Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A comment on Mackensie's story about signing got me thinking
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

A comment on Mackensie's story about signing got me thinking

Jan 15, 2016, 11:27 PM

The comment was "we don't really know these young men at all" and he's 100% right.

His mom was laying in a hospital bed with a huge smile, seeing her son getting one step closer to his dream.

We all have a habit of only concerning ourself when it involves football, myself included. I wondered about his health, if he could go against Bama, and I can't even imagine what was on his mind.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A comment on Mackensie's story about signing got me thinking

Jan 15, 2016, 11:39 PM

His Instagram post was legendary, heartfelt, and just down right amazing.

I might be over-exaggerating a little.. But his post exlempfies so much in life, we never know what other people are going thru. Its incredible!

Jan 16, 2016, 12:01 AM

Absolutely. I did rag on Kearse recently but I try not to do it at all.
They all have families, lives, heck most even have school ;). One missed class is a lot of laps around the practice field.
Living with a player this year and meeting a lot of players has really opened my eyes to how they are a lot more than numbers on the field. At the end of the day they're students and kids (really athletic kid hahaha)

Jan 16, 2016, 12:17 AM

I went to Clemson with and was friends with his agent. Awesome seeing him doing so well

Jan 16, 2016, 12:19 AM

Also great Mac kept it in the FAM and signed with a Clemson grad

Jan 16, 2016, 12:48 AM [ in reply to Re: A comment on Mackensie's story about signing got me thinking ]

So his agent is a Clemson grad?

Jan 16, 2016, 1:52 AM

> So his agent is a Clemson grad?

Yep.

Jan 16, 2016, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Re: A comment on Mackensie's story about signing got me thinking ]

Trey Robinson 2009 CU Marketing grad. USuC Law

http://www.resagency.com/#!about/c2414

I think I speak for all of tnet when I say "Thank you"

Jan 16, 2016, 1:16 AM

Thank you for reminding us that it's about the kids and not us. After about the 500th time reading this sentiment and actually thinking it myself before reading it 500 times, I think it's finally starting to sink in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trick luh da keedz***

Jan 16, 2016, 2:28 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think I speak for all of tnet when I say "Thank you"

Jan 16, 2016, 2:36 AM [ in reply to I think I speak for all of tnet when I say "Thank you" ]

You're welcome

Totally agree... Good post. I wish all of them the best and

Jan 16, 2016, 8:02 AM

Expect them to make decisions that they believe will maximize their happiness in achieving their goals whatever they may be. It is THEIR life to live for THEMSELVES - not to live for anyone else, not even us fans.

The only thing that ever bothers me is when some dark forces start whispering sweet nothings in their ears to convince them of something that is truly not in their best interest. Whether that be staying too long or leaving too early. This is where I trust our coaching staff to do the right thing by the player. If they ever break that trust and it becomes obvious to me they have, it will put a severe chink in the amount of respect I have for this staff. To date, I don't see that being the case and THAT separates Clemson from most.

The same goes for this agent who is a Clemson grad. I am thrilled he is a Clemson grad. I expect he will do the right thing for Mack first and foremost at all times. I actually have more faith he will because he is a Clemson grad. But if not, it would put a taint on what it means to be a Clemson grad.

Clemson should always mean integrity and family. We should watch out for each other and be an example to the world that you can be successful and do it the right way! You don't have to do it at the expense of others and with short cuts.

Mackensie Alexander exudes this in every fiber of his being and hence why he was drawn to Clemson. Most if not all of the other players do too. THAT is what we should be most proud of every single day.

Go Tigers! ????

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2016, 11:45 AM

True. I had no idea his mother had health problems. Guillermo battled depression. Reader had personal issues. It makes you wonder how many other stories of this nature we never heard about.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic