Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trapp lands at Furman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,703

Trapp lands at Furman

Jan 4, 2018, 5:20 PM

Good for him,he should do good there.

http://www.furmanpaladins.com/sports/m-footbl/2017-18/releases/20180104oznb8d

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trapp lands at Furman

Jan 4, 2018, 5:23 PM

Just stay. Graduate Clemson. Be an alumni. Try your luck in the NFL if you want.

Better chance to sign as a free agent as a Clemson backup instead of as a Furman starter

He doesn’t have a chance in the NFL.

Jan 4, 2018, 5:32 PM

So he wants to play, and Furman is a great school. Good for him.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, he's gone. Just wish him well.***

Jan 4, 2018, 5:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Trapp lands at Furman ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Dude, he's gone. Just wish him well.***

Jan 4, 2018, 5:36 PM

Yeah I just can’t imagine someone transferring from Clemson short of your degree and part of a National Championship program to Furman for a few years of snaps against SoCon competition.

I don’t care he left just can’t wrap my mind around it of why

Jan 4, 2018, 5:43 PM

Um because he can get a degree from Furman and actually get to play?? What can you not wrap your mind around?

Jan 4, 2018, 5:48 PM

I personally could just never leaving the culture of Clemson to come to off the radar Furman. Not faulting the kid. Just me. I’d rather sit at Clemson than play at Furman.

Jan 4, 2018, 5:48 PM

Lmao okay.

Jan 4, 2018, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Dude, he's gone. Just wish him well.*** ]

It would be a tough decision but if you love playing football I can see why he would want to play more in a meaningful game not just practice. To say you cannot wrap your head around it is just out there.

Might be off the radar to you

Jan 4, 2018, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Dude, he's gone. Just wish him well.*** ]

It's not all about football and a Furman degree will serve

Jan 4, 2018, 8:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Dude, he's gone. Just wish him well.*** ]

Trapp well in life. He is not an NFL candidate ... even most Clemson players are not NFL candidates.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't blame him - good luck Amir!***

Jan 4, 2018, 5:30 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

That's refreshing. Great school!****

Jan 4, 2018, 5:50 PM

Jan 4, 2018, 5:52 PM

Excellent move to a great school. He is not going to play at the next level, so playing at Furman will be a great ride!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2018, 5:59 PM

We will see Mr.Trapp in our home opener next year!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trapp lands at Furman / Best of luck to you Amari!

Jan 4, 2018, 7:10 PM

It’s always great when one of our kids transfers out but to a solid program like Furman or a solid D-1 school. If things aren’t working out at Clemson. And it looks good for Clemson if the coaches help a kid make the transfer to another school. I wish Amari well and will pray that he has learned much about life while he was a Clemson. It’s always tuff to lose a kid weather it be his fault or our fault, I think Dabo felt to some degree he had failed AT. And you can’t blame a kid for wanting to play. Even if it means going to another school.

A great example of this was when my son went out for JV football. He survived the hardest 4 weeks of training camp then decided he did not want play football. He would rather focus on music which turned out to be theright for him.

After my son talked to the head JV coach and informed him of his decision the coach felt as if he failed my son. He called me that night and told me he felt as if he had failed my son as a coach. That was not the case my son just had interest in music. He allowed my son to travel with the team wear a jersey to school on game day and attend practice for 2 weeks to give him time to think things through before making his final decision. It was a great life lesson for all of us. The coach felt he gave my soon every opportunity to succeed on the football field. My son learned how to make a very difficult decision about his own life and as a parent it helped me not to push my kids into activities that fit my interest.

10 years later my son plays in a Christian band and is very happy with his life and married someone with similar interests.

I guess what I am trying to say is Amari’s decision to come to Clemson may have been because of outside pressure. Maybe at a smaller school he will excel. And I hope he is awesome at Furman. It’s a great program and he will always be a Tiger!

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,703
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic