Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trevor Lawrence, Dual Threat Quarterback.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Trevor Lawrence, Dual Threat Quarterback.

Dec 29, 2019, 12:00 PM

When 6'6" guy can stand in the pocket and rocket the ball all over the field like Peyton Manning, it's easy to see why he has always been classified as a pure "pocket passer" or "pro style" QB. Naturally, you want to protect a QB like that, and not get him hurt or too banged up. Rather, you want him to stay safely in that cocoon and tear defenses apart with his arm. While Trevor Lawrence is certainly capable of being one of the all-time great pocket passer/pro-style QBs, it's clear to me that we need to rethink, and perhaps trash that label as it applies to Trevor Lawrence. Trevor Lawrence is and always has been a dual threat quarterback. It's what he is. As great as he is or could be as a pure drop-back pocket passer, it would be a crime to limit his abilities and his potential by keeping him bottled up and confining him to our perception of what we think he should be. I know, we all cringe every time he gets hit, but even though he doesn't fit the typical mold, he's extremely dangerous when he uses his legs, much more effective as a passer, and is a true dual threat QB. To the extent these labels matter, it's time we get it right.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

totally agree

Dec 29, 2019, 12:03 PM

we would miss a whole lot were we not using ALL of his talent. No different than when Deshaun was here.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trevor Lawrence, Dual Threat Quarterback.

Dec 29, 2019, 12:07 PM

I saw it in his HS clips and Dabo said it when he signed. Media gets stuck on their narrative. Fields is a Dual Threat, therefore better than Trevor. Plus signing with an SEC school must mean he is better!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic