Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Transitive Property
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Transitive Property

Oct 4, 2017, 8:39 AM

Try not to use transitive property when trying to assess Wake Forest. They are a good, scrappy team. However the same team that took an obviously down and out FSU to the wire was taken to the wire with a very bad Appalachian State team.

I get that Clemson shouldn't sleep on any team. I highly doubt the team will be "sleeping" on Wake or Syracuse, or Citadel for that matter (as transitive property suggests they are a threat since they defeated FBS and SEC powerhouse South Carolina last season lol).

All I'm saying is that 1) Clemson's talent + depth, AND the fact that they WILL be well coached WILL overpower Wake, whether its immediately or 2 1/2 quarters in and 2) Teams like Alabama never worry about their mindset going into games against inferior opponents. This comes with us being fairly new to being next level elite. With time and more wins, we'll stop worrying and expect to win.

Another reason why people worry so much is because unlike Alabama and Louisville and other teams that like to run the score up on people, Clemson's M.O. seems to be ball and clock control once the game is in hand, so some fans (and outsiders) don't feel that we are as "dominant". Some fans get restless when the score isn't 34-0 after the first quarter. Clemson has proven to be that team that puts you out to pasture by dragging you to the water when you can no longer fight.

Wake Forest is well coached as far as discipline, but they have a really subpar running game, and their offensive coordinator has been known to be a little too conservative in critical moments. He also tends to go with gimmick plays out of desperation for a spark to get drives out of the dumpster. Their defensive coordinator likes to play a lot of man coverage, and so long as Kelly Bryant doesnt overthrow receivers, they will be beat downfield all day. On the flip side, if Wake goes with a BC/VT approach of using 2 Deep Quarter Zone coverage, being that they are 51st defensively in rush ypg and Clemson averages about 250 per game, it will be a long day for them. Even if they try and rush KB, if they don't maintain rush lanes and get too wild trying to sack him, he will run right past him and gain yards. Don't compare James Blackman to Kelly Bryant as one is superior in pocket mobility than the other.

All in all, they will come prepared, but don't us BC as a reminder to what could happen with other teams. Thats like people assuming Clemson wasn't very good when we lost to Pitt, but them eating their words when we beat the team that apparently could "Beat the Cleveland Browns" in the championship game. If you truly believe Clemson to be a championship contender this year, this game is "just another nameless, faceless opponent".

Clemson 35 Wake 14

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We play Clemson 12 times in the regular season

Oct 4, 2017, 8:43 AM

Simply put, only Clemson can beat Clemson with mistakes.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Transitive Property

Oct 4, 2017, 8:54 AM

Not sure Wake scores 14...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Transitive Property

Oct 4, 2017, 9:13 AM

We're bad about giving up 7-10 points in garbage time, so I give them 14 to be safe.

I don't play wake forest. I can say whatever I want about

Oct 4, 2017, 9:26 AM

Those poo poo heads.

Clemson 6 million points.. Wake 350 points

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic