Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Louisville game. Pros and Cons
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Louisville game. Pros and Cons

Sep 10, 2017, 6:47 PM

Cons:

They feel like they should have beaten us the last three years.
They have had this game marked on their calendar since last year.
Jackson will want to pull away from Mayfield and be the second player to win the Heisman twice.
Our defense might be spent after last night. Hope we give them rest this week.
Would be the biggest win in their football history beating a #2 team.
Night game. Always favors the home team.

Pros:

Dabo plays well on the road. Is not intimidated. Think of FSU and Auburn recently. And, Oklahoma, Ohio St., LSU, and Alabama at neutral sites.
Venerables makes the best halftime adjustments than any coach I have ever seen.

I can understand how, after only two games into the season, Louisville will be a slight favorite. That's fine with me. The secret is keeping Jackson in the box.

Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Louisville game. Pros and Cons

Sep 10, 2017, 6:51 PM

I seriously think we beat them by at least 2 touchdowns. They have the worst center in football and Dex and Wilk will push him around consistently forcing Jackson out of the pocket where O'Daniel and/or Joseph will be waiting for him. Also after our cornerbacks proved they can cover very well last night, I bet we see more of Tanner Muse on blitzes and leave Mark Fields on an island

Sep 10, 2017, 6:53 PM

As far as our offense goes, we can just run the ball up the middle and pound them, but we don't ever stick to that when it's working. Always have to throw or roll out which the roll out with Kelly seems to be a very good play early in the season so that's not bad. I just hope we stick it to them on the ground and rotate running backs as needed. I know the coaches will put us in position to win at the end

Sep 10, 2017, 7:11 PM

They will be pumped for sure and I think this the toughest game of the year IMO. Turnovers will be likely the deciding factor in the game.

Sep 10, 2017, 7:15 PM

I think it will be a tougher road game than at Virginia Tech even though Tech has a better D. However I feel like our toughest regular season game of the year was last night. Unless FSU new QB is legit

Jack in the box? Yeah, he'll be hamburger by 9:00.***

Sep 10, 2017, 7:24 PM

Re: If we can run

Sep 10, 2017, 7:41 PM

move the chains and eat clock, we should win even if LJ pulls off a few big plays.

Sep 10, 2017, 8:15 PM

As a Louisville fan, the run doesn't scare us nearly as much as your passing. Our defense has been in the top 10 against the run for at least 3 years, up to now. This year we've given up 76 yards on the ground, total, in 2 games against P5 opponents. But our pass defense has been just short of dreadful - it's a weakness. Biggest worry?? The big play. Washington - #15 - has historically given up a bunch. It has become a depth issue with Alexander - our best cover and a preseason AA - out. If he misses the game, I may adjust my expectations for the entire season. He is badly needed.

I think UofL will score. It's not as if Venables - who we totally respect - or you guys are strangers or something. Jackson gained what? last season against you? 500 yds? You very well may have even improved, but so has Lamar, lol. LOL, I look at it like this - you have The World's Greatest Defense. But we have The World's Greatest Player. It should be a great game.

Please join oir fans at tailgates, anywhere at all.......... Your reputation as hosts for those who traveled down there is off the charts excellent - and we travel well. Expect the same up here. You deserve it.

Sep 10, 2017, 8:30 PM

Two power 5 opponents? Purdue and UNC barely qualify this year. Your D scares me 'not at all'. Jackson seems to be throwing it more accurately this year. Doesn't look as quick as last year, but still one he77 of a player. Probably the single most dangerous player in CFB. Should be a good game as usual.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally agree.

Sep 10, 2017, 8:36 PM

Should be a terrific ball game. Face it - it always is.

^^^ Hey Senore2006...

Sep 10, 2017, 8:51 PM

you serving BBQ & Tater Salad with some Kentucky Brew? I'm hungry!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^ Hey Senore2006...

Sep 11, 2017, 3:55 AM

Hail yessss. We got some benedictine for you, too, and a good hot brown. Mint Julep to wash all that down and we're golden.

I have read that during the offseason, LJ was taught to be

Sep 10, 2017, 8:49 PM [ in reply to Re: If we can run ]

more of a pocket passer, to be more patient before taking off running. This may be the reason he looks "slower", unfortunately, he is not, and is more dangerous than last year. However, I think our much improved d will be able to contain him enough for us to pull off the win again. Having Conn as a new coach, coaching the safties has really helped. However, I think a couple of the corners ought to practice with boxing gloves again this week. That was unbelievable seeing them get those pass interference penalties obviously holding on to the jersies. Of course, after those two penalties, it did not happen again, except by Auburn , who got away with it, much to the delight of the ESecpn announcers. GO TIGERS, SHUT DOWN THE RECEIVERS AGAIN AND sack LJ a bunch of times, yea!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of the things we love about BV is that he seems

Sep 10, 2017, 11:15 PM [ in reply to Re: If we can run ]

to not always be learning, but to translate that learning to his players. That's why we feel confident when we play GT...every year we are more prepared for their offense. Last year Pitt exposed us with the shovel pass...a couple teams tried it after that and it was stuffed. Jackson got a ton of yards on us last year...I think we may be more ready for him this time.

But...we shall see. Enjoy the game. I hope to get up to Louisville for a game some day...but can't make it this year.

null

Sep 10, 2017, 9:30 PM

At worst it is a pickems game. Cool. Here is the deal, Jackson has run up numbers on Purdue. Yeah, Perdue. And Tar holes. They have not given up less than 28 points to anyone, we ain't Purdue. Good Lord, No one is. And UnCheats are maybe the worst ACC. I have reasonable expectations. Maybe we get them in the high 20s.

Sep 10, 2017, 10:42 PM

> At worst it is a pickems game. Cool. Here is the
> deal, Jackson has run up numbers on Purdue. Yeah,
> Perdue. And Tar holes. They have not given up less
> than 28 points to anyone, we ain't Purdue. Good Lord,
> No one is. And UnCheats are maybe the worst ACC. I
> have reasonable expectations. Maybe we get them in
> the high 20s.

He has also ran up numbers against Clemson and FSU. Annnnd, how long has Clemson being playing UNC in Chapel Hill? How many games have you played there? Well, LJ just set a record in their stadium with over 700 yards of offense. Not one school has ever put up that many yards at UNC.
Not even Clemson. Soooo........

Message was edited by: Alanin502®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2017, 10:50 PM

It helps to put up those numbers when your defense sucks and it requires your offense to stay in the game until late. We also haven't played a game at North Carolina since 2010 which was before our current run of success. You're also talking of a UNC defense that gave up nearly 500 yards the week before to a really bad Cal team.

Yoy beat a Larry Fedumbace by 12 pts at their place.

Sep 10, 2017, 10:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Louisville game. Pros and Cons ]

Wow.

So impressive.

I'd go ahead now and put y'all in the CFP. Y'all deserve it.

??

~JKB

Sep 10, 2017, 10:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Louisville game. Pros and Cons ]

Lamar is very good.

We respect him

Now run along home to card march

The way I look at this game is pretty simple

Sep 11, 2017, 4:49 AM

If our offense is just competent ( imo we were barely competent last Saturday ), then we win. The defense will do their job and limit Jackson and their offense. They'll still score and put up yards but I don't see them getting much more than 20. As long as we can score around 24-28, we'll be fine. If not and the offense is stalling out on a lot of drives and it's starts snowballing getting the defense tired, it could turn into a game similar to how they beat FSU last year.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic