Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trevor is arguably the most talented college QB ever.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Trevor is arguably the most talented college QB ever.

Oct 19, 2019, 8:15 PM

He had what I consider to be the best freshman season of any college QB ever. He was amazing last year, and didn’t lose a game. The announcers and experts kept doubting him and saying that he was about to have a “freshman moment.” He never did. Instead, he delivered an incredible performance in the playoffs, culminating in our blowout win over a team propped up as the best ever (according to these same experts).

Well, Trevor still hasn’t lost a college game. In fact, if you go back to his high school career since he became the starting QB as a true freshman (beating out the senior starter) he is 69-2. This is an insane run he is on.

And the “experts” know it. The standard they have set for him is incredibly high, and probably unfair. Every mistake he makes is put under a microscope and criticized. Rather than focusing on his good plays, and his successes, they focus on his mistakes (which are far fewer than just about any other QB).

We know that Trevor isn’t perfect. He has made some bad decisions this year. But they are plays he is trying to make because he is confident in his skills and in his teammates. He will learn.

It’s easy to forget that he’s a true sophomore. He is way, way ahead of the curve. If the experts and analysts want to rake him over the coals, that’s their prerogative. I have zero concerns about Trevor. He’s outstanding, and will only improve. And he will keep leading us to victories.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Trevor is arguably the most talented college QB ever.

Oct 19, 2019, 8:19 PM

after the game today he did not even have helmet hair. it was truely amazing

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he's been pretty much turned loose this year,

Oct 19, 2019, 8:29 PM

and is more confident than ever. The result is that he's trying to do a little too much, in my opinion. He's so talented and he believes he can make almost any throw. He does make throws that most other QBs would not even attempt, and he makes them look easy. He just needs to back off about half a notch and play a little smarter. There's nothing "wrong" with him at all. Just my opinion.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I think he's been pretty much turned loose this year,

Oct 19, 2019, 8:36 PM

Last year we saw all the Tiger receivers make catches that were impossible and TL benefitted from those unreal plays.
We haven’t seen that as frequently this year. Today I saw four missed that were catches last season. Am I wrong about this ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree.***

Oct 19, 2019, 8:36 PM [ in reply to I think he's been pretty much turned loose this year, ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

im As much of a fan of TL as you are...but

Oct 19, 2019, 8:38 PM

You have to admit that he’s off this year. He’s got two future nfl receivers to throw to and yet neither of those guys are int he top 20 of NCAA receiving yards. Last year, both of them were on that list.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is the #1 draft pick

Oct 19, 2019, 9:06 PM

I think he is pressing a little bit but what concerns me is how little separation our WR have compared to most other QBs. Trevor is constantly throwing into small windows while Tua, Barrow, Hurts have guys that have no one within five yards of them OFTEN.

This much I know, if we don’t win the NCG, it will not be because of TL. He’s running like Boyd and throwing like, well, Trevor.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic