’t go” convo...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 11, 2019, 6:28 PM

I doubt it with this team. All class. They will all be there.

Jan 11, 2019, 7:30 PM

Has anyone thought about the fact these guys have just recently returned from the game, they hear this evening they're invited to be there Monday, they are in a Parade tomorrow, giving them 1 day to plan a trip to DC?

Jan 11, 2019, 9:29 PM

Our team has been preparing all year to be honored and presented with awards. They will handle the short notice just fine.

Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date***

Jan 14, 2019, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

Jan 11, 2019, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

Absolutely ALL CLASS for the ALL TIME GREATEST!

Go Tigers!!!

Jan 11, 2019, 9:14 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

they did not all go last time in 2017

Jan 11, 2019, 10:16 PM

And they still had “class”

Some of them have to go to class.***

Jan 12, 2019, 3:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

And they still had “class”

Jan 11, 2019, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

Yes they went the last time we won Championship. Many photos of Deshaun, Ben etc at the Presidential podium

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Which guys had the funny Twitter selfies with him last time?

Jan 11, 2019, 10:57 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

It was a play on the time Trump pointed out the only black guy at his rally as: “There he is, my African American”

Re: He was not the only black guy at the rally....

Jan 12, 2019, 8:59 AM

Trump had been talking to him earlier and asked where he was. Saw him and said there he is, my african american. Stop with the fake news. I guess you really believe that though.

these young men are taught to respect the office

Jan 12, 2019, 12:24 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

Whether you like who holds it or not.

It's a great honor

Jan 11, 2019, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

Even if only one or two people publicly say that they don't want to go and it gets back to Trump, he will likely rescind the invitation like he has with several other championship teams.

Jan 11, 2019, 11:22 PM

If it's one or two or even a handful, it will go in as planned.

Trump cancelled Golden State when they pretty much all said they wouldn't go and then Philadelphia where there significantly more than a few who said they wouldn't be going.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 11:26 PM

You're right, I was being a bit tongue in cheek, although it's difficult to interpret my meaning via message board.

It would take at least a few making a big stink or several more saying a mild public comment before the invitation would be rescinded. I feel like the team will be able to keep their personal politics out of it. If specific members don't want to go they will likely just choose not to go without drawing any attention to themselves.

I'm glad that the team will be able to do it quickly before social media tries to make an issue out of it.

Jan 12, 2019, 1:07 PM

Why does this have to be politicized? It's am honor. Go and enjoy it! Trump has been very complimentary of our team.

Jan 11, 2019, 6:22 PM

Enjoy the free, educational and sightseeing trip. Bond with your coaches and teammates!
Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 6:25 PM

Well said.

Jan 11, 2019, 8:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

Go Tigers take a bow at the people's house! A once in a lifetime opportunity for most people but not so rare for our guys!!

Jan 11, 2019, 6:25 PM

May not happen . I am heading to Anacostia with a fuel barge ( jet fuel for Trump's aeroplanes and helicopters among others ) and the forecast is calling for 5 inches to fall Sunday evening into Monday .

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 11, 2019, 7:17 PM

I live in the DC area and right now the forecast is for the snow to stay mostly south of DC. Were they going to Richmond I’d be worried.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

I just flew over Airforce 1 sitting on a Barge off the Potomac

Jan 11, 2019, 6:37 PM

The team will be very excited to go to the White House. It’s a honer to be recognized doesn’t matter who the president is.

Jan 11, 2019, 6:41 PM

In that pic above Boulware should be wearing Lincoln's top hat. :D

Jan 11, 2019, 6:41 PM

This trip isn’t about republicans or democrats. This trip isn’t about Pro-Trump or Anti-Trump. This trip is about this team and what they have accomplished. Going to the White House is an honor reserved for champions and I fully expect the team to treat it like that regardless of who is in the white house

No one else mentioned it.***

Jan 11, 2019, 6:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

No it's not, it's about diversion. Why else would it planned so soon with the government shutdown going on and no consideration for how long it takes to get plans made for a team this size to travel.

Jan 11, 2019, 8:23 PM

U don’t think they confirmed with us before scheduling and announcing? You and your Coot U might not be able to handle it but I’m sure our fine university can. This is an honor and 1 last chance for most of the team to travel together. We requested a quick scheduling after the win. Take the politics that way. (Mid finger up)

Jan 11, 2019, 8:48 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

You are a snowflake and should go away

Idiot: They scheduled it fast before some players head

Jan 11, 2019, 8:53 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

To the NFL. It’s an honor to be invited to the White House. Keep your political vitriol out of it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

I’m sure our seniors and those going to the nfl would like to get this done so they can focus on preparing for pro day, senior bowl, combine etc.

Jan 14, 2019, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

I feel sorry for people like you I really do.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Jan 12, 2019, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

Amen!

Jan 11, 2019, 6:54 PM

How hurtful and degrading...so sad to see the pride I've taken in the Clemson Tigers and to see the pride and ownership they've shown as leaders to be wiped away if they visit Trump. Dabo you should know better if you are truly the glory to god man you seem to be. This visit is not worthy of showing the world how Clemson supports such a failure of a man for our country. I forgave the 1st visit but now you surely know better! NBA and NFL teams don't show when invited....to their credit!

Jan 11, 2019, 6:59 PM

Another stupid "first post" by a liberal troll. Go away boy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 10:30 PM

To be fair, there are numerous conservatives and moderates that are opposed to Trump as well. Just because someone is anti-Trump doesn't automatically mean that they're a liberal.

Yes, all of the globalist uniparty is united against Trump.

Jan 12, 2019, 12:46 AM

Ruined their little game for a while.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since when is it such a crime to be liberal anyway?

Jan 12, 2019, 2:53 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

We are all entitled to our own opinions. Name-calling people who disagree with your philosophy is childish. Honest respectful discourse is being an adult. We got to embrace our differences.

I think Trump is a horrible president. It wouldn't stop me from going if I were on the team though. This is bigger than who is in the office. Time to put the politics aside for one d a m n minute!!

Would any fans here who are hugely conservative skip it if they were a player and we won during Obama's tenure? I would hope not either!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 7:03 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

Go away, this isn't about politics. This is about National Recognition which you obviously don't understand! F* the NBA and NFL! They can cram balls where the sun don't shine! Anyone invited to visit the White House for National Recognition and let their Dem vs Rep agenda get in the way will always be the ones you can't have conversation with. I bet you didn't even vote in Nov or in the presidential race.

You are wasting your life...

Jan 11, 2019, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

when you relate everything to politics. Normal people don't act like that. It makes you look very small and petty.

I refuse to argue politics with you. Tnet has a forum for that and I suggest you find it before you end up being a non participant on this one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

This is an honor that is reserved for the champion. I believe in America and American traditions such as football, baseball etc..... Traditionally the champion is invited to the Whitehouse and that’s what it is. A tradition. Those who don’t want to participate don’t have to. That is their choice.

Jan 11, 2019, 7:21 PM

Well said.

Jan 11, 2019, 7:17 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

This is not a personal recognition from President Trump or just Republicans, this is his representing the people of these United States in honoring the Clemson Tiger football team for their accomplishment.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 7:25 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

Get the F*** off the page with your BS....if you followed Clemson you would know its about pride not politics...its an honor to meet the President no matter who they are...you dont have to believe in their politics but they still are The President of the United States...

Message was edited by: usarmyshreve®

That's your opinion. Mine is you're FOS.***

Jan 11, 2019, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

Jan 11, 2019, 9:37 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

The book says to "Honor the King." We can honor the office of President regardless of the person who holds the office. I am to pray for the leaders of our country regardless of my view of their activities. I do pray for President Trump and other leaders of this country including Pelosi, Schumer and McConnell.

That being said the vitriol thrown at the left and the right by the other side only serves our enemies like the Russians and Chinese. I am not opposed to President Trump even though I oppose many of his policies. I do support the president honoring this Clemson Tiger football team. I also support any player's right not to go if they do not want to go so does Dabo, he did not force any player to go last time we went.

^^^^^sad***

Jan 11, 2019, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

There's something in these hills.

Jan 11, 2019, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

SPOT ON! Just saw the FBI was investigating him for working with the Russians... WTH!

Jan 12, 2019, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

OMG! Where do these lunar leftists come from? Man, how sanctimonious can you get? This is not about party or political views, it is about nationally honoring a great sports achievement and giving our deserving players a lifetime experience. I hope that they don't let the extremists rob them of that.

Jan 12, 2019, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

You are one sick coot!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2019, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

Go contribute to the Clinton Crime family and put on your ###### hat.

Jan 11, 2019, 7:03 PM

:) :) :) :) :)

Had to schedule it fast, before the next round of indictments...

Jan 11, 2019, 7:18 PM

Lol!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LMAO - Drumpft is surely finished this time!***

Jan 14, 2019, 9:52 AM

null

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 8:16 PM

Go Tigers...to the People’s House. It’s a great trip and experience (Although right now the Weather May be a concern)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter your Political allegiance...

Jan 11, 2019, 8:27 PM

Whether or not like/agree with Mr. Trump and/or his politics...

This is a great Honor.. To have the Greatest team in the Modern Era to be recognized for our great Accomplishments!!!...

Now go tour the Washington Monument for me!!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 8:31 PM

The people's house has democrats and republicans and independents. Notice no one chooses to stay home who runs for office and gets elected. It's an honor to serve and a tradition to be honored at our nation's capitol. No matter how I feel about any current resident, I always support the office. Our team being recognized is basically our entire country honoring national excellence in college football. Period.

Jan 12, 2019, 1:20 PM

And a great boon to Clemson University, as well as the players. These extremist idealogues! Always lurking out there.

It is a bit quick but I can't see any reason..

Jan 11, 2019, 8:35 PM

to hold anything against those who do or don't go. There may be issues outside politics that may make it impossible for some to go on this short a notice. This should not be a political tennis ball to be discussed ad nauseam.

Re: It is a bit quick but I can't see any reason..

Jan 12, 2019, 1:21 PM

Exactly! It's not political.

What an honor to be recognized by the people of the USA

Jan 11, 2019, 8:42 PM

What a great tradition!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Put Our Defense On The Border This Summer

Jan 11, 2019, 8:46 PM

They would stop any intrusions.

Re: Put Our Defense On The Border This Summer

Jan 11, 2019, 8:53 PM

As long as they don't sneak past our safeties

Unlike all the old white dudes on this board....

Jan 11, 2019, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Put Our Defense On The Border This Summer ]

...our Tigers defense probably isn't scared chitless (like a bunch of women) by a bunch of poor people trying to get into the country to work construction jobs and send money to their families.

In other words....real men....

Misspelled 'leech off our economy and social programs.'***

Jan 12, 2019, 12:49 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Misspelled 'leech off our economy and social programs.'***

Jan 12, 2019, 11:43 AM

that would be a very compelling argument if it were true.

Re: Unlike all the old white dudes on this board....

Jan 12, 2019, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Unlike all the old white dudes on this board.... ]

So anyone who happens not to agree with you is an "Old white dude?" What rock in North Korea did you crawl out from under? There's the extreme left for you, folks. They are out there, and we'd better be aware of it.

Re: Unlike all the old white dudes on this board....

Jan 12, 2019, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Unlike all the old white dudes on this board.... ]

My wife is Ecuadorian and everyone of them that sneaks across makes it harder for me to get her here legally. Nobody is saying they are bad people, but they should not be rewarded for circumventing the law.

I wonder if Trump would have shown such enthusiasm about the

Jan 11, 2019, 9:17 PM

visit had like Oregon or USC won the title?

Re: I wonder if Trump would have shown such enthusiasm about the

Jan 12, 2019, 1:31 PM

Why wouldn't he have had the same enthusiasm had it been one of those schools? Ar you saying that there exists some kind of "conspiracy" between Clemson and the Trump administration? Really?? Wow! Gone off your medication??

Re: I wonder if Trump would have shown such enthusiasm about the

Jan 12, 2019, 4:41 PM [ in reply to I wonder if Trump would have shown such enthusiasm about the ]

Trump is not the one that has politicized any of these events. Golden State and Philadelphia had the opportunity until they politicized the event. Both Clemson and Alabama have visited and there was no political implications for either visit, and there should not be Monday as well. Any that do not want to attend can stay home and nothing will be said. At the same time, they should be respectful of the ones that do want to attend and not make an issue of it. I respect either decision, but I would have a real issue if either side is critical of anyone that did not make the same choice.

What about national emergency?

Jan 11, 2019, 9:57 PM

TSA working without pay? I don’t want want the stink of this con man near such a group of fine young men. I wonder if he just tweeted this out and this is news to everyone.?

Re: What about national emergency?

Jan 11, 2019, 10:30 PM

Sure he did.. just got up and said I’ll tweet this crap out to #### with Clemson. Joe Duncan addressed congress this week and asked for this and his office helped facilitate this.

it ain't about you

Jan 12, 2019, 1:09 AM [ in reply to What about national emergency? ]

you don't get to take away this amazing opportunity from our fine team.

You do get to whine and cry about it though on a message board.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2019, 7:24 AM [ in reply to What about national emergency? ]

BS -Pelosi and Shumer are the jerks

Jan 12, 2019, 1:35 PM [ in reply to What about national emergency? ]

TSA? Hello? What does this have to with the Clemson players visiting the White House? This gets more bizarre by the moment. Unbelievable!!

Jan 12, 2019, 12:06 AM

We live in a very political society. All business decisions occur because of some form of politics. In the United States, we all have a right to free speech. We may not agree with each other every time, but we should respect each other every time. Coach Swinney may have made a decision that he feels is best for Clemson University. As a graduate of Clemson, I do not want my university's reputation blemished by visiting a President that has chosen not to represent all citizens of this beautiful country. As a veteran, I've seen this President display racism, xenophobia, discrimination, sexism, disrespect for Senior Military Officials, etc. I'm very proud of our National Champions, but I don't think every player will feel welcome, therefore, the team should not visit this President. I'm amazed how so many of you have stated that we should respect the Office of the President, but that's not what I read on this very board when President Obama was in office.

lmao how come you clowns only come out when the political

Jan 12, 2019, 12:34 AM

Re: lmao how come you clowns only come out when the political

Jan 12, 2019, 1:24 AM

No clown here, I have 2 master degrees. The name calling that you have chosen to display, shows that you're void of intellectual dialog. Do realize that my talking points belong to me, not the left or right. As I stated before, we may not agree with every thing that others say, but we should always respect each other. You have chosen to attempt to disrespect, but I'm above that. If you have not witnessed the current President display racism, xenophobia and discrimination, then it shows that you're not an astute political junkie. I noticed you did not address the disrespect that he has displayed toward the Senior Military Officials. My grandmother use to say that a hit dog will holler, I see what she was talking about when I read your response. You started ranting about all the democrats, for what? I wrote about a person's actions, not his political affiliation. Being recognized by a racist is not an honor. Visiting the racist provides validation for the racist and his causes. There are many players on the team that have ancestry that is connected to many of those S***H**** countries. Many do not agree with the current President, that includes liberals, conservatives and moderates. I will stay above the name calling and respect you as a person, but disagree on beliefs.

Get over yourself

Jan 12, 2019, 1:36 AM

Re: Get over yourself

Jan 12, 2019, 3:07 PM

You are dealing with a typical doctrinaire leftist, so don't expect any degree of rationality, but just left-wing thought-speak spouting the traditional leftist line. Sadly, they largely control academia where they are entrenched with big salaries, benefits, and tenure----which means they can't be fired. Imagine that!!

Jan 12, 2019, 6:13 PM

Well, to be fair...if the Universities got rid of all the leftist profs, a lot of kids wouldn't be exposed to differing viewpoints/beliefs/etc.

Jan 14, 2019, 4:52 PM

If most universities got rid of all the liberal profs, they wouldn't have any.

And I should be impressed by a smart liberal with TDS?***

Jan 12, 2019, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Re: lmao how come you clowns only come out when the political ]

Re: And I should be impressed by a smart liberal with TDS?***

Jan 12, 2019, 3:08 PM

TDS? Sorry, not getting your point.

He has two Masters Degrees....

Jan 12, 2019, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: lmao how come you clowns only come out when the political ]

Both Liberal Arts. :)

Re: He has two Masters Degrees....

Jan 13, 2019, 11:24 PM

Actually, I have a BS in Biological Sciences, MA in Business and MBA with a concentration in Procurement. I have work experiences in the automotive, aerospace, and food science industries. So, if you decide to come for me, know that I'm going to clap back.

I like how long the list of leftist 'magic words,'

Jan 12, 2019, 12:52 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

has gotten. Y'all are running through them at record pace.

Jan 12, 2019, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

So you should decide for the players and all the rest of us? You haven't been invited to the WH, so you have no decision to make, but you seem to be trying to run a guilt trip on players who might choose to be honored at the White House. I say shame on you. Like most extremists, you seek to impose your opinions on others, and probably wish you could enforce that. You do our players a gross disservice through your didactic leftist views that would deprive them of the experience of being honore3d at the peoples' house. I hope the Clemson coaches and players have the wisdom to ignore your propaganda.

As someone who is anti-Trump, I say they should go.

Jan 12, 2019, 4:21 AM

Champions are invited to the White House. It's a traditional honor. A team cannot choose who the occupant of the White House is when they win their championship. They should accept the honor and make it a non-partisan event.

Re: As someone who is anti-Trump, I say they should go.

Jan 12, 2019, 4:54 AM

As a non-American, I can see both sides of the argument.

Clearly Trump is a flawed man(and President) on so many levels, and it is understandable if people don't want to tarnish themselves by associating with him.

On the other hand, the tradition of meeting the President having won a Championship is well established, and the visit to the White House is an honour that shouldn't be ignored.

On balance, I'd suggest that Clemson don't make a "big thing" of attending/not attending, and let those players and coaches who don't want to meet Trump give it a miss without making any press statements, hopefully avoiding a big media circus.

Those who do want to attend, can then do so, and conduct themselves with dignity and class.

Jan 12, 2019, 3:32 PM

Hey man, your opinion of our President is not "obvious." Who the he$$ are you and where are you from? Have you noticed that our economy is booming, that African-American unemployment is at a long-term low, that, that Hispanic employment is at an all-time high, that women's employment is at record highs, that Asian-American employment is all-time highs. So you say Donald Trump is a flawed president?? Thank you so much for your enlightened opinion as to how we should we should run our country. Oh, was JFK, whom I loved, a flawed president because he was getting it on in the White House with Marilyn Monroe. You dumb, jerkwater, a$$-hole!

Triggered much?

Jan 12, 2019, 5:51 PM

Seriously, what part of that post solicited that type of response? Thinking you may the a$$hole in that exchange.

There are actually people out there who don't equate the health of the economy with the measure of a man or president. I thought the point was well-made, just let those that wan to go..go and others stay home.

Jan 12, 2019, 1:46 PM [ in reply to As someone who is anti-Trump, I say they should go. ]

BlackFriar, you nailed it.

Jan 12, 2019, 7:27 AM

Shame this recognition for the team thread has been turned into a forum for the Trump Derangement Syndrome Association.

Jan 12, 2019, 1:54 PM

A shame, indeed. We probably have an extreme left-wing professor here, with tenure, can't be fired, sitting there and spewing his left-wing venom onto young, impressionable students. I saw it throughout my academic career, and it was disgusting. But they rule academia, by and large.

Jan 12, 2019, 7:31 AM

As long as no player or coach is pressured in to going I don't care! This is the one time the team shouldn't have to be "All In".

Jan 12, 2019, 2:00 PM

No player would ever be forced to attend, but now we have the leftists trying to shame the players into not attending something they could recall and value the rest of their lives. Something that is not political. But with these fanatics everything is political (see Lenin).

Jan 12, 2019, 8:58 AM

MAGA ! Trump 2020 ! If all you Trump haters don’t like the way he is running the country then vote! ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES! My neighbor was part of the 2016 team to visit and he said it was the greatest experience of his life.

Jan 12, 2019, 2:32 PM

The left still can't bear the thought that Trump won the election. In their heart of hearts, they don't believe in free elections. Their hero is Lenin, who had his Russian rival (Trotsky) murdered with a hatchet in Mexico. Lenin was the mastermind of the Gulag in Russia, a vast network of prison camps in northern Russia in which their political opponents were tortured and killed. Read: The "Gulag Archepelligo" by Andre Solzenitzkin, a leading Russian intellectual who was imprisioned there. I read every page of it. Our current crop of leftists in American politics are the brain-children of this dictatorial ideology, and are fully prepared to force their will on us if we allow it. Their poster-girl, Ocosea-Cortez-(whatever) recently proposed taxing top earners in this country at 70%, and if I'm not mistaken made some blatantly anti-semetic remarks, which she reportedly tried to walk back. I think reality is descending, and her "star" seems to be fading. My point again is why do we have to pressure our players regarding a non-political visit to the peoples' house where they will receive a well-deserved honor?

Jan 12, 2019, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

Look, in the past I voted for JFK, LBJ, and Obama---twice. I did vote for Trump. Okay, I look around: We are in a boom economy. African-American, Hispanic, and womens's unemployment at record lows. Wage increases spiking up. Industry returning to America, with an industrial revival in-progress. Our military is rebuilt. We are the top performing economy in the world. Okay, Trump is not Cuddly-Bear. That's not what I voted for. I voted for results. And we are living with them. So what we need now is a dose of socialism, right? Not!

Jan 12, 2019, 5:54 PM

I bet you don't complain about socialism when you get your SS check every month...just saying.

Jan 12, 2019, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date ]

They don't really believe in elections because they believe that anyone who might disagree with them is definitely the "enemy." Look at the Berkley students smashing windows and burning cars, and they'll never spend a day in jail because of it. And they are brain-washed by their ulta-left professors who'll never have to get an honest job in their whole lives ,and who can't be fired!

No snowflake anthem kneelers

Jan 12, 2019, 9:25 AM

On this team. Class all the way.

Jan 12, 2019, 11:24 AM

I don't support Trump, but I would go in a heartbeat. That would be a cool trip and maybe a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Jan 12, 2019, 2:48 PM

Me too. Go to the White house? Wow!

Figures we would get invited during a shutdown...

Jan 12, 2019, 11:42 AM

Should have declined the invite until everything is open...

Re: Figures we would get invited during a shutdown...

Jan 12, 2019, 2:53 PM

Gee thanks for your advice. Until what is open?

Jan 12, 2019, 6:00 PM

Actually wasn't making a political statement...it just sucks the players won't get to see some of the sights...Smithsonian for example.

You should probably take a chill pill. Getting way too

Jan 14, 2019, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Figures we would get invited during a shutdown... ]

defensive and excited on some of the more tame and reasonable posts in here.

Jan 12, 2019, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Figures we would get invited during a shutdown... ]

I really doubt that you are an "assistant coach."

Jan 12, 2019, 5:59 PM

Probably also hard to believe my pulse is > 2x yours as well huh? Why are you even online, I heard there is a Matlock marathon today.

Jan 12, 2019, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Figures we would get invited during a shutdown... ]

I think it would be cool if our players refused unless trump allowed government workers to go back to their jobs.

Jan 12, 2019, 5:46 PM

Why don't you ask the open border "progressives" to stop the shutdown?

Jan 12, 2019, 5:58 PM

Shouldn't the issue be between Trump and Mexico? He said they would pay for it.

Jan 12, 2019, 7:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Figures we would get invited during a shutdown... ]

dixiedon said:

Why don't you ask the open border "progressives" to stop the shutdown?

Remember just three weeks ago when trump said he would be responsible for the shutdown and he would “carry the mantle”?

I’ll never understand why Trump supporters refuse to hold him accountable on anything he says or does. I’ve never seen such blind loyalty to a politician. Why? It’s Donald Trump for Christ’s sake.

Jan 12, 2019, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Figures we would get invited during a shutdown... ]

I guess you may not have considered that it may be easier for the players to visit before the semester gets started full bore. Or do you just want our team to make a political statement that they really have no business making?

Jan 14, 2019, 9:40 AM

Is the visit still on? Justice Dept says the offices that were still open are closed due to the weather today.

Jan 12, 2019, 3:43 PM

Lol

Jan 12, 2019, 3:53 PM

Strike while the iron is hot...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2019, 8:12 PM

Message was edited by: keith75®

Really sad....

Jan 13, 2019, 9:30 PM

Really sad there is so much division in our country. So many posts full of joy and celebration and this one which should be pulled. Just plain sad.

Re: TNET: President Trump announces Clemson's White House visit date***

Jan 14, 2019, 9:30 AM

Jan 14, 2019, 10:01 AM

@0955 Jan. 14th

President Trump just said on Fox news that the Tigers will be at the white house tonight weather permitting.

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Replies: 132
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic